Star Wars: Battlefront II

featured
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f57d09f4578>
Star Wars: Battlefront II
0.0 0

Cool. Now where’s Obi Fucking Wan Kenobi

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/10/23/rule-the-battlefield-as-the-emperor-in-star-wars-battlefront-ii/

https://static.blog.playstation.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Emperor-755x425.jpg

At close range, the Emperor is especially potent, wrecking groups of enemies with his area effect attacks. The heart of the Emperor’s arsenal is his signature Force lightning. The iconic bolts of purple-blue energy fired from his hands serve both as the Emperor’s standard attack and as the basis for his special offensive abilities.

The Emperor’s chain lightning is among his most terrifying and potent attacks. A bolt of lightning strikes a nearby foe, then spreads to strike another, and another. Used against tightly-packed squads, this power is a potent equalizer, shifting the balance of power in seconds.

The Emperor can also summon a dark aura of Force energy to surround his body. Any opponent caught within it suffers a twofold effect: the aura deals damage and it slows any enemy unfortunate enough to come into contact.

Finally, the Emperor can completely lock down groups of nearby enemies with electrocute, catching them in an immobilizing area of energy and rendering them vulnerable to the Emperor’s allies.

Wonder if we’ll also get a prequel era emperor with dual lightsabers ala The Clone Wars

Oh my.

All I want is some Anakin and Obi Wan hero options during the Clone Wars

The rumor is that Obi Wan is going to be released with Gen. Grievous and they are having issues with GG, so the entire pack is on hold until they can fix him.

Im soooo ready for this. Here’s what I’m doing now with the volume cranked up.

F Grievous. Liked him better in cartoon form. You know. When he actually scared people.

After incorporating feedback from the Beta, we’re happy to share our plans for launch:

• Epic Star Cards, the highest tier of Star Cards available at launch, have been removed from Crates. To help keep everyone on a level playing field, these Star Cards will primarily be available through crafting, with the exception of special Epic Star Cards available through pre-order, deluxe, and starter packs.
  • You’ll need to reach a certain rank to craft upgraded Star Cards. You won’t be able to buy a bunch of Crates, grind everything up into crafting materials, and immediately use them to get super powerful Star Cards. You can only upgrade the ability to craft higher tier Star Cards by ranking up through playing the game.
  • Weapons are locked behind specific milestones. While a select few will be found in Crates, the rest can only be attained by play. Want to unlock a new weapon for your Heavy? Play as a Heavy and you’ll gain access to the class’s new weapons.
  • Class-specific gear and items can be unlocked by playing as them. As you progress through your favorite class, you’ll hit milestones granting you class-specific Crates. These will include a mix of Star Cards and Crafting Parts to benefit your class’s development.

I’m ready. Thanks to the share game feature we only had to buy 1 digital copy of the game for the 2 consoles in the house. So since my son paid for half we got the digital deluxe trooper edition and will have access to it on the 13th.

Annnnnnd downloaded.

Annnnnnnd that’s the last time you will ever know what you are actually paying for in Battlefront.

I kid, I kid. I had to.

It all starts with choosing a side. On December 5, you’ll have an opportunity to align with the First Order or choose to fight for the Resistance. Your choice is important, as it will allow you to take part in special challenges that will grant your faction specific rewards.

Things kick into high gear on December 13. Your favorite stormtrooper-turned-hero Finn joins the fight for the Resistance and Captain Phasma steps on to the Battlefront for the First Order. They can be purchased with in-game Credits that week. Whichever faction is victorious in completing the most challenges that week will net a reward as well: a special Crate of high-power upgrades for Finn or Captain Phasma.

New locations and vehicles will also arrive. On December 13, the cinematic content from Star Wars™: The Last Jedi continues with a new planetary map: Crait. The Starfighter Assault map of D’Qar will join as well, plus a new hero ship – Tallie Lintra’s RZ-2 A-wing. Poe Dameron’s T-70 X-wing is also upgraded with a new ability inspired by Star Wars™: The Last Jedi .

Iden Versio returns. In Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II Resurrection, you’ll join Commander Iden Versio during the days of the First Order’s rise to power. These new chapters of Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II’s single-player story mode will be available December 13.

Your choice of faction will continue to matter. Throughout December, you’ll see your chosen faction’s progress reflected in-game, as you fight alongside allies from around the world to swing the tide of battle.

And just because it’s hilarious:

Ok. We have the first big chink in the armor. WTF. You mean to tell me I have to spend in game currency to unlock the Heroes? As in the very fucking icons that Star Wars is based on? Ummmmm…Houston, we have a problem. A real big fucking problem.

Here’s an official response from their Community Team on one of the main Reddit posts:

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.

As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we’re looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we’ll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.

Link HERE

I emphasized the very first sentence for how absurd it is.

I wonder if Burger King wants to sell me a sense of pride and accomplishment by making me work 10 hours for my fucking fries.

Such bullshit. Suuuuuuch bullshiiiiit.

Yeah. Go ahead and Fuck all the folks out there who are getting this to play as their heroes. The outrage from fringe gamers who are just wanting to support Star Wars is going to be huge.

Oh it’s already starting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7ciekf/im_formally_requesting_eas_community_manager_of/