Tom Clancy's The Division

0.0 0

An online-only open-world shooter-RPG from Ubisoft Massive set in a chaotic New York City that is wrought by disease.

First Released

March 8, 2016

Platforms

PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4

Developers

Massive Entertainment, Ubisoft Reflections, Ubisoft Annecy Studios, Red Storm Entertainment, Inc.

Genres

Role-Playing, Shooter

Find out more at Giant Bomb

I’m guessing not many people are surprised about this:

I refuse to give a shit about this game until I read both professional reviews and what the community thinks of it.

I’m done giving Ubisoft the time of day.

Rayman was good.

I’m looking forward to this, but won’t preorder or anything.

If the only exposure I had of Ubisoft was that of Rayman and UbiArt games like Child of Light and Grow Home, my world would be a much happier place.

I agree. The early trailers looked too good to be true, much like Watch Dogs.

Yeah, this smacks of the same problems that Watch Dogs had. It made for a great trailer, but not much more than that. I also don’t know that the rumor that this is Destiny-like is a good thing either.

I actually enjoyed Watch Dogs, but I realize it was pretty much just GTA with hacking mechanics added in. I can understand the gripes against it, though. Overall I don’t mind Ubisoft’s formula (collectibles, unlockable maps/tower points, etc), even though I agree it’s getting overused. Maybe my expectations just weren’t as high for that game.

I did pick up AC: Unity used from Gamefly yesterday for $12.99. That’s the right price point for me for that game. I’ve played every other AC game minus Rogue and Liberation, so I am looking forward to it. Ubisoft hasn’t completely lost me as a consumer yet.

Ubisoft is teasing a reveal involving The Division coming tomorrow.

The company has released a PDF full of mysterious scribblings that lead you to the answer “Move off Manhattan Island now”. Once that’s stuck into the URL at the top of the page, you hit another PDF with further doodles.

What stands out, however, is the banner at the bottom that trumpets more information will be coming tomorrow, on August 27.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/08/Division_PDF.jpg

Just because news has been so scarce lately, I present you with this:

Hey, at least it’s better than bumpy roads, amirite?

God, I hope this game turns out to be decent.

I do too. The last “gameplay” they showed with the teams turning on each other is absolutely great in concept, it just never turns out that way when you have random trolls from the internet involved. I hope they can pull off a miracle and actually inject moral choice into a open world, multiplayer console game, I just would be incredibly surprised if they could actually pull that off.

Ubisoft’s oft-delayed The Division is still launching in March, but you won’t be jumping into the beta this month as planned. The publisher has announced it is delaying the testing until early 2016 on all platforms.

If you pre-ordered the game on Xbox One, you’ll still be able to give it a go. This week sees closed alpha test on that platform, with priority access going to those who have put down their pre-order money. Others may be invited in as needed to test features.

This just seems too risky to pre-order at this point. I know most of your have PS4’s out there, so I’m guessing nobody pre-ordered on XONE?

The Division Clusterfuck, meet Watch_Dogs Clusterfuck. You two are starting to share a lot in common.

I’m starting to get a bit concerned about this one.

I started getting “concerned” when they pushed it the first time following the clusterfork that was Watch_Dogs.

Push it to the next gen!

Push it REAL good…