Star Wars: The Fans Awaken

Star Wars: The Fans Awaken
0.0 0

I don’t know why I like to torture myself, but I went and watched “The Beginning” the other day. That is the EP1 behind the scenes doc. God damn, it is infuriating to watch. Rick McCallum might be the greatest villain in the Star Wars universe.

Uh oh! Some Star Wars fatigue setting in?

No. They foolishly released the movie in the most competitive timeframe this year with fairly poor marketing. It was never going to do great against Infinity War, Deadpool 2 and the Overboard remake.

Fox has accepted Disney’s bid to buy them. Hello there originals #hanshootsfirst

Sounds like the plans to halt production on stand alone films may have been premature. From what I’ve been seeing the GoT folks are still moving forward with thiers as is Rian Johnson. Boba Fett looking to resume production after EP9. Sounds like there was a film cancelled and that it was a Mos Eisley spin off.

I think they really screwed the pooch by releasing Solo when they did. Going up against it’s own in house competition and Disney wanted it pushed to December but LucasFilm said no. Shame too because I loved Solo.

As “enjoyable” as Solo was, I don’t think it was a very smart decision to make a movie about Han rather than any number of other famous Star Wars characters or stories.

Also Kennedy and company don’t seem to have a general idea or plan where to take the new trilogy like Lucas did with his (post A New Hope), and that worries me. I feel like if there was a clear plan between the directors and writers of the new main movies, TLJ wouldn’t have be as divisive as it was.

I honestly don’t know what to think of the future of Star Wars at this point, other than just accepting the mainstream, company-led focus the studios are taking it.

Sounds like Kathleen Kennedy may be on her way out for the handling of Solo.

Did it really do that bad? Or, relative to the other Star Wars movies, it didn’t do quite as well? The reports make it sound like it was a complete trash pile and they sold 142.5 tickets world wide, but I’m willing to bet there are plenty of other movies that would love to do some Solo numbers.

It did horribly. Just look at that embarrassing #5 position.

05%20PM

I didn’t want no Solo movie, I don’t want a Boba Fett movie, and I don’t want a fucking Ben Kenobi film. The Star Wars universe has so many stories to tell, why are we being forced to re-visit the same characters over and over again? Make a KOTOR film or Darth Plageius or whatever, FFS.

Why not both?

After seeing that list, I only have one thing to say.

Fuck Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

Seeing lots of reports that the “A Star Wars Story” films could be headed to Disney’s streaming service instead of theaters with digital/BR release to follow months later.

I for one loved Solo. Was it necessary? Nope. But no more necessary than any other franchise spin off or sequel. I think it was poorly timed. That being said I would be ok with the releases moving to the Disney service. I would love to see them enter the animated movie realm as well the way that DC does. Would be a great way to tell new adventures involving the legacy characters(Like, Han, Leia etc etc).

But I would also like some new shit too.

no