PS4 News!

PS4 News!
0.0 0

Ok. That makes more sense. Yeah… that page should have store links.

inFAMOUS Second Son just got the Pro update.

HDR OFF:

HDR ON:

OFF:

ON:

I forget how pretty this game is.

OFF:

ON:

Can barely tell any difference with those since they’re not in-game screencaps.

Anybody play this back in the day? I remember hearing good things, but can’t say I remember playing it.

lol $20

Except it’s not a remaster at all. The only thing they added is trophy support.

How’s this? No before and after pix, but still very impressive.

HDR
First up is HDR. When we re-worked our engine to create inFamous: Second Son for the PS4, we had a strict focus on realistic lighting and exposure. We wanted the art direction and tech to reflect realism in a way that immersed players in the damp, rainy streets of Seattle. We did a lot of work to ensure our sky, sun and light sources felt like the real thing.

So why is HDR such a big deal now? This patch, along with an HDR capable TV, pushes those crazy bright values even further. Yes, that means looking at the sun or sky in our game feels extremely bright, providing a level of contrast I’ve never seen in our game before. The vibrancy of the sky and lighting creates some really striking and beautiful moments. Furthermore, this particular feature will work on the standard PS4 as long as you have an HDR capable TV.

Details
The second reason is in the smaller details. In both games, the Seattle city streets are filled with incredible art from our hard working art team. Signs, coffee cups, puddles, fall leaves – this world is filled with little touches waiting to be noticed. With PS4 Pro’s increased resolution, those touches are even more crisp. You can see detail on bricks and signs that previously went unnoticed.

When we created the Seattle landscape, we had a goal to make everything wet. That means reflections of those details on every surface. It also meant a fair amount of specular aliasing. The increased resolution improves this and many other alias issues. And if you don’t have a 4K TV, you’ll still see a smoother image as the PS4 Pro will scale down to match your 1080p TV.

The Powers
The third, and best, reason to revisit the inFamous games on PS4 Pro is simple: the powers look amazing. Delsin’s smoke powers and Fetch’s neon powers are particularly impressive. Watching the original effects now in 4K and HDR, I notice details I didn’t even know existed. For example, when Fetch does a ground pound, waves of brilliantly flickering particles erupt in all directions. We even improved photo-mode to let you pause on powers. My favourite is winding up Fetch’s ultimate neon bomb and then quickly activating photo-mode to pause and observe the thousands of emissive particles bits forming around her.

Pretty good, kind of what I was expecting.

Now, is this one of the few games that will be able to naturally run at 4K, or is it just being upscaled like practically everything else?

Battlefield 1
Battlezone
Bound
Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Dishonored 2
Driveclub VR
EA Sports FIFA 17
Firewatch
Helldivers
Hitman
Hustle Kings
inFAMOUS First Light
inFAMOUS Second Son
Knack
Mafia III
Mantis Burn Racing
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
NBA 2K17
Neon Chrome
Paragon
PlayStation VR Worlds
Ratchet & Clank
Rez Infinite
Ride 2
RIGS Mechanized Combat League
Rise Of The Tomb Raider
Robinson: The Journey
Smite
Super Stardust Ultra
The Elders Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
The Elders Scrolls: Skyrim Special Edition
The Last Of Us Remastered
The Last Of Us: Left Behind
The Playroom VR
Thumper
Titanfall 2
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Viking Squad
Wheels of Aurelia
World Of Tanks
XCOM 2

In addition to the titles listed above, more than 45 games will be optimised for PS4 Pro by the end of the year, including Watch Dogs 2, Killing Floor 2, The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV, with the likes of Nioh, Resident Evil 7 Biohazard and For Honor to follow in early 2017.

Further to that, all first party software launched in 2017 and beyond, including Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone and Gran Turismo Sport, will enjoy the benefits of the world’s most powerful console.

Out of that list, the only game I know for a fact will run in native 4K is The Last of Us.

Maybe Rise of the Tomb Raider as well, but I can’t remember the details on that one.

Yeah. I can’t comment on any of that. I don’t own a 4K TV and have no plans to buy one for awhile, so I haven’t paid any attention to that stuff.

It’s just me being somewhat pedantic about their marketing lingo.

“With resolutions up to 4K.”

Well at least that advertising is true…

I’m pretty sure the above statement needs an asterisk in there somewhere…

That advertising is true.

I think you’re trying too hard to discect their tweet in an attempt to throw shade at Microsoft.

The XB1S plays 4K blu-ray movies and can stream 4K media through Netflix and other services. No where in that tweet does it mention games.

The Sony blurb specifically mentions that the PS4 Pro is “our most powerful games console ever” followed by “with resolution up to 4K”.

Both statements are true but I would argue that Sony’s is a little more “misleading” in terms of marketing lingo. Could be because I’m versed well enough in specs and marketing lingo to know Xbox isn’t talking about 4K gaming in their tweet, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the general Twitter public couldn’t tell their ass from their face.

Oh, I’m not disputed the 4K stuff in that tweet. I’m disagreeing with the “best-selling console in America” part. Winning 3 months out of 9 does not make your console the best-selling… unless you are only talking July-Sept of 2016. I’m just super annoyed at seeing that paid ad in my Twitter feed every day…

Hahahaha, I didn’t even give that part any thought. Now it all makes sense.

Killing Floor 2 Beta.