Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

0.0 0

A stand-alone story featuring Chloe Frazer and Nadine Ross.

First Released

August 22, 2017

Platforms

PlayStation 4

Developers

Naughty Dog, Inc.

Genres

Shooter, Action-Adventure

Find out more at Giant Bomb

The Lost Legacy is a new story set six to 12 months after the events of Uncharted 4. The action kicks off with a search for a priceless relic — the Tusk of Ganesh — and a decidedly unlikely pairing.

Starting with the level design. In one pivotal section of the game, the team wants to provide a more expansive environment that gives players more ways to explore at their own pace — “the biggest [area] ever for an Uncharted game,” Margenau mentioned.

While developing Uncharted 4, Naughty Dog had hoped to go even bigger on certain huge locations such as Madagascar, Art Director Tate Mosesian explained to me. But some concessions had to be made in the interests of maintaining the game’s development schedule. Not so with The Lost Legacy, where the game will benefit from an updated production process that can see up to five teams working on one location at a time.

“It’s got a bigger, more organic feel, with more player choice.” — Kurt Margenau, game director, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

In The Lost Legacy, this translates into a sprawling level with traversal challenges, environmental puzzles, shootouts, and more.

It’s honeycombed with secrets too, with new hidden treasures that will reward persistent players who try to traverse everything they can see.

There’s loads of environmental variety, too, partly thanks to the natural diversity seen in the Western Ghats region of southern India. You’ll explore lush jungles, soaring mountains, and ancient temples, in addition to the war-torn urban environment seen in the PSX 2016 reveal.

There is some new combat gear to master, too. A silenced pistol (The first lethal stealth weapon in Uncharted history!) will add new tactical wrinkles to The Lost Legacy’s stealth play and expand your combat options.

It’s worth noting that The Lost Legacy, which will be launching later this year as a standalone game, will be a lengthier experience than The Last of Us: Left Behind, but shorter than Uncharted 4.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/20/first-look-at-uncharted-the-lost-legacy/

Can’t wait.

August 22.
$40

Anyone that pre-orders The Lost Legacy at participating retailers will receive a free digital copy of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy for PS4 when it launches on August 22. For those who pre-order on PS Store, you’ll also get an Uncharted: The Lost Legacy PS4 theme designed by Truant Pixel.

Also better with sound. When am I going to find time to play all of these games?

Gamespot - 9/10

ACG - Buy

Press Start - 9/10

Eurogamer - Recommended

Gameinformer - 9/10

Critical Hit - 8.5/10

We Got This Covered - 10/10

The Sixth Axis - 9/10

Gaming Trend - 9.5/10

Digitally Downloaded - 7/10

IGN - 7.5/10

Den of Geek - 6/10

New Game Network - 8.3/10

Polygon - 8.5/10

Playstation Lifestyle - 9/10

VG Time (Chinese) - 9/10

GamesRadar+ - 8/10

Gadgets 360 - 9/10

COG connected - 9.1/10

Arcade Sushi - 10/10

Destructoid - 9/10

Leader Gamer (Turkish) - 10/10

Zwame (Portuguese) - 9/10

Gamepro (German) - 9/10

PC Games (German) - 8.6/10

USGamer - 9/10

Koalation - 9.3/10

PSU - 8.5/10

Spazio Games (Italian) - 8.5/10

CGM - 9/10

NZ Gamer - 9/10

Kotaku

God is a Geek - 10/10

Trusted Reviews - 10/10

Polter (Polish) - 9/10

NGB - 10/10

$20…but only for physical, wtf?

Crap, wish I had a PS4 Pro right now. I guess I have to settle for these crappy HD graphics that don’t look good AT ALL…

I finally cleared this game off my backlog and it was fantastic. It’s just as good as Uncharted 4, only shorter. It’s got a great story, lots of puzzles, lots of action, fantastic dialogue and likable characters. And… the open-world aspect in the middle of the game actually works REALLY well. It does fail the Bechdel Test in several moments, but I’ll give it a pass since they were making fun of Nathan Drake, it was funny and I’d have been disappointed if they HADN’T talked about their past with him. Also, the final set piece—while familiar—was really well done.

82 Donut Drakes out of 87