Star Wars: Battlefront II

featured
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f57d488ea40>
Star Wars: Battlefront II
0.0 0

Poe Dameron’s Traveling Circus is back! Wooo!

That’s the lamest X-wing victory pose I have see in some time. Spend those crystals, dawg! Loot dem boxes, for the force!

I played a ton of this over the weekend. Man, this game is so much fun.

I really hope though that add some of the older game modes though. Also a map voting system. I have yet to play Endor or the Death Star.

I have so many games to play, but every time I turn my PS4 on now, I’m in Starfighter Assault. So fun, super addicting. They just need to add a few more maps for that mode.

I hope we also get some news on Season 2 DLC.

Got the TL-50 for the Heavy class unlocked. It’s the gun that Iden uses as a playable Hero. Unfortunately it’s just the base version and I need to get X amount of kills to upgrade it’s cool down, spread, and add the Ion grenade secondary fire. The thing is great right now from close to mid-range but rubbish from far away.

Instead of patch notes, I’ll post this:

Played a bunch of Starfighter Assault last night. Got the Falcon 3 times and within 2mins crashed it each and every time. Uggggghhhh.

Soon.

The next few months are packed with massive additions to Star Wars Battlefront II.

• We’re working on a revamped progression system. Your feedback has been essential here, and we are preparing significant changes to progression that will address many of the things we’ve seen players asking for. We’ll be sharing more details about these changes in March.
  • A game mode called Jetpack Cargo is coming in February. Two teams of eight players equipped with jet packs compete in Jetpack Cargo, a frantic, fast-paced way to play. This mode will only be available for a limited time, so don’t miss it.
  • A new Season is coming soon. We’ve learned a lot from the first season of content for Star Wars Battlefront II, and we’re integrating those insights into our plans moving forward. We know you’re waiting for details on what’s coming in the next season, and we’ll have more to tell you soon.

EA had a meeting yesterday. It was a great reminder at how poorly managed the franchise is under EA.

They have no plans for a new Star Wars title until Respawn’s title drops in 2020. Yup. 2020. Also, no plans for a BF3 anytime soon annnnnnnd microtransactions are coming back soon.

What a god damn cluster fuck. I think they are sitting on a goldmine if they made digital versions the Fantasy Flight table top games. X-Wing Miniature, Legion, The Card Game would be a good place to start. Make the starter set free or like $20 then charge for expansions the same way FF does. I would jump on this in a heartbeat.

It’s been successful for Magic, The Watcher, and Hearthstone.

We all knew MTX was returning (they said so when they removed it), but in what form, we have yet to see that. I have a feeling it’ll be when they implement customization to classes, i.e. changing species, gender, hair styles, adding decals or paint or whatever and that’s what they’ll charge money for. I don’t think they’d be dumb enough, or that Disney would even allow them to, bring back the pay-to-win system. People have already datamined the customization screens. Rebels (all classes), Resistance (all classes), Clones (all classes) and Imperial/First Order officers all could be made unique. In addition to customizing each class, they could sell multiple costumes for Luke, Han, Leia, change Boba to Jango… whatever. Plus, emotes and poses. And starfighter paint and decals—lots of ways to squeeze money out of whales.

And they also said they’d be supporting BF2 for a long time. Whatever that means. But if nothing is planned until after 2020, we can assume they’ll be bringing DLC to BF2 until then to keep the game alive. If MTX returns, they need a platform that people keep returning to—to spend money on.

The BIG update is here!!! Progression is completely revamped, leading the way for COSMETICS-ONLY MTX next month.

Since release, we’ve been hard at work making changes based on your feedback to create a better game for all our players. Today, we’re happy to announce that the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II Progression update, which includes a complete re-design of the in-game progression system, will begin rolling out on March 21st. There are also some additional changes coming to the cosmetics in the game, but we’ll get to that in a bit…

With this update, progression is now linear. Star Cards, or any other item impacting gameplay, will only be earned through gameplay and will not be available for purchase. Instead, you’ll earn experience points for the classes, hero characters, and ships that you choose to play in multiplayer. If you earn enough experience points to gain a level for that unit, you’ll receive one Skill Point that can be used to unlock or upgrade the eligible Star Card you’d like to equip.

You’ll keep everything you’ve already earned and unlocked. You will keep all of the Star Cards, heroes, weapons, or anything else you have already earned. What you have earned will still be available to use with this update regardless of how much or little progress you have already made.

Crates no longer include Star Cards and cannot be purchased. Crates are earned by logging in daily, completing Milestones, and through timed challenges. Inside of these crates, you’ll find Credits or cosmetic items, such as emotes or victory poses, but nothing that impacts gameplay.

Starting in April, you’ll be able to get appearances directly through in-game Credits or Crystals. The first new appearances are coming soon, meaning you’ll be able to grab new looks for your heroes and troopers directly by using either Credits (earned in-game) or Crystals (available to purchase in-game and through first-party stores). If you’ve ever dreamed of being a part of the Resistance as a Rodian, your chance is right around the corner.

In case you hate reading:

Also, Bespin map from 2015:

FAQ:

Full Patch Notes here:

1st class skin is up as a challenge this week only. Get your Rodian Officer today! *While supplies last.

Is he taking a selfie?

One of the new Officer guns is just a selfie stick.

Actually, that would be a hilarious April Fool’s joke patch.

Will it be a Solo Season or a Clone Wars Season? My bet is Solo first with a CW season close behind. I don’t care which one is first as long as there are new Starfighter Assault maps. I need new maps… NOW.

Oh my. This is the LAST thing I ever expected in this game!

In the new mode, you start as an Ewok or in a group of stormtroopers. The ambush begins as the Ewok attacks the unsuspecting stormtroopers, using spears, Wisties, and whatever abilities they can muster to take down the intruders. Each stormtrooper defeated spawns as another Ewok. If the Empire’s forces have been completely eliminated, the Ewoks win and their celebration can begin.

So, it’s like a zombie mode? I can’t wait.

And then also:

Crystals Return – and Some Special Appearances

Our April update isn’t just about Ewok Hunt. As part of this month’s release, Crystals will return to Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II as one of the ways for fans to unlock Appearances, including Endor Leia and Endor Han. Real-world currency can only be used to purchase Crystals, which are only redeemable for Appearances (learn more about Crystals in our FAQ). Credits are earned through in-game activity and can be redeemed toward Appearances, as well. Over 50 additional Appearances to personalize your units will be made available in this update (learn more about Appearances and rarities, and get even more details on this update, in our Community Transmission).

We have loads more content in the pipeline, too. For the latest, keep your eyes on EA Star Wars™ on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram or join the discussion on the official forums.

And there are TONS more details here:

The Ewok mode sounds fun.

I can’t wait.