UHF/VHF Are Still Viable!: The General Entertainment Discussion Thread

UHF/VHF Are Still Viable!: The General Entertainment Discussion Thread
0.0 0

Aquaman and Bumblebee. Both good stuff.

EDIT: After thinking about it for a day, Aquaman…not that good. Entertaining? Yes. Good? Not so much. I fell asleep for 30 of the first 45mins. All the horseshit with brother and the having to get kingdoms together was such a bore. Woke up after that was still able to figure shit out. Another thing that bugged me was the DC calling card, poor CGI. The stuff underwater was great. But there were some simple shots, like the lighthouse or a boat on the ocean, that looked pretty bad. Also didn’t like the cock rock guitar riffs that played when he would smolder for the camera or do something marginal.

Has anyone watched Sorry To Bother You? That movie was nothing like what I was expecting. It goes places…

I’m in.

Also in to this. Really enjoyed how uncomfortable Nightcrawler was, and this looks to be in the same :rowing_woman:

Also, Glass is not getting good reviews thus far but mainly for it being an unsatisfying conclusion to the trilogy. Mainly saying that McAvoy and Jackson are great in it but it fails to deliver and is probably only best when viewed by fans of the “meta saga”. Sooooooooo if I’ve seen the other 2 I’ll like it? DGAF. Still seeing it as I love the first 2.

Also, what kind of asshole goes to see this without seeing the previous 2?

Saw Glass. Liked it. So suck it.

Anybody else watching Crashing or the new Season if True Detective? Both are very solid.

I need to see Glass yet. I was too busy this weekend shoveling snow.

I haven’t started True Detective yet, but plan to do so soon. I’m glad to hear that it’s better than season 2 though.

So far S3 is a return form.

This sounds terrible. Even for a Netflix original.

If you don’t want to read the article to see how absurd this sounds I don’t blame you. Just know that the male Zombies will rape female non zombies. Yes, you read that correctly.

“There’s an extra dimension to this zombie film, because they…. they…. I’m still wondering if I should tell this…. the male zombies rape human females. Yes. And they have human hybrid zombie offsprings. It’s a new take on the zombie genre, which is crazy.”

I’m pretty sure that at this point I could get a Netflix movie deal based on some crayon drawings my kids did when they were like 6yrs old.

A film for the whole family!

Now, that was 2011. Movies change just as much as the social climate. You’d have to think that detail has been changed by now but, it was worth mentioning. We’ve contacted Netflix for comment and will update if we hear back. [ Update: Sources tell us zombie rape is no longer part of the current version story. ]

Progress?

No. It’s still getting made.

The fuck is even going on here?

Ok…so…I’m still trying to digest this. Is Idris like a Super Hero? This franchise is all kinds of bonkers and I pretty much just view them so I can listen to the “How Did This Get Made” podcast about them. LOL

I’d watch that.

I mean, the series started bordering on superhero territory once Dwayne Johnson joined up.

Where else am I going to watch two gorillas duke it out with wrenches and broken rebar on top of a crumbling parking garage.