We Happy Few

We Happy Few
0.0 0

We Happy Few

We Happy Few is a game from Compulsion Games, makers of Contrast. It is a first-person survival game set in a drug-fuelled, retro-futuristic city in an alternative 1960s England.

First Released

July 26, 2016

Mac, PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Linux

Compulsion Games

Adventure, First-Person Shooter

Find out more at Giant Bomb

This looked really cool.

E3 2016

Very creepy.

I just want to remind everyone that I am a visionary. I will leave it at that.

and if you need further proof…

So I guess I didn’t leave it at that. Oh well.

So, this is coming out next week, but I have heard very little about it since E3. Is it going to live up to the hype of the trailer?

Finally managed to see some up-to-date gameplay from Gaint Bomb. Oh man, what a stark difference this game is compared to the intro sequence that was shown at E3. Procedural generated levels, stamina management, crafting, open world “survival” mechanics; this isn’t anything like the linear, story-driven game I thought this was going to be. Something akin to Bioshock or similar.

Is that good or bad? I can’t tell if you are disapponted or not.

It’s basically just another game from 2016 that hits all of the 2016 video game mechanic checkboxes aka super fucking boring.

That’s a bummer, especially with the potential it had with the premise they setup. You would think there are a lot of places it could go, but a survival rouge like is probably not the best one.

New trailer:

The final game will contain the full story we have been working on for the past 3 years. A lot of gamers who haven’t played the game think it is currently just a survival sandbox, completely unaware that it contain around 90 fully voiced over encounters or that you can remove the survival settings. The game has changed a great deal since the Early Access release, so if you see people around talking about “just another survival game”, we’d appreciate if you pointed them in the direction of recent changes.

Playing through the storylines of three distinct citizens with wildly different perspectives, you’ll explore Wellington Wells, encounter intriguing characters, and uncover a few secrets along the way. Take advantage of each character’s playstyle, whether by choosing to fight your way out of conflicts, sneak past unseen, or blend in with the townsfolk to avoid their suspicion. Just don’t get caught off your Joy. Only Downers refuse to take their Joy, and you don’t want people to think you’re a Downer, do you?

For some reason I thought this game had already been released. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

…says every gamer born in the 80’s that still thinks early access means getting to McDonald’s while breakfast is still on the menu.

Breakfast is on the menu all day now, isn’t it ?

You just blew his mind.