Grow Home! Grow Home! Everyone vote Grow Home!
Crap, I remember being excited about Zombie Vikings as well since I liked Stick it to the Man so much.
Anybody heard anything on Armello?
- [Events] has been added to the main menu. From a PlayStation-related events list, you can now discover, participate, and view events.
- [Community] has been added to the [Friends] menu. [Community] is a feature that lets you find close players with similar preferences and interests. You can create a new community or join a previously established community. Through the community, you can get into games and parties, and discuss common interests.
- In [Now Playing], users will see a list of what users are playing, and from that list can easily start a game or form a party. You can also request to view a user’s gameplay. [Now Playing] has been added to What’s New, [Friends], [Community], and [Messages].
- [Messages] have been improved. You can view the [Now Playing] of other users, as well as easily start a party. Additionally, you can also add favorite groups to your favorites list.
- It is now possible to broadcast using YouTube.
- It is now possible to upload video clips to Twitter. (10 seconds maximum.)
- [Live from PlayStation] has been improved. Not only does it support broadcasts, it now supports video clips and screenshots.
- In [Settings] > [Accessibility] > [Automatic Scroll Speed] it is now possible to change the speed of automatic scrolling.
- In [Settings] > [Notifications], “Community Items,” “Gameplay Viewing Requests,” “Events,” and “Current Song” have been added.
- You can now comment on What’s New activity feed items.
- [Stamps] have been added to [Messages], allowing for more enjoyable communication with friends.
- [PlayStation Plus] has been added to the main menu. Here, you can get the latest information on the Instant Game Collection and member discounts.
- The Blu-ray Disc/DVD player now supports accessibility features. The scope of other accessibility features have been improved.
- You can now set game start-up restrictions while viewing its age information and rating icon.
- You can now create a child’s use sub-account from the user selection screen by selecting [New User].
- From [Settings] > [Parental Controls], you can now set a service to block harmful websites from being displayed. (There is a separate fee to use this service.)
So YouTube broadcasting, huh. Something you think you might take advantage of @Dillon_J_Mahonay?
In case anyone is curious, this is what Sony sends you for your birthday: an art project. But hey, it looks pretty nifty next to my desk and is better than 25¢ of MS points. Microsoft, the Grandma of game consoles.
That looks suspiciously like a Minecraft Sackboy, which is ironic considering who owns Minecraft now. Hmmm…
Sony announced few new features that will come with 3.0 firmware. They say this is not final list.
- Events: A new hub for events has been added, giving an overview of activities taking place in the games you play most, as well as official broadcasts. For instance, you may see an update for a double XP weekend, a special enemy appearing at a scheduled time, or seasonal events like in-game towns being decorated for the winter.
- YouTube live: PS4 owners will be able to live stream gameplay to YouTube. Live streams will be viewable across YouTube, including on the new YouTube Gaming mobile app and website.
- Online storage capacity increase: PlayStation Plus members’ PS4 cloud storage capacity will increase from 1GB to 10GB
- Favourite Groups: Favourite Groups has been added to the Friends app, letting you add new or existing groups as a Favorite Group and quickly access groups of people you like to play games with frequently. This will make the process of getting a game session up and running even easier.
- Communities: PS4 users will have the ability to create communities based around shared interests, like games, genres and more. Communities include a message board with general discussion, screenshots shared by players and the ability to join parties or games. If you want to tackle a big multiplayer raid, but don’t have enough friends, this could be a great way to connect with other likeminded players.
- Sharing video clips to Twitter: Users will have the ability to share video clips directly to Twitter. The maximum video length is 10 seconds, but you’ll have the ability to trim longer clips.
- Live from PlayStation: We’ve added the ability for users to view popular broadcasts, video clips and screenshots on the Live From PlayStation area
- Screenshots: We’ve listened to your feedback and we’re happy to confirm that PNG format is now an option for Screenshot saves
- Now Playing: The Now Playing screen will display more information about what your friends are doing, and you’ll be able to quickly jump into a party, request a screen share, or jump to PlayStation Store to buy a game your friend is playing.
- Request to watch: Want to view a friend’s gameplay session? Now you can send a ‘Request to Watch’ notification to a player, which will start a live broadcast or Share Play invitation to the person playing.
- Stickers: Tired of typing out messages? With this update, you’ll be able to send stickers to friends through the messages.
That space increase is very appreciated by me. Needed to happen.
Yup. I’m sick of seeing my game saves not uploading because the space is full. Especially since I want to upgrade my HDD soon, I need those saves up there.
Time for another poll using a test base way too small to get any real results!
What controller would you buy?
- Steel Black
- None, I’m a straight shooter, homie
Not that I care about this game. At. All. But when I saw this image today, I just about fell out of my seat. When this game was announced, I figured this MS-owned game would never be sold on a Sony system.
I guess they are keeping their word.
Hello, PlayStation Nation! I’ve got some big news — together with our friends at Taco Bell we’ve put together something special for gamers in the United States. Only at Taco Bell and only during the promotional period, fans will have the chance to win a Limited Edition Gold PlayStation 4 Bundle every 10 minutes! This promotion begins on September 24th and ends on November 4th. If you do the math, this comes out to approximately 6,000 Limited Edition Gold PS4 Bundles.
Starting September 24th, stop by your local Taco Bell and purchase any Big Box, and receive a unique code for your chance to win. PS4 branded Big Boxes will be available during the promotion at participating Taco Bell locations while supplies last.
The limited edition prize bundle includes a Gold PS4 system, one gold DualShock 4, a copy of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, and a voucher for one year of PlayStation Plus.
I don’t need a poll for this. This could possibly be one of the ugliest consoles I have ever seen:
Looks better than the Battlefront console.
I’d rather have the Battlefront one.
Just go buy a Vader decal. Done! I just saved you money!
For you Twitchers out there:
The 3.00 system software update on PS4, codename: Kenshin, will be available to download starting tomorrow, September 30th. We want to extend our sincere thanks to everyone that participated in the beta. I want you to all know that we’ve listened. Your feedback made this system software update even better.
There are a lot of changes in this update, from entirely new features to UI enhancements. While we detailed its key features earlier this month, we wanted to give a visual tour of our favorite new additions. This update is focused on creating new ways to connect with friends and players around the world, expanding the social capabilities of the system even further.
Sharing video clips to Twitter: Now it’s easy to share video clips to Twitter directly from your PS4. You’ll see a new icon on the Upload Video Clip menu, nestled between Facebook and YouTube. Maximum video length is 10 seconds, though you’ll have the ability to trim longer clips. Don’t forget — you can double tap the Share button to start recording a video, and press it again to stop.
PlayStation Plus: We’ve made a dedicated section for PlayStation Plus, which you can access by clicking the big Plus icon on the top right corner of your PS4 home screen. Once there you can easily manage your membership, see the monthly free games to download, deals for PS Plus members, and all of the games you’ve redeemed through PS Plus on PS4.
YouTube live: You’ll see a new icon for YouTube on the Broadcast Gameplay Screen, accessible after hitting the Share button. Now you can live stream directly from your PS4 to YouTube. Livestreams will be viewable across YouTube.
PNG Screenshots: If you’d like your game screenshots to be in a higher quality format, you can now select PNG instead of JPEG. To access, press Share > Share Settings > Screenshot Settings > Image Format.
Events: A new hub for Events has been added to PS4, accessible from the home screen. This will give you an overview of activities taking place in the games you play most, as well as official broadcasts. For instance, here’s an in-game racing event taking place in Project Cars, which you can register for directly from the Events hub.
Improvements to Messages and Favorite Groups: We’ve improved Messages by making it easier to access groups of people you chat and play games with frequently. Once you’re added to or create a group, you’ll see the online status for friends, what games they are playing, and the option to message or chat in party all in one spot. When you add or create a new favorite group, they’ll appear in your Friends app under Favorite Groups for quick access. For example, you can see we have favorite groups for Call of Duty, Rocket League, and Destiny.
Communities: PS4 users will have the ability to create communities based around shared interests, like games, genres, and more. Communities include a message board with general discussion, screenshots shared by players, and the ability to join parties / games.
Stickers: From the PS4 system’s Messages app, you’ll see a new option for Stickers. The 3.00 update will contain stickers themed around Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Knack, LittleBigPlanet 3, Resogun, and more. Instead of typing out a message, just send a sticker — like Drake looking at a watch, asking you to wait a minute.”
We’re constantly striving to make PS4 even better, and appreciate all the feedback! If you would like to submit an idea on how to improve the PlayStation experience, share it here. We will continue to make PS4 the best place to play.
I’m happy they will be highlighting the free PS Plus games better. It wasn’t easy to find all of the free games previously.
Finally! Stickers in messages! Time to dust off the PS4.