PS4 News!

PS4 News!
0.0 0

Has anyone here used PS Now much/at all? I tried it once during the beta. It stream Space Ace pretty well at the time, but Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath was kind of choppy. Could have been my internet at the time, which has improved since then. My problem is with all these digital sales on good games I’ve got way too big a backlog to even think about paying a sub fee to stream games. I’ve thought about it for some PS3 games, but most of those I’m interested in even have remastered collections now.

Huh.

Here’s a public service announcement that I found on NeoGAF:

There is a 20% off coupon in the latest Sony newsletter. It sits directly below this image and expires on the 31st.

I got mine on the 24th and completely missed the code until I saw the post on GAF. Hope you guys can get some use out of it.

I’ve tried really, REALLY hard to like Firepro games, but I just can’t enjoy them or get good enough to win a match. Ever. But, in case someone else enjoys sprite based pro wrestling shenanigans, here’s the details:

The biggest change in this version of the game will be to allow players to fight online. This includes single match and tag match, as the creator states that it has taken them 1twelve years to get this far.

PLAY ONLINE: Organize exhibition matches, tournaments, leagues, championship bouts and battle royals withplayers from around the world.

MIX UP THE RULES: Modes include Deathmatch (steel cage, barbed wire or landmines), MMA–style and no–holdsbarred Gruesome Fighting.

UNLIMITED CUSTOMIZATION: Create your dream wrestler from over a thousand devastating moves and even more body parts tobattle for custom championship belts. Personalize the ring, mat logos and even the referee, thenshare your creations with the world.

REALISTIC SIMULATION: Give your creations personalities with a robust CPU logic system that defines their every action.Does your wrestler play to the crowd, or play dirty? You provide actors for the ringside drama.

Danger Zone is the next project from the co-founders of the studio that created the Burnout franchise, and it’s a game based on the beloved Crash Mode in that series, developer Three Fields Entertainment announced today.

Yes. Yes, I like the sounds of that.

Danger Zone is set for release in May on PlayStation 4 and Windows PC for $12.99 in North America, £9.99 in the U.K. and €12.99 in Europe.

And that’s a good price.

Now if they could just get the rest of Burnout on the PS4, that’d be awfully swell.

So, what do ya’ll think about Sony deciding not to play ball with the neighborhood children when it comes to Minecraft and Rocket League?

Do you buy this excuse?

"We’ve got to be mindful of our responsibility to our install base”, he says. “Minecraft - the demographic playing that, you know as well as I do, it’s all ages but it’s also very young. We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe. Exposing what in many cases are children to external influences we have no ability to manage or look after, it’s something we have to think about very carefully.”

So they’re implying that PSN is a clean, family friendly online space compared to the other services?

Apparently they think that they are even cleaner than Nintendo:

When Eurogamer pointed out that, you know, even Nintendo is OK with this, Ryan says “Yeah, that’s true. Everybody has to take their own decisions. We’ll do that. Like I say, we have no philosophical stance against cross-play at all.”

Yeah. I can’t defend Sony here. This is just plain stupid. Even if you have the argument that people will buy a PS4 because all of their friends are there to play with being a non-issue since games are now cross-compatible, you’d STILL buy a PS4 for the exclusives. And not all games are cross-compatible… just things like Rocket League and Minecraft. Destiny will never be cross-compatible because of the PS-exclusive guns and maps. But DC Universe Online should be.

The PR backlash is not worth losing a dozen or so sales.

Wasn’t Sony the one talking about “playing ball” with Microsoft for Rocket League cross-play?

I can’t speak for Rocket League, but NeoGAF has a possible reason for Sony not wanting to go into Minecraft. It has to do with how players from multiple consoles/devices interact with one another. You need a third party to make PSN and XBL and Nintendo’s thing and iOS and whatever to work with one another. And for chat, etc…

The terms 1st and 3rd party are about perspective. In the case of Minecraft, Microsoft’s servers ARE 3rd party from the perspective of Sony or Nintendo.

Microsoft’s 3rd party solution is Xbox Live accounts and Azure servers.

From my understanding for Nintendo players to join (Minecraft) realms, they’ll have to create a free XBL profile and link their Nintendo profile to it. This will enable them to invite people to their realms who are on different platforms.

I need to go find a link to verify this.
Edit: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games...ealms-overview

Yes, this is how it already works for people on iOS or Android, so no reason to think it would work differently when Nintendo gets onboard.

Bascially, PS4 users would need to create XBL accounts to get into Minecraft. I don’t think Sony would EVER go for that. Rocket League is another story. I have no idea why they wouldn’t go with what that dev already has set up.

CONFIRMED:

EDIT: Still does not explain Rocket League:

I’m excited to announce that as of today, the PlayStation Now library includes PS4 games! This lineup is just the start, as we’ll add more PS4 games in the coming months alongside our regular monthly content drops.

Here is the full list of all of the new PS4 games available as of today on PlayStation Now. We’ve got a variety of genres, from FPS, action adventure, RTS, fighting, racing, and more.

Killzone Shadow Fall
God of War 3 Remastered
Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
WWE 2K16
Tropico 5
F1 2015
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
Evolve
MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
Resogun
Helldivers
Broken Age
Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
Grim Fandango Remastered
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
Castlestorm Definitive Edition
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
Arcania Complete Tale
Nidhogg
Super Mega Baseball

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/06/ps4-games-added-to-ps-now-library-hits-500/

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/playstation-4-firmware-50-beta-registration/beta-registration/

It may have something to do with PSNow.

Previously Unreleased Stormy Ascent Level Out Today for Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy
Play Stormy Ascent – a level originally removed from Crash Bandicoot because it was too hard – in the N. Sane Trilogy… today! Free through August 19.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/20/previously-unreleased-stormy-ascent-level-out-today-for-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy/

This starts today. I may give it a whirl.

Started earlier for some of us…teehee.

As much as I’m conflicted about re-leases/re-masters, its allowing me to play games I’ve always wanted to on a system I already own.

SO, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK YES:

I usually only post announcements for games I’m super interested in. So,…