Rime

Rime
0.0 0

RiME

An puzzle-adventure game title set on a mysterious island from Tequila Works.

First Released

May 26, 2017

Platforms

PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch

Developers

Tequila Works, Tantalus Media, QLOC

Genres

Adventure

Find out more at Giant Bomb

Continuing my ongoing series Games I Want, But News Has Dried Up, we explore Rime.

http://www.gamesradar.com/rime-ps4s-most-intriguing-journey-steps-out-shadows/

Take, for example, the passage of night into day. Rime’s world has a day/night cycle, but light is a vital tool here. Certain events off the beaten track will only happen at a certain time, and it’s a puzzle-solving tool, too. It’s why the trickiest puzzle of Rime’s first playable demo has you running along a circular track, the sun setting, the sky turning orange, then purple, and finally to the blackness of night as a doorway appears on a bridge above you. Turn around and run the other way and it disappears again, the midday sun soon looming high in the sky again.

http://3ebd2a0c0ea48a333aea-1f531def8e8befb67be56667ce3edd11.r77.cf1.rackcdn.com/f70ec732a1202e1fec101dce169992244a9a4f08.jpg__1280x720_q85_crop_subject_location-646,603_upscale.jpg

I’ve been excited about this one since I first saw news of it.

Where are you?!

Anyone else forget about this game?

It’s a crime that Rime will not come out in a short time.

That should be a crime.

I haven’t forgot about it. Still looking forward to it. Hope it does fall off the planet.

SIGH

All this info comes from a source very close to the studio.

**First of all, I was told that the reveal trailer was all cinematic. It **
was faked to mimic gameplay, assets, etc. from a real game but 0% of the game was implemented.

So the real challenge for the studio was to put that vision into the
final game. And apparently this has been impossible to achieve.

This words are a direct quote from my source about this news and the studio itself (it contains his personal opinion):

"Sony required about one month ago the DEV KITs to be returned and
canceled the fundings into Tequila Works, due of the game had no-sense.

Basically there wasn’t a game.

This is a consecuence of the bad studio direction, basically Raul Rubio
thinks that he is the next Tim Schafer. The truth is that Raul was fired
from MercurySteam. The people from MercurySteam speak really bad about him (the main critics are: he has no idea about games, technology and he has crazy ideas without sense). If you add that his wife is the chairman of Tequila Works and looking for info about her you can find this:

http://www.notariado.org/liferay/web...N=AC&FLAG=MAIL

You could see that she is public notary in Spain. She hasn’t any
background making games. The results are, that Rime has no publisher and it is not cancelled due of they got public spanish founds to develop games:

http://www.minetur.gob.es/PortalAyud...lConcesion.pdf

If you take a look into their website and you compare the hellworkers
list with the original team from Deadlight , only a couple guys remains
from the original team. If all the team has left the studio, you must
think that something wrong there is into the top of the company."

I’m a bit sad to be honest since i was there in the first days of the studio (not working).

Indie Pile: The Thread

Looks like a bunch of gibberish to me.

I’ve lost all interest in this game at this point, but in case any of you have hope this isn’t a steaming pile of garbage…

May 2017
It certainly is pretty, but knowing Sony pulled their support last year, I’m definitely waiting for reviews before buying this one.

Grey Box, Six Foot and independent developer Tequila Works have announced that RiME, the highly-anticipated puzzle adventure game, has a confirmed release date of May 26 for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and Windows PC. It will arrive at both retail and digital store shelves with a suggested retail price of $29.99 / €34.99 / £29.99.

​Shortly afterward, RiME will launch on Nintendo Switch™, allowing players to take the adventure with them anywhere on the go utilizing the system’s portability, as a physical and digital release with a suggested retail price of $39.99 / €44.99 / £39.99.

$10 more on the Switch?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!? What?!?!