Star Wars: The Fans Awaken

Star Wars: The Fans Awaken
0.0 0

Didn’t they make the EU non-canon because of crap like that? Maybe presenting then destroying the temple is a metaphor for the EU…

lol

Time travel in Star Wars?

Seriously. The implications at this point in the saga could be crippling.

Now I’m hearing rumors that JJ has dabbled with this in his early EP9 script as a way to tie all 9 movies together.

Rebels is finally over. Thanks fucking god. They ended with the biggest cop out ever.

In the end, which is a year or two from the events of Rogue One, Ezra goes missing. Thrawn goes missing. They flash forward to the post RotJ only for us to find out that Rex and Herra fought in the battle of Endor, Sabine has been watching over the planet Lothal, Kallus and Zeb are on Zeb’s home planet. Eventually Sabine teams up with Ahsoka to go looking for Ezra. Mind you this all takes place post RotJ. Just so we are clear. Rogue One through post battle of Endor time lines had not 1, but 2 Jedi in the galaxy other than Yoda, Luke, and Obi-Wan. What the fuck! This cheapens the very existence of all 3 of these legacy characters. Gone is the desperation and despair. Gone is the weight of the sacrifice of Obi-Wan and the passing of the torch from Yoda to Luke. Gone is the redemption of Anakin. Luke is now no longer the last of the Jedi in this time line. Fuck you Rebels. FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK YOU!

I blame Disney.

Oh. One more thing I forgot about. Herra and Kanan had a kid who we meet at the end. So make that another person who could potentially be a force user. Again, fuck this show.

I’m on board with this.

"When people ask me, ‘Don’t you think people are going to get sick of Star Wars movies?’ to me that question indicates that they’re thinking of Star Wars movies as a museum exhibit that is wheeled out once a year so you can say, ‘Oh, I loved that thing. Oh, I remember that thing!’ And yes, if Star Wars is that, people are going to get sick of it really quickly.

But if Star Wars are great new movies that are exciting and fresh, and that challenge you and surprise you and make you feel things and engage you the way that those original movies did—but always taking you to new places, both in the galaxy and emotionally—that’s never going to get old. That’s what it’s all about."

Amen. I love this man.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Solo: A Star Wars Story

I finished Rebels season 1 this weekend. I know @Jango said it’s a dumpster fire, but it’s part of the Star Wars timeline… so I feel the need to consume it. Plus, I need to see the death of Darth Maul (I didn’t watch much of the second half of the Kenobi video above—spoilers). Season 1… not bad though. I like the music throughout and the cameos so far have been pretty well done.

Oh, I consumed it. But it was still awful. Just…like…awful.

May the Fourth be with you. In WI, even our DoT gets in on the festivities today.