Star Wars: Battlefront II

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f57cf985408>
Star Wars: Battlefront II
0.0 0

Poe Dameron’s Traveling Circus is back! Wooo!

That’s the lamest X-wing victory pose I have see in some time. Spend those crystals, dawg! Loot dem boxes, for the force!

I played a ton of this over the weekend. Man, this game is so much fun.

I really hope though that add some of the older game modes though. Also a map voting system. I have yet to play Endor or the Death Star.

I have so many games to play, but every time I turn my PS4 on now, I’m in Starfighter Assault. So fun, super addicting. They just need to add a few more maps for that mode.

I hope we also get some news on Season 2 DLC.

Got the TL-50 for the Heavy class unlocked. It’s the gun that Iden uses as a playable Hero. Unfortunately it’s just the base version and I need to get X amount of kills to upgrade it’s cool down, spread, and add the Ion grenade secondary fire. The thing is great right now from close to mid-range but rubbish from far away.

Instead of patch notes, I’ll post this:

Played a bunch of Starfighter Assault last night. Got the Falcon 3 times and within 2mins crashed it each and every time. Uggggghhhh.

The next few months are packed with massive additions to Star Wars Battlefront II.

• We’re working on a revamped progression system. Your feedback has been essential here, and we are preparing significant changes to progression that will address many of the things we’ve seen players asking for. We’ll be sharing more details about these changes in March.
  • A game mode called Jetpack Cargo is coming in February. Two teams of eight players equipped with jet packs compete in Jetpack Cargo, a frantic, fast-paced way to play. This mode will only be available for a limited time, so don’t miss it.
  • A new Season is coming soon. We’ve learned a lot from the first season of content for Star Wars Battlefront II, and we’re integrating those insights into our plans moving forward. We know you’re waiting for details on what’s coming in the next season, and we’ll have more to tell you soon.

EA had a meeting yesterday. It was a great reminder at how poorly managed the franchise is under EA.

They have no plans for a new Star Wars title until Respawn’s title drops in 2020. Yup. 2020. Also, no plans for a BF3 anytime soon annnnnnnd microtransactions are coming back soon.

What a god damn cluster fuck. I think they are sitting on a goldmine if they made digital versions the Fantasy Flight table top games. X-Wing Miniature, Legion, The Card Game would be a good place to start. Make the starter set free or like $20 then charge for expansions the same way FF does. I would jump on this in a heartbeat.

It’s been successful for Magic, The Watcher, and Hearthstone.

We all knew MTX was returning (they said so when they removed it), but in what form, we have yet to see that. I have a feeling it’ll be when they implement customization to classes, i.e. changing species, gender, hair styles, adding decals or paint or whatever and that’s what they’ll charge money for. I don’t think they’d be dumb enough, or that Disney would even allow them to, bring back the pay-to-win system. People have already datamined the customization screens. Rebels (all classes), Resistance (all classes), Clones (all classes) and Imperial/First Order officers all could be made unique. In addition to customizing each class, they could sell multiple costumes for Luke, Han, Leia, change Boba to Jango… whatever. Plus, emotes and poses. And starfighter paint and decals—lots of ways to squeeze money out of whales.

And they also said they’d be supporting BF2 for a long time. Whatever that means. But if nothing is planned until after 2020, we can assume they’ll be bringing DLC to BF2 until then to keep the game alive. If MTX returns, they need a platform that people keep returning to—to spend money on.