UHF/VHF Are Still Viable!: The General Entertainment Discussion Thread

UHF/VHF Are Still Viable!: The General Entertainment Discussion Thread
0.0 0

Ouch. I feel bad for anyone planning on renting Split soon since it JUST came out on Blu-ray/DVD.

But, cool news for those of us not spoiled.

There. Added spoiler tags.

HE WAS DEAD THE WHOLE TIME!!!

I wasn’t blaming you… that’s some irresponsible reporting. The spoiler is even in the URL.

This is something to be happy about. While the first movie was a huge departure from the book I still enjoyed it. But hopefully Fincher can get it more in line with the source material.

I still think World War Z could have been done well as something like an HBO series. Spend an episode or two on each section of the book.

Yeah, I was excited to see this because I heard it was one of Shyamalan’s better twist endings, not thinking much of that headline when I read it (don’t worry, Jango, I saw that well before you posted it). So I rented it tonight and holy crap did that make for a lack luster end to a movie that I thought drastically needed something unpredictable. Sure McAvoy did a great job acting in it, but that entire f’ing movie was in the trailer except for the now spoiled ending. Just hard for me to believe that it got so much praise just for that 60 second ending.

I can’t say I can blame journalists, or really anybody in this case, for spoiling it. I mean how else do you report the story? It’s just the price you have to pay for not seeing things in theaters. Life will go on.

On the other hand, the other movie I watched during my first of a few bachelor nights was The Nice Guys, and that delivered in a way I was not expecting, so all is right with the world again.

Love The Nice Guys

That was a good one.

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Dark Tower

This just came to my attention. Reviews make it sound fantastic. The story is very intriguing.

Saw The Lost City of Z. Damn good movie.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Blade Runner 2049

Not sure anyone can replace Mr. Perlman, but I guess you could do worse than Hopper?

I keep on seeing stories about the American Gods tv show in my feeds about how well done it is. Is really nobody here watching it? That surprises me.

I’m trying, but evidently Comcast won’t let you stream through the Starz app ?

I watched the first episode and a half, but then the 7 day free trial of Starz was up and I didn’t reup. I’ll try it on my own account (was on the wife’s) when the season is done so I can binge. I did like what I saw. Seemed to be pretty durn close to the feel of the book, if some of the scenes were shifted around and toyed with a bit.

Gotta love the people-devouring vagina if nothing else.

I really need to get that quote system back up and running…

I’m about halfway through the book and I’ve watched the first episode of the series (episode two is sitting on the DVR as we speak). I am enjoying both. Show seems very well done and it has a great cast. I’m sure I’ll have a stronger opinion after a few more eps.

I’d already recommend it, though. Along with the people-devouring vagina @CodSteaks mentioned, episode one already gave us this gem.