UHF/VHF Are Still Viable!: The General Entertainment Discussion Thread

UHF/VHF Are Still Viable!: The General Entertainment Discussion Thread
0.0 0

Amazon now has a Streaming Partners Program and offering cable services, like Showtime and Starz, A LA CARTE. They come unbundled and, while the other services being offered are a bit…specific, you can subscribe to Showtime or Starz for just $8.99 a month. In contrast, HBO is $15 a month.

It may be a small step, but it is a step towards more of an a la carte cable system (hopefully).

"I'm Lazy, Someone Else Make One": The SPAM Sushi Thread

I dropped cable years ago and survive on Netflix, Amazon, and a borrowed HBO account. I can’t wait for a true a la carte solution. I might be inclined to purchase a channel or few when that happens. Until then, we just don’t watch enough TV to justify cable.

I am glad Amazon and Sling are starting us down that path though.

I love how many options we are getting. We can finally have some REAL competition. Between Hulu, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Playstation Vue, Google Play, Sling, Boom, Pow, Wham, Krank or whatever, we can now get Showtime, HBO and various other channels without cable.

Still not FSN as far as I know, but the Twins are so bad that’s probably for the best.

Ahh, FSN. The only channel I truly do miss. And the Twins weren’t that bad this year. They were in the playoff chase!

I wouldn’t know, I DIDN’T HAVE FSN…

…or access to any sports news outlets apparently…

It’s going to be an fanservice shitshow…and I’ll probably watch and laugh.

Yes. Yes. Yes!!!

What’re your Best 10 Films of 2015 (that you’ve seen, which should probably explain omissions)?

You can do a Top 10, if you want, but mine are:

• Mad Max: Fury Road
  • What We Do In The Shadows
  • Ex Machina
  • Trainwreck
  • Ant-Man (I’m a follower, you could say in an ant-like fashion)

So, I’ve seen more movies than that but the rest were crap. I was going to try and populate the rest of the spots with films from 2014 that I saw in 2015 but didn’t want to to try and remember, the look up when they came out so judge if I saw them this year or not.

I’ve missed a lot of good films this year and last. The Force Awakens won’t even make it this year since I’m seeing it next wee.

Anyways, what are your picks?

Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Mad Max: Fury Road

I guess Ant-Man?

Oh shit. Forgot about Ant-Man. I got room on my list…

did you see the ones on my list, Ex Machina aside?

This is way harder than I thought it would be. I’ve been seeing less and less movies, especially newly released movies in theaters as the years go on. As far as movies released in 2015, the two that stand out are pretty standard.

• Fury Road
  • Force Awakens

Other than Ant Man, I’m not even sure what else I saw in the theater, but I wouldn’t put that on my list. I thought it was a good popcorn flick, but I don’t think I liked it as much as you guys did.

Older movies on Netflix that I watched and liked this year:

• Nightcrawler
  • Take Care (don’t judge, it’s my wife’s new favorite movie and better than most of the filth she watches.)

I’ll have to continue to think on this one.

No, I didn’t go see many movies this year.

In no particular order, my top films of the year were:

• Mad Max
  • Avengers
  • Ant-Man
  • Ex Machina

On the other side of things, what are you most looking forward to this year?

• Capt Amurica Civil War
  • Revenant
  • Hateful Eight
  • Independence Day
  • Deadpool
  • X-Men
  • Rogue One

Switching gears, I just listed some time travel movies in the Life is Strange topic. You guys should check out the list.

So yeah, my wife and I started watching Making a Murderer on Netflix yesterday. The next thing I know it is 4:30 AM and we have just finished the entire 10 episode season in one night. Needless to say, it’s addictingly good.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
The Witch
Civil War
The Revenant

I’m probably missing a few smaller movies that just aren’t coming to mind but most of these I won;t even see in theaters. I guess I’m still interested in Superderp v Buttman but, honestly, my most anticipated film of 2016 is The Force Awakens.