UHF/VHF Are Still Viable!: The General Entertainment Discussion Thread

UHF/VHF Are Still Viable!: The General Entertainment Discussion Thread
0.0 0

Glad I didn’t post a joke about him looking like a chemo patient.

Congrats on the recovery, Val!

:blush:

So I just saw The Mummy.

I went into this with very low expectations and was basically going to support my BFF Tom Cruise.

At first I thought this was going to be a reboot of the other Mummy franchise so I thought it could be fun. But then I heard it was part of Universals “Dark Universe” and the first movie to help usher in a new era of the classic Universal Monsters I thought "uuuuuugggggghhhhh’. I didn’t like the idea of these classic monsters functioning in today’s world and was afraid that it would be a CGI cluster F much like Suicide Squad.

But I actually really enjoyed it and at the end was quite excited to see where the franchise goes from here. The movie never really takes itself serious and has a good blend of action and comedy. Plus it isn’t overly complicated and makes it very clear from the beginning what exactly is going on and same can be said for the ending.

I was also surprised at how good the CGI was, There were a few points where it looked kind of off but for the most part it was a great blend of old school practical action with a mix of CGI. All of the action set pieces were great and Tom Cruise was in classic Tom Cruise form. Not a perfect movie by any means but it’s a lot of fun.

Speaking of Mr. Cruise, this new movie of his looks great. Based on the story Barry Seal who was a drug runner for Pablo Escobar.

Mummy sucks.

American Made looks good though.

Lie I said. Not the best movie but I was entertained.

But American Made does look good.

Finished Masters of None S2 and Love S2 last night. Both are great. Love is fantastic.

ALLORA

@Jango - Have you watched the final season of The Leftovers?

No. Haven’t watched S2 either. No more HBO.
Heard its been great

Edge of Tomorrow 2 being made? NICE. I love this film so much. Even if they decided to change the name to Live. Die. Repeat. Just get it right, bastards.

It is.

It’s airing on TV all the time right now and I watch it every time I catch it.

I didn’t ‘get it’ the first two times. I don’t think I’ll ‘get’ this one either.

I ‘got it’ the first 2 times and can’t wait for this one. That cast is stellar.

pfft

I’m outta here.

So, The Mist TV show is awful.

I’ve been reading Golden Age Marvel comics on Marvel Unlimited. Super heroes could be real assholes back in the day.

You think the heroes were assholes?