Xbox News

Xbox News
0.0 0

Xbox 360 means a lot to everyone in Microsoft. And while we’ve had an amazing run, the realities of manufacturing a product over a decade old are starting to creep up on us. Which is why we have made the decision to stop manufacturing new Xbox 360 consoles. We will continue to sell existing inventory of Xbox 360 consoles, with availability varying by country.

Well, I hope mine doesn’t die now.

I have a feeling we will be hearing about this for awhile.

Rabble! Rabble! Rabble!

I thought they were making a smaller Xbox? That thing is huge!

He’s here all day, folks.

Xbox Slim right around the corner?

You guys might already be discussing this in a different topic, I’m trying to keep up, but holy crap does this put a wrinkle in things. Do I even want to keep my PS.VR pre-order, or do I want to wait for Holiday '17 and get Scorpio/Rift combo?

Even with the Neo, I can’t imagine how it’s going to keep up with VR, but I know it’s all speculative right now anyways. If i really cared that much about VR I would just get a PC, but I’m just thinking out loud here.

http://img.pandawhale.com/40237-Why-not-both-gif-69vC.gif

So, I need an Xbox One controller. My A button is sticking, and that sucks. I figured since I need a new controller, I might as well make one for Lifebar, right?

• Buy it
  • Burn it
  • What’s Lifebar?

0 voters

The picture does not show the Lifebar name engraved at the bottom, but that would be there too.

And in case you want to design your own, have at it.

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/

Left 4 Dead and Portal 2 added to back compat today. I’d play through Portal 2 again.

https://microsoftstudios.com/news/2016/06/27/xbox-fitness-sunset-announcement/

I doubt anyone here uses this, because it’s on an Xbox One and we are all Nintendo/Sony guys/gals, right? I kid… anyhoo… there is one piece of this news which is extremely troubling…

Since November 2013, Xbox Fitness has allowed you to experience the world’s best workouts with famous trainers, right in the comfort of your own home. As a service, Xbox Fitness has continually evolved since it launched on Xbox One, with new content and ongoing updates. Given the service relies on providing you with new and exciting content regularly, Microsoft has given much consideration to the reality updating the service regularly in order to sustain it. Therefore, the decision has been made to scale back our support for Xbox Fitness over the next year, and we want to provide our users with a timeline of the changes you will see. We’ll also ensure information is posted regularly in the News page within Xbox Fitness:

• Beginning today, June 27, 2016, Xbox Fitness content will no longer be available for purchase. For existing users of Xbox Fitness, the content you’ve purchased will be available to play for a year, through June 30, 2017.
  • On December 15, 2016, we will be removing our “Free with Gold” offer. Until then, Gold members will still be able to access and play the over 30+ workouts available for streaming as a part of this offer for free.
  • On July 1, 2017, Xbox Fitness (and all associated content) will no longer be available for download/play. This includes content you’ve purchased. At that time, Xbox Fitness will no longer be available for download from Xbox Marketplace and content will not be available for play from the Xbox Marketplace nor within the game. Xbox Fitness users will no longer be able access Xbox Fitness and the associated workouts/programs.

Things people bought and paid for are being turned off. Completely. No offline mode. Nothing. That is really shady and I do not approve of that type of business model.

Why don’t you say what you really wanted to say:

I was going to type that… but went the other route instead. Thanks for covering both bases though.

Microsoft has altered its statement on its policy for Xbox Play Anywhere titles, suggesting that not all future Microsoft Studios games will be playable across both PC and Xbox, as originally stated.

In the original statement (viewable on Wayback Machine), Yusuf Mehdi, CVP of Microsoft’s Windows and Devices Group, explained: “Every new title published from Microsoft Studios will support Xbox Play Anywhere and will be easily accessible in the Windows Store.”

The revised statement, however, states: “Every new title published from Microsoft Studios that we showed onstage at E3 this year [emphasis added] will support Xbox Play Anywhere and will be easily accessible in the Windows Store.”

The new wording suggests that Microsoft doesn’t want to commit to all future Microsoft Studios-published games being playable across both PC and Xbox, meaning we’ll have to wait and see whether future games in the Halo or Forza Motorsport series could come to PC.

Sorry, NeoGAF is full of gems today.

But Forza was one of the games that they showcased as an XB1 and Windows 10 exclusive…? C’mon Videogamer.