Star Wars: The Fans Awaken

Star Wars: The Fans Awaken
0.0 0

Man, CinemaSins kind of sucks now.

Back when they first started the videos would be like 3-5 minutes but now they’re hitting and sometimes going past TWENTY GODDAMN MINUTES! WHO HAS TIME FOR THAT SHIT? Not only that, but 75% of what he lists is either him grasping for straws, giving something a sin because he doesn’t understand it, or completely misses/ignores the movie actually explaining something he gave a sin to in a previous or later scene.

PS: Didn’t watch the TFA video and don’t plan on it.

I got 3 minutes in and the count was at 17 and at least 10 were stupid.

“I don’t really like something and I’m trying to be a comedian! Sin!”

One of his sins was “why was Poe the only captive taken back to the FO destroyer”. Did this fuckhead not watch the movie? BECAUSE PHASMA AND THE GANG WERE TOLD TO KILL EVERYONE LEFT!!!

Yup. I decided to go back and watch it and ended up closing it after that sin. Also “this is how you close a hand. SIN!” Fucking what?

It’s not just the TFA video either, many of his previous videos have the same kind of bullshit. How this dude has that many views and subs I’ll never understand.

Poe being the only prisoner taken was in of itself a sin. If you listen to the sin, he’s not asking why Poe was only prisoner taken but also why not Poe and Max Von Sydow, who also has knowledge of the map. Why not take both? Not why was no other irrelevant inhabitant taken, but why not both relevant characters?

And the hand closing thing is a sin because they sin movie cliches and tropes…and someone closing another person’s hand is a film trope and they just put a snarky comment over it.

I don’t expect any explanation or whatever to make the videos enjoyable for you but it’s supposed to be from the viewpoint of a clueless filmgoer who thinks he’s a critic. Hence the many ‘stupid’ sins and nitpicky junk. It’s not meant to be a literal, serious critique (though here are aspects of that that get sprinkled). And they expanded the length of the vids because fans asked them (though i do agree some of their lengths are a bit ridiclous but not because of the time it takes to watch them but becuase its spreading the material a bit thin).

I understand that they’re not to be meant to taken too seriously, but his older (shorter) videos poked fun at silly movie cliches and plot holes without many shoehorned jokes whereas now they run the length of a sitcom episode and practically half of the “sins” are just lame jokes that aren’t even related to the movie he’s picking apart or even filmmaking in general, like the Michael Vick joke in the Sherlock Holmes video.

The Dark Knight video is probably the best one they’ve made, even with the dumb jokes they sprinkled in it, but the channel has gone downhill since. The only reason his channel has ballooned to the popularity it has, is because people are taking his videos too seriously because they need “proof” to hate on popular movies on social media sites, since nobody knows how to form their own opinion on anything anymore.

I can’t believe I’m about to type this, but… I think I agree with @Threctory on this one. At least Honest Trailers is still funny.

To each their own.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE_XI4GsscbPJC7XAJAfePnoR9XtAY3iImxq1Y0/

Look what arrived just in time for May the 4th! #cufflinks #maythe4thbewithyou #atat #ineedhelp

You are going to have three people very mad at you

You picked the wrong ones. You did it wrong.

That guy is a certified psychopath or should be.

“One day I read the first 15 minutes of the film absolutely accurately” he said. “I can tell you now that in the original opening shot of 7, the first thing that came into frame was a hand with a lightsaber, a severed hand that enters the atmosphere, and then the hand and bone burns away and goes sticking into the surface of Jakku” he added. “And this alien hand comes in, don’t know if it was Maz but it was an alien hand who takes the light saber way, and then the movie proceeds as you see it.”

lolwut

That would not have made any sense.

Nerd Alert:
Cloud City hovers above Bespin, a gas giant, NOT Jakku. So if his hand and saber were excreted from Cloud City the same way Luke was, it would have been lost forever.