Rocket League

Rocket League
0.0 0

Remember that time when we all used to play this on Tuesdays?

well, some of us still do. cough just me cough

Put down the Destiny and come and play you pussies.

I would like to, I really would. I just have a severe case of Destiny FOMO right now with Smurf and Threct leaving me in the dust. Hopefuly I can get over that soon and stop replaying the same content day after day.

I got over playing the same content day after day about a year ago. lol

Longtime Psyonix fans already know that Rocket League’s origins are firmly rooted in the modes and mods of Unreal Tournament and its beloved sequels, and we’ve never forgotten that; Which is why we’re celebrating our UT heritage by unleashing a new, 100% FREE, update this November that allows players to “Mutate” their matches with a multitude of cool Presets and Custom settings!

Want to play low-gravity “Moonball” with extra boost? It’s possible! Want to relive classic Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars game modes like “Cubic” and “Time Warp?” You can!
Whatever your preference, you’ll be able to find your favorite gameplay combinations in just a few short weeks from now when Mutators invade Rocket League! Once they arrive, you’ll be able to create new Custom Matches with the rules and settings made especially from your tastes, while our sweet “Mutator Mashup” playlist allows you to enjoy pre-determined weirdo matches in public games like you’ve never seen them before.

It’s the kind of stunt a beleaguered producer at Top Gear might, in a flash of inspiration, devise over a steak dinner: “I’ve got it! Football, but, wait for it, played with cars!” The joke works because cars are not designed to spin on a heel and change direction mid-sprint. They cannot, typically, leap, salmon-like, into a diving header. The angled bodywork of a sedan does not encourage predictable rebounds or strikes. On the football pitch, a vehicular head-on-collision will likely result in more than a mere crimson card. And yet, as Rocket League, the smash hit car-footie video game of the summer, of which more than 200 million matches have been played by six million players since July, demonstrates, from these physical limitations wonderful opportunity arises.

Indeed, for the game’s Californian creator Psyonix, the game has become a serious business. Since Rocket League’s launch July the studio has been courted with movie proposals, plans for television series, pitches from toy manufacturers and endless, endless merchandising opportunities. Its success has enabled the studio to fulfil its dream of transitioning from a work-for-hire outfit to, as founder Dave Hagewood puts it, “a truly independent self-funded developer.” It has, in other words, changed everything. Even so, Rocket League started as a joke, an Easter Egg that, in its dazzling brilliance, grew to take over the game in which it squatted.

The opportunity to launch the game as a free download to PlayStation Plus subscribers was, Hagewood says, a straightforward one, even though doing so limit the amount of revenue a game is able to make in those crucial early days. “If you are trying to establish a new brand I believe it is far more important to get mind-share than revenue,” he says. “This can be a tough call because making a new game carries so much risk. You are usually out of budget by the time you get to release.” The Rocket League team, who had no budget for marketing, believed they had a game that people would love if only they had a chance to play it. “That was exactly what had happened with the original version seven years ago,” he says. “So PlayStation Plus was an ideal route for us. It might not work for everyone though. If you aren’t sure you have a ‘sticky’ game you might need to be more cautious.”

Hagewood’s instincts proved correct. Word travelled quickly, first via online forums such as Reddit and NeoGAF, then via popular streamers on Twitch and YouTube. When Sony offered it gratis to players, the floodgates opened. The response was far greater than the team had planned for. Servers, which had been allocated based on historical data and estimates provided by Sony, proved insufficient. During the first week the number of simultaneous players peaked at 183,000. “We could have done a lot more had we been better prepared to handle the influx,” says Dunham. Indeed, the development team spent the majority of the launch week re-writing the game’s net-code to cope with demand.

V1.08 is live!

“Mutator Mashup” has been added to Unranked Playlist menu
Custom Mutator settings are available in Exhibition and Private Match
Titles can now be swapped or disabled in the Garage
Improved turn radius on Venom, Paladin, Merc, Scarab, and Backfire
Spectator input is now required when skipping replays in Private Match
Weather Effects can now be toggled on/off
Added 13 new Video Game Antennas including: Fallout, Oddworld, Driveclub(PS4), and Unreal Tournament
Added 7 new Community Flags
Complete list below…

Dave’s Bread
Game Awards - Statue
Reddit Snoo
Added "Community Flags"
Game Awards - Logo
PC Gamer
PS Nation
RL Garage
Something Awful
Added “Video Games”
(PS4) Driveclub
Fallout - Vault Boy
Oddworld - Abe
Oddworld - Glukkon
Oddworld - Necrum
Oddworld - Rupture Farms
Unreal Frag Center
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament (Classic)
Unreal Tournament - Blue
Unreal Tournament - Flak Shell
Unreal Tournament - Red
Unreal Tournament 2004

Mutators have officially arrived; featuring a suite of alternative presets and settings that add depth, variety, and crazy rocket-powered fun to custom games.
“Mutator Mashup” has been added to the Online playlist menu. This playlist allows users to face off in a 3v3 online playlist that cycles randomly through the following mutator presets:
Beach Ball - A huge, slow, lightweight ball with a lot of bounce
Cubic - Cube shaped ball and recharging boost
Moonball - Low gravity action with a whole lot of boost
Pinball - The ball is small, light, fast and bouncy… and a lot to handle
Time Warp - Slow down the action as you get close to the ball
"Mutator Settings" menu has been added to the Create Match screen in Exhibition and Private Match. This menu allows users to users to alter their Exhibition/Private Match with the following presets and options:
Beach Ball - A huge, slow, lightweight ball with a lot of bounce
Cubic - Cube shaped ball and recharging boost
Demolition - Demolish opponents on contact in a high gravity matchup
Moonball - Low gravity action with a whole lot of boost
Pinball - The ball is small, light, fast and bouncy… and a lot to handle
Time Warp - Slow down the action as you get close to the ball
Custom Options
Match Length - 5, 10, 20 Minutes, and Unlimited
Max Score - Unlimited, 1 Goal, 3 Goals, 5 Goals
Game Speed - Default, Slo-Mo, Time Warp
Ball Max Speed - Default, Slow, Fast, Super Fast
Ball Type - Default, Cube
Ball Weight - Default, Light, Heavy, Super Light
Ball Size- Default, Small, Large, Gigantic
Ball Bounciness- Default, Low, High, Super High
Boost Amount - Default, Unlimited, Recharge (Slow), Recharge (Fast), No Boost
Boost Strength - 1x, 1.5x, 2x, 10x
Gravity - Default, Low, High, Super High
Demolish - Default, Disabled, Friendly Fire, On Contact, On Contact (FF)
Respawn Time - 3 Seconds, 2 Seconds, 1 Second

The turn radius on Venom, Paladin, Merc, Scarab, and Backfire has been improved
"Mutator Mashup" now appears in the Unranked Playlists
"Mutator Settings" menu now appears in Exhibition and Private Match
User can now select from all available titles or disable them completely in the “Titles” tab to Garage menu
Users can now toggle Weather Effects on/off from the “Video” tab in the Options menu
Control menu now uses digits: 1, 2, 3, 4 instead of the words: one, two, three, four for keybindings
Spectators must now select “Skip Replay” in private matches in order to skip replays
(PC) Users can now see other steam users they recently played with by selecting View -> Players in Steam

(PS4) Fixed a rare issue which would not allow users to unlock Sweet Tooth
Fixed an issue in which vehicle remnants would remain on the field after destructions
Fixed an issue with boost pads not always being collectible immediately after kickoff reset
Disable crossplay option will now function properly
Ranked match winners will correctly get full RP for wins even if an opponent leaves the game
Leaving a 1v1 match will no longer apply the maximum RP penalty, only the normal amount for a loss
Leaving a 2v2 or 3v3 match will now only apply the maximum RP penalty to the first player who quits the match
(PC) Improved controller detection when plugging in after boot
(PC) Improved Steam Avatar handling in game
Fixed issues with disappearing player nameplates

Really, the day before Fallout, really? Ugh…

Anybody play this yet? I’m guessing you have @Jango, what do you think?

Played a ton of mutations last night.

They are bonkers.

Played one with low gravity, infinite boost(you pretty much can fly your car like a jet), and a cube for the ball.

My favorite was insta-demolition if you touched another car with friendly fire on.If you hit a car from the side or in the back you survive but any thing head on and you both die.

Oh GAWD, I can’t imagine playing this mode with you. I’m am always a selfless player that stays in his lane knowing his role and never makes any contact with the opposing team, let alone my own team, but you? Wowsers…

The first opening tip of this game type was classic. I should’ve saved it. I stayed back and watched as 7 other cars all rushed for the ball and 6 of those cars exploded.

We invited you a few times. We were hoping you’d join and if you did we were going to play a “normal” match with insta demo and FF on and just crash into you for the match trying to induce a rage quit. LOL

Yeah, about that…

I need to get back into this. It’s too much fun and wit the updates…YAS QUEEN.

Slated for release this December, our fantastic new “Chaos Run” DLC will include all sorts of badass goodies inspired by the end of all civilized things, including…

• 2 New Battle-Cars, Ripper and Grog
  • 12 New Decals (six for each new Battle-Car)
  • 2 New Paint Types (Camo and Sun-Damaged)
  • 2 New Wheels (Ripper and Grog)
  • 2 New Rocket Trails (Sandstorm, Nuts and Bolts)
  • 3 New Toppers (Boombox, Cow Skull, Mohawk)
  • 3 New Antennas (Bomb Pole, Radioactive, Retro Ball – Wasteland)
  • 5 New Trophies

As always, our paid DLC will also ship with a free new arena called Wasteland! Based on a field of the same name from the original Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, Wasteland is the first “non-regulation” pitch to come to Rocket League.

How is Wasteland different? It’s physically-wider than all other stadiums and has a completely-dissimilar Boost placement. The biggest difference, though, is that the ground itself is sloped around the entire perimeter of the arena, making for matches that feel much different than typical Rocket League contests. It’s the first of many “unusual” arena designs that we plan to introduce in the future, and they’re only going to get more interesting from here.

So TWO big updates in December? They are really make it hard to ignore this game, which is great!

Make that 3 updates!

What kind of Aperture-themed goodies, you ask? These ones!

• Cake (Topper)
  • Conversion Gel (Rocket Trail)
  • Propulsion Gel (Rocket Trail)
  • Repulsion Gel (Rocket Trail)
  • Aperture Laboratories (Antenna)
  • Cake Sticker (Antenna)
  • Companion Cube (Antenna)
  • Personality Core (Antenna)
  • PotatOS (Antenna)

I can’t believe nobody has posted this yet.

Rocket League is coming to Xbox One in February. But… there’s a catch…

No XBO vs PC or XBO vs PS4 matches. Just XBO vs XBO. That is kinda unfortunate. I think it would have been REALLY cool to have one title where Live and PS+ meet and compete.

Ariel Goals, Bicycle Goals, and awesome goals? Thats right

Oh and did I mention fails?