Rise of the Tomb Raider

Rise of the Tomb Raider
0.0 0

Rise of the Tomb Raider

A follow up to 2013's Tomb Raider reboot. After the events of the previous game, Lara spends one year searching to explain what she saw. Her quest to explain immortality leads her to Siberia, home of a mythical city known as Kitezh.

First Released

November 10, 2015

Xbox 360, Xbox 360 Games Store, PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4

Crystal Dynamics, Inc., Square Visual Works, Nixxes Software BV

Shooter, Action-Adventure

Find out more at Giant Bomb

I really enjoyed the last game. I look forward to giving this one a go.

I picked up the PS4 version of the previous game and started it. Really enjoyed what I played. I need to finish it like every single one of the other games I own.

That was one of the few games I did finish. It’s a bit of a slog in the last third, but well worth it. Great reboot.

I was wrong. The PS4 will eventually see this game.

Rise of the Tomb Raider will launch for PC (Windows 10) via Steam in early 2016 and for PlayStation 4 in holiday 2016, Square Enix announced.

The game will premiere first for Xbox One and Xbox 360 on November 10, this year. The PlayStation 4 version will arrive one year after its initial launch.

I’m happy to see it coming to the PS4. I’m betting I will have played it before then though. I honestly didn’t think the exclusive window would be that long.

Wow, surprised that announcement came out before the Xbox One release. You would think at the very least Microsoft paid enough to keep Square Enix’s mouth shut until they could release the game.

SE is probably just mad that MS pushed Fallout 4 so heavily at E3 and both games release on the same day.

A decent read regarding the decision to go launch exclusive on Xbox One.

“Having been working with us on previous games in a lesser sense, they’ve been supportive. [However], for Rise of the Tomb Raider, they’ve just brought this passion and belief that has really enabled us to blow people away. People should feel that about Microsoft. Their commitment to Tomb Raider is just amazing for us,” Rogers said.

The level of exposure and spotlight that Microsoft has given Rise of the Tomb Raider certainly has made the game one of the must-haves for this coming holiday season, even despite that other little game releasing on the same day, Fallout 4.

So my only question at this point. Who is going to be playing Tomb Raider over Fallout 4 on release?..

Ugh, forgot most of you have more sense than me and don’t also own a One, so I guess that’s an easy decision for you, heh?

Even if I had a One, I’d be ferociously clearing my backlog in preparation for Battlefront taking over my life, which will include the Uncharted HD Collection.

Also, that article is way too long. I was expecting to click on it and just read, “Money!”

Oh man, Battlefront is the week after, isn’t it? That’s rough.

$60 for a year old game? No thanks.

Kaz is killing it today.

So will there be actual tomb raiding in this one?

If you haven’t read That Sales Thread yet, I highly recommend it for some entertaining Rise of the Tomb Raider sales figures.

But, and this was confirmed on NeoGAF yesterday, did you know just HOW stupid Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics actually were?

This stupid:

Yup, looks like in the initial agreement they couldn’t even talk about the other versions of the game before the Xbox release.

SE wanted to talk PS4/PC versions, after the lackluster reception/pre orders of ROTR, to try and at least build some anticipation for the other versions, hence renegotiation, and delaying the PS4 version was the cost. My guy said SE didn’t mind this as the delay meant it avoided UC4’s release.

They could have released Rise of the Tomb Raider this spring/summer on the PS4, but opted to release it next holiday season… a year later… because reasons. I can’t even. It’s going to go up against heavy hitters again. Just like this year. But it’ll be a year old game at that point. This is mind bottling.

I hate when my mind gets bottled.

Studios need to get their head out of their asses and stop releasing everything during the holiday seasons. Q2 and Q3 are some of the driest time periods for games and almost no one takes advantage of that.

VR support you say? I can’t tell from the article, but I’m guessing that means you can play the entire campaign in VR, not just some side “experience” like FFXV is doing?