UHF/VHF Are Still Viable!: The General Entertainment Discussion Thread

UHF/VHF Are Still Viable!: The General Entertainment Discussion Thread
0.0 0

Black Panther was dope. After seeing Ragnarok though, the movie felt safe.

Shuri/Suri (?) was the bomb though.

Agreed! I watched Moon over the weekend and it was really good. I wasn’t expecting much (not totally sure why), but it pleasantly surprised me. Have you watched Mute yet?

I also saw Annihilation. It’s a decent departure from the book, but it’s good sci-fi in it’s own right.

Haven’t watched Mute yet. I don’t have Netflix but will search through other avenues for it. I’ve heard not great things but defninitely want to watch.

I can’t stop laughing at the ending to this trailer.

Yeah, there is room for a lot of good social commentary there, if done right. Who is the big baddy going to be? Mr. MTX? No wait, it’s a Disney product, my bad.

Just watched this oldie the other night. It was fairly entertaining and enjoyable. There’s also kind of cool POV and timeline shifts throughout. Has a Napoleon Dynamite-lite cringe dorky feel to it (the director was the 1st AD for that or something) but kind of got it’s own thing going too. I don’t think there’s actually cussing in it either, now that I think about it.

Looks like the whole film is online, actually:

Watched “It Comes at Night” and “The Girl With All The Gifts” last night. Both were great.

I’m probably late to the game on this one, but The Mortified Guide on Netflix is good. I had never listened to the podcast before, but they bring people on stage to read entries from their teenage journals on different subjects. Some very funny stuff.

I thought The Girl With All The Gifts was mostly good. There were certain parts where it looked cheap and like a made-for-TV BBC movie and I totally could not look past it. I did like the racial changes to Melanie and the teacher. I think that works better than the book. Some of the other stuff didn’t quite translate as well to film but overall I enjoyed it.

I really loved It Comes At Night. I just wish they didn’t pull the ol’ bait and switch with how the trailer presented what the movie. It wasn’t fair to a really good film.

Girl with All the Gifts is actually one of the few books I read before the movie. I understand that some stuff was cut out or different, but it was pretty faithful other than the changes LASSIE mentioned. I enjoyed both the book and the movie but the CGI… jesus, yeah, it was pretty bad in some parts. I’d still recommend both.

It’s almost 2 hours long but still feels like it’s a little rushed in places. Not book slow but I think more needed to be explored in that world. I think another 30 minutes couldve really helped and wouldnt have felt too long.

Like Mario, I enjoyed the book and if you liked the film definitely check it out.

Future Man, pretty funny. Weird Hulu show, but enjoying it so far.

Oh. No.

This is going to be a nightmare.

I really liked his Image comics at first. He basically took every popular X-men/comic character and recreated them in Image with similar powers and looks, but with new names. And they were fairly good. Instead of the X Gene, they had the NuGene. Instead of Superman, there was Supreme (who was Superman with an ego). Instead of Wonder Woman, there was Glory.

Then, he oversaturated Image with his comics, creating title after title after title. Youngblood, Bloodstrike, Brigade, Supreme, Glory, New Blood, Maximage, Prophet… just to name a few off the top of my head.

Then, he began running out of ideas, so every single story arc was a massive crossover featuring ALL of his titles. They started good, but eventually we get to this gem:

Babewatch. Where every male superhero is magically transformed into a woman. Yeah.

So, expect these shows to start off good, or at least decent, and then take a massive nosedive in quality until they are all garbage and canceled. But look on the bright side… at least he won’t be drawing their wrists or ankles horribly on Netflix.

I disliked the first film. This looks better but I don’t know if I need Adult Harry Potter Surrogate in my life.

It just makes me miss Stephen Hawking

On a lighter note: