Stardew Valley

Stardew Valley
0.0 0

Stardew uses XNA, which is coded for XBL. I’m not familiar with many XNA games that have been ported to other platforms.

Getting there…

Is XNA different than C#? Serious question because Stardew was coded in C# and wondering if those two are interchangeable?

Penny, you whore. Leah, you prude.

I have no idea, but a lot of the source files are in .xnb, which is used by the XNA Game Studio Framework, developed by Microsoft. It would definitely have to get outsourced for port work, just so ConcernedApe doesn’t have even more on his plate. The dude is personally fixing people’s bugged game files…

I’ve actually been giving Penny “better” gifts, now that I figured out what her favorite things are. Leah just wants salads and vegetables, and you’d think I’d be able to make salads with all the shit I have on my farm, but nooo…

Abort Project Leah. Girls who only eat salads are high maintenance.

She also spends most of her time making art sculptures.

XNA is based on the .NET framework (which would include C#), so I don’t know how easy that would be to port to platforms not owned by MS.

Some guy has managed to get it working on Mac and(?) Linux, so who knows.

Whoa, whoa, what? Link me, please!

Looks like it’s for Mac OSX Wineskin(?)

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/mac-osx-wineskin-attempts.106850/page-5#post-2799626

Ahh, wine, that makes sense. Wine lets *nix systems run windows apps.

What he said.

Thanks for the clarification!

Oh, man…I’ve known that girl. Pull your parachute, dude.

I’m thinking I’m going to stick with Penny, just so I can get her out of her trailer home and away from her beer-loving mom.

Ryckert wannabe.

Yeah, well, I stole his power when he and Vinny fist-bumped me at PAX as I was telling them they were heading to the wrong door for their auditorium, so there.

Exploit the vulnerable. I respect that.