Shenmue III

Shenmue III
0.0 0

Shenmue III

Shenmue III is the third game in the Shenmue franchise.

Expected Release

TBA

Platforms

PC, PlayStation 4

Developers

Ys Net, Neilo

Genres

Role-Playing, Brawler, Action-Adventure

Find out more at Giant Bomb

FYI $2 million isn’t that much money when it comes to game development, especially when the first two cost something like $70 million combined. The Kickstarter is probably being used as an interest gauge, with Sony funding the rest of the costs.

I’m not personally invested in the series, but it was quite the bombshell to see being dropped. Especially for that dude in the audience they cut to. Reminded me of the Twilight Princess reveal from E3 2004.

Man, I was hoping that was a GIF.

Hmm, I couldn’t find that GIF for that fan, but does this count?

Great point @Threctory I hadn’t thought of it that way, but I would guess some smart people at Sony figured out that presenting it this way would make a much bigger splash, then simply saying we heard you wanted it so we are making it.

I found it:

Haha YES

I got this off of GAF:

Sony is officially helping with funding and development with Shenmue 3. It was just announced by Gio Corsi during their Live from E3 Stream on twitch. It was something to gauge interest and since it hit it’s goal they are officially partnering up to help fund and develop with YS Net.

@Threctory, you call them like you see them.

“I will say this: if we reach the $5 mil mark, one of the things I really want to do with Shenmue 3 will become a reality,” Suzuki wrote.

“At $10 million, it will truly have the features of an open world.”

The campaign has, to date, raised $3.5 million out of its $2 million goal. That may seem like a good amount of money, but it’s a small percentage of the original games’ budgets and would only allow Suzuki and his team to create a bare bones experience.

“I really can’t get into that, but there are other sources of funding that will be put together with the Kickstarter. … I can’t get into specifics, but for right now I just want to keep the comment that yes, I have funding sources outside Kickstarter that I collected through my company YS Net, and that will combine with the Kickstarter for this project.”

While we wait for the game…

August 27, 2019