Xbox News

Xbox News
0.0 0

Anyone having Xbox Live issues this week? I’ve been reading the thread over at GAF and am losing it. There are some REALLY funny people over there.

Like this gem from ike_:

You probably flooded it. Just keep pulling, and occasionally give it some gas.
http://imgur.com/K33S0nC.gif

And from U2NUMB:

I am sure Undertow will be made Back Compat and free ASAP…

And some of the error messages…

And this one for Windows 10, not related to this issue, but still hilarious:

I honestly haven’t turned mine on in a couple weeks. All of the games I have been playing as of late have been on PS4. I do want to check out their dashboard update though, just not enough to power it up just for that.

I sold mine three months ago.

Hot off the heels of Playstation update announcement:

Too much BS to sift through to summarize anything here, so feel free to read it if you are interested. Translates in my skeptical brain to a bunch of speculation that will likely result in nothing, but I would love to be proven wrong.

Yeah. I was reading some of that yesterday and from what I gathered… it’s a lot of speculation. But… if there is ANY validity to what he’s saying, I hate that direction, and am SOOOOOO glad I jumped ship to Sony this gen. The last thing I want is for my consoles to be like PCs or smartphones where they are outdated in a year or two and software stops running if you dare not upgrade to the “S” model.

I like buying a $400 console and being set for 7 years, guaranteed that everything will run on it.

PS4 News!

I’m of two minds. I love those same benefits as I know that all games are optimized for the same hardware, so there are far less issues with compatibility, etc…, but at the same time I continue to get frustrated by the fact that these “next-gen” machines started out of the gate with a considerable performance gap compared to their PC counterparts.

If I could keep the simplicity of a console with the performance of a PC by paying a couple hundred of dollars every handful of years, I would happily do so, I just don’t know if I can have my cookies and eat them too…

This is tempting, although I don’t want to replay the entire game to where I left off, which was about 90% in. I should really just go back to finish it.

Bombshell!

Cross-Network Play
First, in addition to natively supporting cross-platform play between Xbox One and Windows 10 games that use Xbox Live, we’re enabling developers to support cross-network play as well. This means players on Xbox One and Windows 10 using Xbox Live will be able to play with players on different online multiplayer networks – including other console and PC networks.

Of course, it’s up to game developers to support this feature, and Xbox Live players will always have the option of choosing to play only with other Xbox Live players. We’re thrilled to confirm that Psyonix’s Rocket League will be one of the first games to take advantage of this new capability by enabling cross-network play between Xbox One and PC players, with an open invitation for other networks to participate as well.

We could have PS4 vs. XB1 in Rocket League in the very near future. That is so stinkin’ cool!!! Way to go, MS! I would love to see DC Universe Online do this as well.

Not sure it’s worth it’s own topic quite yet:

Sony responded with a “sure.”

"PlayStation has been supporting cross-platform play between PC on several software titles starting with Final Fantasy 11 on PS2 and PC back in 2002,” reads the statement from the corporation.

“We would be happy to have the conversation with any publishers or developers who are interested in cross platform play."

Sony’s response was to a direct question about whether it would be interested in working with Microsoft.

XB1 vs. PS4 Rocket League may become a reality after all!

Rocket league: Tearing down Socioeconomic walls.

I’ll have to see if I ever purchased Symphony of the Night on the 360, I sure hope so.

EDIT: Score!

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sanic and such

Anybody gonna pull the trigger now that they are starting to grow their BC library?

I pulled my trigger for Halo (but I haven’t played on that console since Battlefront launched). I’m not gonna pull it again and you can’t make me!

Gonna wait for the holidays and may get an XB1 then just for the eff of it.

Sanic and such