Xbox News

Xbox News
0.0 0

We don’t appear to have a generic Xbox news topic, so I might as well kick it off. If you were waiting for a white Xbox One, which I’m sure all of you were, your time has come:

Wow this is a barren topic. I might as well sprinkle in some deals:

Here’s how it works: GameStop will pay you $100 in store credit toward the purchase of a new Xbox One when you trade in a PlayStation 3 (120 GB or greater) or Xbox 360 (250 GB or greater). With the Xbox One starting at $350, that means you can get a new console for just $250 before tax.

For those of you desperately waiting for that NXE:

Early feedback doesn’t sound like it’s too much to get excited for. Vertical menus instead of all horizontal, with some things fixed, some things still broke, kind of the same 'ol process we are all too used to by now.

Soooooo… barely any of my collection (I count 15 games and many I would never even play like Small Arms/Hexic which I got for free). Oh, and Child of Eden sans Kinect support. Glad I didn’t sell my 360 yet.

Wait, wait, wait…

Mass Effect 1, but not 2 or 3?

I read earlier, when BC was first announced, that they couldn’t get games with multiple discs to work. I know ME3 had 2 discs, but I can’t remember if ME2 did.

Ah, interesting.

Yeah, ME2 has multiple discs.

None of the games I was really hoping for.

As someone who has just started watching Silicon Valley, this is pretty great:

It sounds like the new dash rolled out overnight last night. Anybody get a chance to check it out yet?

Why yes @Rewfus, I did get a chance to check this out last night. It didn’t really blow me away, but there does seem to be some decent improvements. I still never know what I’m going to get when I hit B to go back, but I can live with that.

Ahh, thanks for giving us your feedback @Rewfus, sounds like a decent, if marginal update.

The calendar update that’s in preview right now seems pretty cool.

I was not aware of this calendar update, but after googling it, it does look kind of interesting.

Doesn’t PS4 have some calendar features now too, or is that just community event stuff?

UPDATE: Once again, I just answered my own question by scrolling further down the article I posted:

Yeah, they don’t quite stack up to each other.

Just come to me for all of your XB1 breaking news.

Not really news, but a very interesting read. I remember loving the Kinect for the first few months. I bought Dance Central, Child of Eden, Kinect Sports, The Gunstringer, UFC’s workout game, Ubisoft’s workout game, Fruit Ninja, Dance Central 2, and 3 and I remember starting to think about what a chore it was to play many of those games. Especially Child of Eden and Gunstringer. I had to grab a kitchen chair and put it in front of my coffee table for me to sit on, just for the Kinect to see me clearly and then my arms would tire out waving them around with no breaks. And then one day, it was only used for voice commanding Netflix to pause my show so I could whiz. Wiz? Pee.

So, when MS revealed that it was going to be mandatory… even I, a once diehard Kinect supporter, thought it was dumb.

Oh, there was a news story here…

New games added to the backwards compatibility list. Nothing too exciting.

• Braid
  • DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION
  • Doritos Crash Course
  • Fable III
  • Halo: Reach
  • Hydro Thunder
  • Iron Brigade
  • Kane & Lynch 2
  • Motocross Madness
  • MS. PAC-MAN
  • Peggle
  • Portal: Still Alive
  • Spelunky
  • Splosion Man
  • Ticket to Ride
  • Zuma’s Revenge!

Ha, I bet there is a foot lodged directly in your mouth now.

Someone wake me when Sneak King is available.

My mistake.