UHF/VHF Are Still Viable!: The General Entertainment Discussion Thread

UHF/VHF Are Still Viable!: The General Entertainment Discussion Thread
0.0 0

For those of your with a wife and kids, where do you find the time to watch these shows? I’m assuming you aren’t watching them with your kids, so do you watch them with your wife? Are you watching them after they go to bed? WHAT IS YOUR SECRET!?!?

I am assuming a big part of it is that I would rather pick up a game vs putting on a show most of the time, unless it’s a Friday/Sat night where I know I can have a couple drinks and really get in to the show, but that only happens once in a blue moon.

My secret is quite simple. No kids.

And here’s my easy-to-follow formula:
Me Home Alone = gaming
Wife Home = binging

I’m usually up before everyone else so I get my gaming/show watching in while everyone else is sleeping.

Get out of my head Charles!

I’m actually excited about this:

Saturday night is when we watch most our stuff that we want to watch together. Depending on the kids school work or sports we will watch some during the week as well. Other then that we have shows we watch on our own and will squeeze them in when we can.

So, the ADT Security “killer” in Mindhunter…

BTK killer? He was from Kansas and the timeline matches.

Stranger Things 2…dayum. So so very good.

Finished season 2 - I totally agree.

Can’t be any worse than The Hobbit shit:

That’s a tough act to beat.

It’s time for my favorite short reviews of a DC movie via RT.

“A pointless flail of expensive (yet, somehow, cheap-looking) CGI that no amount of tacked-on quips, or even Gadot’s luminescent star power, can rescue.”

“A C-grade B-movie wherein all involved fully satisfy their contractual obligations.”

“Everyone involved in making “Justice League,” and everyone who will eventually see it, deserved something better than this.”

“Justice League is overstuffed and undercooked and features at least two too many new characters.”

“Dark, brooding, forgettable mashup of DC comic book superheroes not only displays zero chemistry between any of them in this corporate shotgun wedding of prized characters, it also is just plain forgettable.”

“Warner Bros.'s bungling of the DC comics franchise continues to sting.”

But lets not forget fan reviews.

“What Justice League tries to bring to the theatrical screen failed to execute all according to plan on its own. This is another example of how DC movies nowadays attempt to struggle a lot compared to Marvel movies nowadays. I hate to say it but the Justice League isn’t a good film”

“Reviewing Justice League is like an exercise of finding “sympathy” marks to help get a passing grade. Despite a good ensemble cast riding on the coat tails of the powerful box office performance of Wonder Woman, Justice League was painfully bland”

“Rushed, poor lighting, uninteresting climax…Thor: Ragnorok was better written and flowed much more naturally. Very disappointed as a DC fan I believe we deserve better.”

“Same thing as always …it sucked”

I forgot Rampage was a thing that was going to happen. It doesn’t look terrible. Maybe. I can’t tell.

Yep - knew Justice League two weeks after Thor would be a bad idea. That said, we’re not going to see it at the theatre. Just gonna wait til it hits the Microsoft Store and rent it.

Is Punisher worth watching now if all I have watched is DD season 1, JJ season 1, and half of DD season 2? I don’t think I ever finished that? Maybe I should do that first?

Please be good, please be good…