Star Wars: Battlefront II

featured
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f57d17ea0b0>
Star Wars: Battlefront II
0.0 0

The only thing worse than a Star Wars fan is a pissed of Star Wars fan.

Had some time to think about this and yup, it still hacks me off.

I understand wanting to make money. I really do. But if this is the alternative to not paying for a Season Pass then I’d much rather pay for the Season Pass.

How you go from a game, BF1, where all the Heroes were unlocked to hiding them behind a grind or paywall seems like such a step backwards. What pisses me off even more is that I know my son is gonna want to spend his allowance on “Crystals” to help him unlock Heroes quicker. So even though I may not be buying them for me I’m still kind of buying them. LOL.

I was listening to the “Now This Is Podcasting” podcast from Making Star Wars and they were talking about Amy Henning’s canceled SW game that was part of the Visceral closure. They were basically saying how the game is on hold for now because EA is working on a way to monetize it. The thought is, according to “insiders”, is that they are going to keep the story and characters but try and make it open world game ala GTA and then have a “Shark Card” type of system in place if you want to get in game currency quicker.

And EA’s response is now the most downvoted comment on Reddit.

FYI it’s not like any of this will matter in the end. EA is all about shareholders, and the small percentage of whales that will drop $$$ on microtransactions is enough of a reason to not do anything to keep the average playerbase from getting fucked.

The only winning move is not to play. Forever, with what the future of AAA video games looks like…

Why not give players a chance to unlock the Heroes in a loot crate? If games are gonna do this they should all look at what FIFA does with it’s “Transfer Market”. People could unlock skins, vanity items, weapons, Star Cards, Heroes, and other some such and then if they already have them they can go and sell them on the Black Market and make money to then buy what you want. Hell, they could even have a social hub based around it. Have Markets set up at Jabba’s Palace, or other planets based on what you want to buy. Hell, make it so folks can play Sabacc with currency they earned in game as a way to make more Crystals to spend.

C’Mon EA, hire my dumb ass. I got the ideas. LOL

To me, I’d rather have this than the Season Pass. I loved the DLC content from the last game, but after awhile the segregated playlists were ghost towns. I really wanted to play HvV in the Outer Rim playlist, but it took forever and matches wouldn’t even stay full.

As for this latest news… it’s not great. But, until I play the game, I’m going to reserve my final verdict. As I see it now, I’m not that upset because during the beta, I rarely had the chance to play as a Hero anyhow. The only place I’d see me being upset is when I go into HvV and can’t select my favorites.

Also, I’m actually more excited about the single player campaign right now—which is unaffected by this news.

And as for people voting with their wallets, this is a no-win situation for the consumer. If you vote with your wallet and not buy the game, people excited for this will still buy the game (especially the whales). So, the vast majority of the people playing the game (whales) will be buying crates and EA will see this as a success. “Look! 90% of the people playing are spending extra money!!! $$$$$$$uccess!” That’s hyperbole, but you get the idea. Now, if a bunch of people buy the game, play single player and realize that multiplayer is pay-to-win and drop out, never spending another dime, THAT would send a better message to EA. But at the same time, they already got your $60.

The ONLY way to stick it to EA is to buy the game used and never buy a loot crate.

But in reality, this game is going to sell gangbusters no matter what and the whales are going to whale. The angry redditors are a vocal minority compared to the pool of actual consumers and EA is already seeing $ signs in their eyes. Thanks, Obama.

Hopefully some of these replies will bring some clarity and hope.

• Performance during games will affect the amount of credits you get at the end of a match.
  • Matchmaking will take into account not only player skill, but also total gametime and rarity of star cards. This means that you will be matchmade with players with an average performance similar to you and (to the largest extent possible) not against players who are much better than you, whether by having higher rarity cards or by showing higher skill.
  • Heroes that are locked at launch will only be unlocked with credits, not crystals. The heroes, similar to the locked weapons for Troopers, are sidegrades instead of upgrades (Darth Vader should be on similar power level as Darth Maul, etc). The goal is to keep you playing for a long time and have something cool to look forward to as you earn credits.
  • Speaking of earning credits, we’re constantly evaluating and tweaking the earn rates versus the cost of crates and heroes. The current rates were based on open beta data, but you should expect us to constantly evolve these numbers as we hit launch and onwards. There will also be more milestones that award credits and crafting parts available, as well as star cards only unlockable through those milestones. If all you want to do is play and grind towards your next unlock that will be fully possible and we’ll continue to tweak the numbers until the requirements feel fun and achievable.

If the bolded is truly true, cool. But, I somehow doubt it is.

Really hope that’s how MM works.

I want to help you ALL on Launch day! (Strategy/Pro Tips) Guide
By Dash_Gaming

Hear me out because this will be long and precise to properly assist and educate everyone to know the game mechanics ins and outs.

Class Levels:
Each Class has it’s own level. Each Class level is represented by how many star cards or crafted/unlocked cards you have. As well as the level of each individual card themselves when it comes to upgrading.

Multiplayer Rank/Level:
This DIRECTLY coincides with Class Levels for the sole purpose of unlocking/upgrading higher tiers/versions of said Star Cards.

What this means is that when you Play multi player you rank up and so on. Which also means when you get high enough of a rank you can upgrade further and further. Multiplayer rank 10, 15, 20 which is Epic status availability Tier for upgrading (Depending on Class levels and Crafting parts available of course).

All of this brings me to the purpose/point of this post to clear up some confusion for those who don’t quite “Get it” yet.

The following is my launch day Guide of what to do, in what order, BEFORE GOING INTO MULTIPLAYER, to give each and everyone one of you the proper BOOST and advantage to rank up without worrying about all other in game tasks, allowing you to focus on your on progression and needs within the Classes/Heroes/Vehicles of YOUR choosing, of YOUR ORDER to choose etc.

Guide for SUCCESS on Launch day!:
ARCADE:
Go in there and complete both Light & Dark side’s and get the 3 Star Ranks of everything. The rewards and Unlocks will explain why. Too much to type. Basically Credits, Skins, Crystals (YES CRYSTALS, FREE OF CHARGE), and LOTS OF PARTS.

Story/Campaign:
This is the easy part, Just play the entire story, unlock all you can in the first play through on any difficulty of YOUR choosing. (Go back later to find all the hidden things/easter eggs for more unlocks). Finish the campaign as more story releases the following month for TLJ Movie Release (Good to knock that out so you’re not behind when it launches :slight_smile: ). Also just like the Arcade mode clearing, you will get a ton of rewards and currencies, as well as other lovely gifts.

Now the Moment we’ve all built up to if you followed this guide/strategy.

Multiplayer:
The MOST important part of this is that each and everyone of you play YOUR WAY, to YOUR liking, how YOU want. Remember that. This is just a game, and you and everyone else have the right to play it however you want :).

If you’ve followed the order of this guide so far, and are jumping into multiplayer you will be able to craft all the cards for you favorite class/class you are working on, as well as a Hero of your choice, also a Star Fighter, AND Special Unit (Aerial/Enforcer) etc.

Pick your class to focus on, and use those BP’s for the Special Unit or hero you’re working on/Star Fighter same deal, and just PLAY. If you’ve done everything in order/right so far, as you hit rank 10, 15, 20. You wont ever have an issue with upgrades, parts, credits for crates while playing to get more things you may need etc. Not even kidding. That’s pretty much it.

Do you think this is enough to convince you? Or the masses?

I mean, it’s a step, but I’m still not confident with the future of AAA games and the major studio decisions behind them.

Oh, no. The future is a flaming dumpster barreling down the highway towards a puppy orphanage. This small change isn’t about to stop that, but it may have slowed it down a few days.

Something something Ragnarok?

Despite the Polygon hate, I’m still a Kuchera fan and appreciate his perspective:

So I found a way bigger issue with the game than what’s already been discussed.

Three minutes into the opening cutscene and the Rebel Sullustan is speaking straight-up, goddamned English.

What the fuck DICE?

What. The. Fuck.

Oh my god, all of the non-human species speak English and are lip-synced for it.

WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE?!

Ok, that’s weird.

I played a few rounds of “Arcade” for both the Light and the Dark and then played 3 matches of Starfighter Assault. Took me a match or 2 to get the hang of the new flight controls. Not a fan of L3 controlling my barrel rolls. Made it really hard to find a straight path at times. Didn’t look in the control options for a different setting but will. The key to earning points in that game if you suck at dog fighting is to go after the objectives. In the 3rd match I did this and got a few kills along the way and was able to get Kylo Ren’s Tie Silencer for a bit before I crashed it into a Mon Calamari capital ship.

Noticed that Yoda, Rey, Lando, Fett, Maul, and Kylo Ren are all unlocked out of the box. So that’s not too bad.