Xbox News

Xbox News
0.0 0

Only a “small, limited batch” of these Crackdown 3 controllers will be made. They won’t be put on sale for general purchase; instead, the only way to get one (with your Gamertag inscribed on it) is to win a giveaway or contest; these will be announced through Crackdown’s website and social channels.

Some interesting stats for those of you who still played Xbox in 2015.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/year-in-review-2015

Heh.

In 2015 you spent 48 hours gaming on Xbox Live
You’ve unlocked 8 achievements

I’m actually shocked it’s that much. I played Mass Effect 3’s DLC content and a small amount of Minecraft.

Here’s the one that I’m confused about:

You’ve been with Xbox since 1900

Uh… what now?

825 hours on Xbox live this year. I’d guess at least half of that was my kids leaving the 360 on overnight. :angry:

Here’s everything Microsoft has to share right now:

• Gears of War 4 (Xbox One) – Multiplayer Beta in Spring 2016/Launch in Fall 2016
  • Quantum Break (Xbox One) – April 5, 2016
  • Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Fall 2016
  • Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) – Multiplayer in Summer 2016
  • Fable Legends Open Beta (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Spring 2016
  • ReCore (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
  • Sea of Thieves (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
  • Gigantic (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
  • Killer Instinct: Season 3 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – March 2016
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Windows 10) – Spring 2016
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Spring 2016
  • Cobalt (Xbox One, Xbox 360 & Steam) – Feb. 2, 2016

Quantum Break in April. Are we all going to be disappointed or is anybody even expecting much from it?

So, when did demos and betas become full games? And there are 2 rereleases on there…Ori and the Blind Forest DE??? A rerelease of a 2015 game. I feel like they are stretching here. MS’s PR team is magical.

Yeah, I was first thinking that the Ori re-release was mostly for PC, but I see that it’s already on PC, so not sure what that is all about. I would say the exclusive list for both consoles is lacking, but I’m not sure if that is exactly a bad thing. Even though I own both consoles, I would prefer for there to be less and less exclusives to drive the quality of the games and the teams behind them. I will say that ReCore is what I am easily excited most for on that list, however…

Do we really not have a ReCore topic yet? WTF?

Wait… what???

I don’t want to do a list war, but for the PS4 I have:

• Street Fighter V
  • The Witness
  • The Tomorrow Children
  • Uncharted 4
  • Horizon
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Dreams
  • The Last Guardian
  • Gran Turismo whatever the full title is
  • Possibly Final Fantasy 7 Remake Chapter 1
  • WiLD - maybe 2016
  • And tons of VR stuff

And those are only the ones I can remember at the moment because I want to buy them. Well, not GT, but the rest.

Ha, I was in the middle of quoting your Forza entry as I saw it change under my highlight. Good catch :slight_smile:

But yeah, I didn’t realize how strong the Sony lineup is looking this year. I guess I was just relating to their less than stellar exclusive list for last year. I sure hope it stays at strong as it looks right now.

PS4 News!

Damn…

A Microsoft representative tells Engadget that the Xbox One and PC game is now slated to arrive during “the latter half of 2016,” though an exact date was not divulged.

That’s a pretty shady byline from GameSpot. “Find out the new release date” then in the first paragraph “the exact date was not divulged”. Lame

Anything worth checking out in the vault other than 2 year old sports games?

Oh c’mon now, Titanfall was great, it just didn’t have enough guts to last. If they could perfect the solider/mech balance a little more with 2, and add some more replayability, I think it could be a killer sequel.

I already mentioned that Witcher 2 was free on the marketplace, but it looks like we are finally finding out why:

CD Projekt’s first console installment for the series leads the list of Xbox One backward compatible games for January. The rest of the list isn’t quite as high profile, and you can check it out below.

• The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  • Sam & Max Save the World
  • Aegis Wing
  • Counter-Strike: GO
  • Age of Booty
  • Space Giraffe
  • Soulcalibur
  • Skullgirls
  • Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad
  • Small Arms

Titles added to the lineup today, February 11, include Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, Lego Batman, Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space, and Trials HD.

In other Xbox One backwards compatibility news, Red Dead Redemption (and others) were discovered to be playable on the console this past weekend. However, Microsoft has since removed Red Dead Redemption, saying it was made available to the public due to an “error.”

Take note, Sony. Ridiculous pricing aside, PS Now is actually a decent service but should not be considered a replacement for backwards compatibility.

Appear to be some pretty big changes.