Can’t wait to clean some rebel scum!
Did someone say full VR X-Wing?
I’ve heard a few sources on youtube say that playing in 1st person will give players an accuracy boost. There will also be a “penalty” for firing from the hip while strafing back and forth. The way it was described made me think of the fix that was added to The Division. In there, the longer you fire from the hip the less accurate you become and if done while strafing it takes half the time to reach that pinnacle of inaccuracy.
Star Wars Battlefront II will chronicle the mysterious 30-year gap between Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and Episode VII: The Force Awakens. How did that come about?
Steve Blank: We’re constantly talking with EA about the future of Star Wars in gaming, what that looks like and wanting to tell stories in that space… Motive pitched us a story that would span that time, from Return of the Jedi through to the events of The Force Awakens. Their writers, Walt Williams and Mitch Dyer, are really big Star Wars fans. They had done their homework.
In the leadup to The Force Awakens, we had started to develop a series of new stories that were starting to fill in some of that gap in time. These guys had read all of that material: Claudia Grave’s Lost Stars, Chuck Lendig’s Aftermath, Greg Rucka’s Shattered Empire, all these different pieces.
So when they came with their pitch, they had already integrated all those ideas we had started to put out into the world. So when they shared all of this with us, we were immediately on board. It was a fascinating prospect to do this in a game space, to tell these stories more visually. You get great visuals in a comic, but with the novels you don’t get a great visual element. It felt like a space rich to explore in a game.
Another great thing they included was to do it from an Imperial point of view. It hadn’t really been done before, at least not at that fidelity. So they sold us from day one on that idea, and we put our nose to the grindstone — working on all the details of what that would become.
Sleek N-1 Starfighters and Vulture Droids scream overhead spewing light and fire. Nimble AT-RT Walkers race around corners, pursued by roaring AATs. Agile Clone Jet Troopers hop from rooftop to rooftop, while rampaging B2 Super Battle Droids level everything in their path. Armies of Clones and Droids sprint across cover, their blazing weapons shattering the tranquility of the once-peaceful capital of Naboo. And at the center of the swirling melee the lightsabers and Darth Maul and Rey cut swaths through the ranks of the battling troopers.
Prepare for the Assault on Theed! On June 10 at 12:30 PM PT, Darth Maul and other cross-era heroes enter the battlefield in a massive multiplayer livestream gameplay event you won’t want to miss. You might even become part of creating it.
At EA Play, you’ll be able to watch the first-ever live gameplay reveal of Star Wars ™ Battlefront ™ II, featuring livestream of 40-player gameplay set during the Assault on Theed – one of the new multiplayer battles from the prequel trilogy. Clone Troopers will mount a desperate defense against the invading forces of the Separatist Battle Droids. Can the Republic forces stop the relentless crawl of the massive Multi-Troop Transport as it lumbers toward the palace doors?
Going hands-on before the EA PLAY doors open will be a mix of your favorite Star Wars Battlefront II Game Changers, YouTube stars, Twitch streamers, and more. From JackFrags to Darkness429, we’re bringing some of the biggest names in gaming together to fight it out on the streets of Theed.
They’ll be forming two teams of 20, led by StoneMountain64 and Neebs Gaming, to play the game in front of the world for the first time. No pressure, right?
This one I WILL be buying, no matter what Jay says.
Free DLC will come in the form of “seasons” with each season being themes. Finn and Phasma plus 2 maps will be up first in the winter and Ray and Kylo Ren from EP8 will be a pre-order special DLC.
Cross era hero play, which I’m surprisingly fine with. Can have multiple heroes in play at once. Saw video of Han and Rey fighting together on Theed.
No more pick ups. You earn battle points as you play and can cash them in during a game for heroes as well as power ups.
Here’s a video from the guys at Star Wars HQ.
Damn, this is a purdy game.
It’s a purdy engine, no two ways about it.
New info from the dev stream.
- Droidekas may not be at launch, but Dennis wants them in the game.
- Same amount of prequel content as sequel content. (No FAVOURITES)
- Phase 1 Troopers are planet specific. Kamino = Phase 1
- Boba still has flamethrower its his melee
- Darth maul choke controllable.
- Darth maul side steps instead of blocking.
- REY AND OTHER HEROES CAN ONLY PARRY SHOTS BUT MORE EXPERIENCED LIGHTSABER WIELDERS CAN REFLECT (VADER)
- Not all troopers die in one slash with a lightsaber
- HEAVY units have 200hp, Darth Maul has 700 (shows how quick they die and how beneficial the regen is)
- Different squad everytime you spawn, to promote squadplay.
- Info on playing with friends is coming later on, they arent sure yet.
- ROGUE ONE CONTENT OUTSIDE OF ROGUE ONE: SCARIF (the dlc) CONFIRMED
- FOV SLIDER ON PC and Dennis unsure about console
- Skirmish info later on, but its a lot bigger than BF2015, but still not a mirror of multiplayer.
- Skirmish being treated as a bridge from single player to multiplayer
- Anti cheat is getting improved.
- Rolling is actually good now and not abusable like the current game. No dodging and shooting while rolling
- Hutt contract system coming back but its changed.
- You can roll backwards, sideways and forward.
- white hitmarkers for hits and red for kills
- Cooldown system, you can cool down manually whenever like reloading,
- if you completely overheat your gun, a bar appears, if you click in yellow it is instant cooldown, if you click in the green you get a quick period of no overheating, (SKILL)
- Officer battle command increases heavy HP from 200 to 250
- 3 star cards and 1 passive card, similar to a trait.
- Default heavy 4th card is defender, recieve battle points for taking damage.
- SCOPING INCREASES ACCURACY NOW!
- Crouching INCREASES ACCURACY NOW!
- Standing still INCREASES ACCURACY NOW!
- For the sake of the demo, the MTT always blows up the palace doors. It will be balanced at launch.
- Dennis agrees to add WATCH THOSE WRIST ROCKETS audio line.
- Dennis doesnt confirm wether or not all unique units (B2, Jumptrooper) have 2 abilities
- Different classes have different health regen times.
- Han Solo has a proximity bomb ability
- Emotes confirmed for everyone
- MANUAL ROLLING of starfighters
- Sometimes in galactic assault, more than 2 heroes per side (not all the time)
- BACTA BOMB NOT RETURNING, but something similar in its place.
- if you crash into another ship, you both die, no more bullshit.
- Galactic assault UNIQUE FOR EACH PLANET. Always attack/Defend, but unique objectives per planet. Expands on walker assault, Galactic assault on Hoth IS walker assault from the 1st game.
- Heroes have set abilities, the customisation comes in the form of upgrades
- You can still switch shoulders
There’s a lot to like in there. Especially these.
Same amount of prequel content as sequel content. (No FAVOURITES)
Phase 1 Troopers are planet specific. Kamino = Phase 1
ROGUE ONE CONTENT OUTSIDE OF ROGUE ONE: SCARIF (the dlc) CONFIRMED
Rolling is actually good now and not abusable like the current game. No dodging and shooting while rolling
SCOPING INCREASES ACCURACY NOW!
Crouching INCREASES ACCURACY NOW!
Standing still INCREASES ACCURACY NOW!
BACTA BOMB NOT RETURNING, but something similar in its place.
if you crash into another ship, you both die, no more bullshit.
You can still switch shoulders
But there’s also a few head scratchers
Droidekas may not be at launch, but Dennis wants them in the game.
Different squad everytime you spawn, to promote squadplay.
Info on playing with friends is coming later on, they arent sure yet.
I don’t understand how you may or may not have Droidekas at launch. They are the first fucking droid encountered in EP1.
I don’t even understand what the whole different squad thing means. You can play with a squad of friends and still promote squad play. Is it to maybe cut down on a squad of all the same types of classes? I’m going to be very disappointed if they have that same old “buddy system” horseshit from the last game.
I’m liking a lot of what’s been shown/revealed. I can’t wait to try the beta.
Lots of new info on Kashyyyk, Kamino, space battles (debut at Gamescom), Death Troopers, loot crates, etc…