Rocket League

Rocket League
0.0 0

How could this unbelieveable game get any better!!!

Mahonay and I and one of his buddies went on a 10+ game winning streak last night. We had a few games in there where we were just crushing folks. Won a game 8-0.

Then we joined up with Oni and kept it rolling. So much fun. Oh, Oni got some guy so pissed off that the guy wished cancer on him. So yeah, last night was a great success.

Wonderful. I saw you guys on last night, but I had to stop the Riddler. Which nearly resulted in me throwing my controller through my TV screen.

Also, I see an avatar finally chose you. Congrats.

@Dillon_J_Mahonay where are these friends for yours? Get them in here, we have some Rocket League to discuss!

Site has been up and down all day so I’ll just post it, but it’s a doozy.

New Features

• “Quick Chat” commands can now be used cross-platform between PC and PS4

• Topper: “Cherry Top” now includes a working, rotating light
  • Topper: “Propellerhead” now includes a working, rotating blade

Online Play

• AI Bot skill levels now adjust to the average skill level of all players currently in the game
  • The first player to abandon a “Ranked” match is now banned from matchmaking for 15 minutes

• (Steam) Added “Mouse Sensitivity” setting to the “Options” menu
  • (Steam) Added support for more resolutions

Changes and Updates

• “Freeplay” now grants truly unlimited “Rocket Boost”

• Stats: Player’s “Win/ Loss Ratio” is now displayed as a “Win %”

Bug Fixes

• (PS4) Sweet Tooth now properly unlocks when completing a game with all 10 of the other Battle-Cars
  • (PS4) Multiple visual optimizations
  • Reduced, but did not eliminate, instances of the “Invisible Car” bug
  • Fixed multiple crash scenarios

Garage Items – Antennas

• Country Flags: Congo is now appropriately-named
  • Country Flags: Mexico is no longer reversed
  • Country Flags: Northern Ireland is now correct
  • Country Flags: United States now shows all 50 stars

Trophies and Achievements

• (Steam) “Virtuoso” Achievement is now obtainable and includes appropriate description
  • (PS4) “Far, Far Away” Trophy can now be unlocked via online play

• Stat tracking for online games is now properly reflected for their correlating Garage items
  • Blog and Scrolling Ticker now work as intended and will not errantly show “Offline” messages
  • “PsyNet” icons for cross-platform players will now display properly
  • Main Menu Player Avatars will no longer disappear between matches
  • Player names are now displayed correctly during “Replays”

• French, German, Italian, and Spanish-language correction and improvements

On a different note, I’ve updated that site I was playing with for Rocket League Replays and actually got a proper domain this time:

I even grew such a large ego I created a separate support category for it, so if you have any input, I would love to hear it.

If you want to play RL tomorrow, let me know here:

On another note, has anybody ever noticed any issues with their DS4 intermittently not responding after plugging in their mic? As soon as I plug in my mic to play RL in a party, everything goes down the crapper and my car just starts spinning in circles every now and then, or will simply just come to a complete stop. I know it’s not lag because I can actually hear the engine cut out and it will just slowly come to a stop like it would when you lift your finger off the right trigger. It also lags in the system menu.

I know Dan Ryckert on Giant Bomb reported similar things happening lately to him, but not sure if he ever tied it to his mic. I guess it’s time to try a new mic?

Oh yeah, good games last night @CrazyThang01, we faced some stiff competition.

I moved a post to an existing topic: Rocket League: Tuesday 8/4 10PM EST

I finally got Sweet Tooth this weekend. And had some really good Doubles games. I even saved one of them and will be playing with it in SharePlay to make a very amateurish video to post soon. Love. This. Game.

Well, you know where you can post that video, now don’t you…? :wink:

Vote to Forfeit button! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I can’t stand getting stuck in a laggy match just to have to finish it out so I don’t get banned for 15 minutes.

So last week I had an absolute ridiculous match as goalie. It was tied 0-0 right into overtime. I think Scottford was the goalie on the other team. I don’t think I’ll ever have a performance quite that insane again. I put together a pretty bitchin montage to commemorate this game for the history books.

Man, I really got to learn to tend goal. I completely get the whole play your part bit, but doesn’t it get boring sitting in goal like that for the majority of the game? I usually try to play midfield when I see my teammates are playing up, but I hardly ever play in goal. Am I what’s wrong with random team games?

Nice, @Dillon_J_Mahonay! Love the goal from your goal. I can’t wait for the DLC to drop for this.

Nothing I can say.

How did this go unreported?!?

And this soon?

That DLC video was posted on July 30th. But yeah… Somehow the patch slipped my radar.