Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
0.0 0

I have gotten back into this over the last week or so and cannot put it down. The MP is fast, fun, and tense. Still not a very deep game but this 4 week event is going to help with that.

I think this was free to play over the weekend, but I didn’t find out until late Sunday. Are you playing with some buddies or does it work pretty well with randos?

Playing with randoms and it seems to work just fine because of the basic set up. 90% of combat is confined to a very small area so you can easily see what your squad is doing at all times. I have yet to run into any douche bags. Hell, I played from 8pm-2am last night with nothing but randoms and it was fine. But over the weekend the guys I play The Division with tried it out and are most likely picking it up.

It also seems like a lot of folks are still just playing the base game and the Year 1 operators. I haven’t seen a lot of Year 2 operators either. You can find the Year 1 Gold Edition for around $40 new.

Ubi has also come out and said that they have no plans for a new Rainbow Six game for long while. Their goal is to reach Year 10 and have over 140 operators.

Jumped back into this a few weeks ago when my brother got an X1X. It’s crazy that this game has evolved so much in 4yrs. That being said I think they are running out of ideas for Operators. I have about 2/3 of them unlocked and still find myself using only 4-5 of each attackers and defenders.

Got me a nice 7 day ban from communication on X1 because of this game. Playing D and went to throw a gadget near a door frame and a teammate stepped in front of me. The gadget hits him and does some team fire and takes 5hp off his health. I think no biggie and set up shop and dude comes and calmly put his gun to my head and kills me. So I send him a msg saying it was his fault and call him a bitch. Next day I log in and get my ban msg. Again, what a bitch.

For @Jango’s (The Harasser) reference:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/understanding-smack-talk

• Smack talk refers to lighthearted banter welcomed by other players that encourages conversation and friendly competition.
  • Harassment includes any behavior likely to negatively disrupt another player’s experience or make a player feel less welcome.