Rocket League

Rocket League
0.0 0

Rocket League

The sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, Rocket League is the second vehicular sports-action game developed by Psyonix.

First Released

July 7, 2015

Mac, PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Linux, Nintendo Switch

Psyonix Studios

Driving/Racing, Vehicular Combat, Soccer

Find out more at Giant Bomb

I watched a good chunk of this on Twitch (thank you Roku channel), and had a blast watching. It looks like it would be a lot of fun to play if you can find a teammate that you won’t want to kill afterwards, which can be a difficult task for me.

You can sign up for the PS4 beta here, but it only goes until the 19th.

PS+: Instant Game Collection
We Happy Few

I’m not exactly sure what I was expecting, but it wasn’t that.

Looks kinda fun.

The team here at Psyonix has been overwhelmed by the positive worldwide reaction to our upcoming action-sports game Rocket League. Which is why we want to give you all not one, but FOUR major pieces of information in a single announcement!

The first two are right there in the headline: Rocket League will be available for purchase on PlayStation Store July 7th, while Twisted Metal’s famous ice cream truck, Sweet Tooth, joins our roster of playable cars as a special unlockable vehicle exclusively on PS4! Watch our brand new trailer below for proof!

What the headline doesn’t tell you is that Rocket League will also be one of the few games in history that supports PS4/ PC cross-play — meaning that owners of both the console version and the PC version will be able to team up or go head-to-head in the same matches when the game launches early next month!

And finally, we’re very proud to announce that Rocket League will be making an appearance at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) and will be playable in near-finished form. Season Mode, splitscreen multiplayer, car customization, and Sweet Tooth himself will all be available to check out and enjoy all three days of the show. We can’t wait to see you drop by to enjoy it!

All of you boners need to get on this. It’s so simple, so mindless, and soooooooo much fun.

Ugh, we need more boners like you to remind us how good it is. Have you done much match making in it? Just curious how random teammates have been.

Matchmaking is not a problem at all. You really don’t need to talk to anyone, IE: randoms, because the game requires more luck than skill. I’ll jump in and play with randoms and it’s almost no different than playing against the AI.

Ok, so this boner jumped into this game last night and I have to agree with Jango. It is SUPER fun and mindless and simple and fun. Also, it’s really fun.

It has to be one of the best free PS+ games released so far. I’d even put it up against Resogun. Matchmaking was great too. I lost the first 3 or 4 games, but I was still having a blast. And you can be put against people playing on PCs. I’d recommend doing the tutorials first though.

If only the game was fun. I’ll have to think about it.

Pro Tip: Many of the really “hard” trophies can be acquired by playing an Exhibition match with no bots. I accidentally started one last night to get the exhibition match trophy and wound up getting like 6 others as well. Kinda cheap, but… hey… free trophies.

This one was NOT acquired the cheap way. It was pure awesome!

Heh. The default setting said “no bots,” so I was thinking, “would that add in online players then?” Nope. Just me. It was good practice though.

Had a ton of fun playing this last night. Felt good to yell at the internet again.

This guy makes me feel very inadequate:
<admin removed twitch stream until his lazy ass can figure out how not to auto play>

Umm…guys. How come nobody ever told me how much fun Rocket League is?

Oh, wait, let me read this thread again…

Yeah, that’s on me. How come I wasn’t playing this earlier!?!?

FYI, this is a pretty awesome post:

###Why we decided not to take your money…
Postby Psyonix-Dave on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:53 pm

I don’t think we say enough how great this fanbase is. I’ve lost count of how many “please take my money” posts I’ve read. You guys are simply amazing.

PS+ Instant Game Collection has been an interesting story for us. When the great people at Sony proposed it to us a while back we thought it was a great idea. At the time we didn’t know if the game was going to be successful enough for all the work we put into it and this would be a way to expose it to a larger audience. We always knew that Rocket League would be big if we could get enough people to try it.

Then…the Beta happened. With all the new hype surrounding the game it didn’t seem to make sense to go forward with PS+ IGC. At this point we were pretty set to go forward with a regular release. Then Sony stepped up and told us how much they really wanted the game on IGC. They made us a solid offer and promised to really help promote the title. Coupled with the larger player base and general goodwill it spreads we decided to go for it.

With that said, our hope is still that Rocket league will earn enough to keep us busy making, well, more Rocket League. As soon as we decided to go IGC we stepped up our plans for DLC packs (and we have some very cool stuff going on there). If you are looking to support us even sooner there is also the Steam version, PS4 Theme, soundtrack, and merchandise (coming soon).

Once again, I can’t thank you enough for this support. I can’t wait for launch and I can’t wait to play everyone here online!

All I have to say is…Thank you Sony, Thank you Sony, Thank you Sony! Without this being free on PS+, it wouldn’t be anywhere near as easy as it is to find a game with friends.

Thank you, Sony. Having said that, I will be buying the theme to support them. And then the DLC.

@Jango you nailed, I haven’t yelled at my TV like that in a long while.

I moved 24 posts to a new topic: Rocket League 4v4: SG vs Ptalk 7/27 10PM EST

Nothing gets better than these goals baby!

I think after the first bicycle kick I pull off I just may retire. Doesn’t get much better than that.