PS4 News!

PS4 News!
0.0 0

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/10/24/playlink-three-new-games-launch-on-ps4/

We’re extremely excited for today’s launch of our brand new PlayLink games — Hidden Agenda, Knowledge is Power, and SingStar Celebration! The PlayLink titles allow players to sync their compatible mobile devices to their PS4 console and with a quick download of the game’s free companion app, they’ll be able to use their mobile device as a controller, or in SingStar’s case — a mic!

Hidden Agenda and Knowledge is Power are available to purchase for $19.99 each at PlayStation Store and retail stores. SingStar Celebration is available to purchase for $19.99 at retail stores.

Sony got ‘too many’ (IMO) disparate services and whatnot. Like, PS+, PSNOW, PSTV, PSLIVE, PSVUE, PSVR, etc.

For me, as an old, it just feels a bit overwhelming and disconnected. Granted, Sony is not a software company like MS, so there is some leeway, but it just feels like a lot going on and with how much they’ve supported Vita, why invest in any of that?

And yes, Playlive it not hardware or anything but I don’t know…maybe I’m just overthinking it. FTR, I’m digging Vue…lack of Viacom channels (mostly Comedy Central) aside…

EDIT" excuse my typos, I’m on a laptop with a fill-sized keyboard,

Shadow of the Colossus will launch for PlayStation 4 on February 6, 2018, Sony Interactive Entertainment during the PlayStation Media Showcase at Paris Games Week 2017.

YAY!

Telltale style? Maybe?

Today we’re pleased to announce a new Sharefactory update – v3.00 – which includes new themes and a variety of features requested by the community, including camera effects and text/sticker animations.

First – we’re happy to add two new themes with this update. The first theme is a “comic book-style” theme, which is packed with content including three intro, title and outro clips, eight transitions, three backgrounds, 39 stickers and a comic style font. The second theme is a special one for our PlayStation fans. To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Uncharted franchise from Naughty Dog, we’ll have a dedicated theme to honor this critically-acclaimed franchise.

The new update also includes seven new camera effects. You can use the new “Hollywood-style” effect to add more flair to your edits. Add quake, bounce, stomp, pulse and more to enhance your best gameplay achievements.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/12/sharefactory-update-3-00-new-themes-camera-effects-animations-more/

I just got a sweet email from Playstation that shows what a loser I am. I’m curious to see what you guys did in 2017.

And there are even more stats when you click the link:

I can’t wait to play it.

IGN: 9.7 / 10.0
The true definition of a classic, the gameplay and story of Shadow of the Colossus are every bit as great and emotional today as they were in 2005. This outstanding remaster skillfully enhances those qualities with improved controls, performance, and sheer graphical beauty. It remains one of the best PlayStation games ever made, and it’s wonderful that Sony has brought it back to the fore so a new generation of gamers can experience it without having to look past its aged facade.

Easy Allies: 5 / 5

Metro GameCentral: 9 / 10
A stunning recreation of one of gaming’s most enduring classics, and what remains a towering example of the art of interactive entertainment.

Push Square: 10 / 10
One of the greatest games ever made resurrected in one of the greatest remakes of all time. Shadow of the Colossus remains faithful to the 2006 original, but its presentation is on par with the very best that the PS4 has to offer. A masterpiece.

COGconnected : 90 / 100
hanging onto the arm hair of a huge ape as it tries to shake you off probably shouldn’t be trivial

GamesBeat: 89 / 100
We’re lucky to live in a world with Shadow of the Colossus. I hope that more people get the chance to play it now and it goes on to inspire a generation of indie developers. But, more than anything, I’m just happy to play it again.

Hardcore Gamer: 4.5 / 5.0
When remaking a game, there are two general routes that developers can take.

TheSixthAxis: 10 / 10
Shadow of the Colossus isn’t necessarily a game that needed to be remade in such an elaborate fashion, and yet, I’m so glad that it has been. Bluepoint’s remake of this sublime and poignant adventure is phenomenal, both managing to stay utterly true to the original and bringing it up to date in glorious fashion.

PS Site: 9.5 / 10.0
One of the best games of the golden age - now remade with current technology. Shadow of the Colossus looks and runs wonderful. It is a perfect moment to catch up, if you haven’t already.

Attack of the Fanboy: 4.5 / 5.0
Shadow of the Colossus is one of the best games of all time and it has now received a truly worthy remake on PS4. There aren’t any major shifts in the gameplay or content additions, but the game needed neither. Instead Bluepoint has taken the original classic, upgraded the visuals, and only touched what needed to be touched. Fans will want to have this on day one, and if you’ve never experienced the magic of Shadow of the Colossus before, this is the way to do it.

Game Revolution: 4.5 / 5.0
I’ve rarely seen a game received such an extensive makeover while being so faithful to the source material

PlayStation Universe: 9.5 / 10.0
The new and improved Shadow of the Colossus brings the game into the modern era successfully. It carries over a few flaws and annoyances, sure, but it’s been refined where it matters most, and the net result is a return to the forbidden lands that’s just as achingly beautiful and magical as it ever was.

Destructoid: 10.0 / 10.0
Not to diminish the accomplishments of this remake, but it’s all possible because Team Ico’s Shadow of the Colossus is so impossibly perfect. It’s epic and majestic and emotional and imaginative and breathtaking. There are so many superlative adjective you could attach. Shadow of the Colossus’ reputation is as great as some of its tallest colossi. This remake might just help some people see that a little more clearly.

Eurogamer: Essential
A melancholy masterpiece is reborn in this faithful and breathtakingly beautiful remake.

Gaming Nexus: 9.8 / 10.0
Shadow of the Colossus is one for the books. Twelve years later, it’s still a powerful, immutable, singular experience. A masterwork of the genre.

Digitally Downloaded: 5 / 5

Game Informer: 9.0 / 10.0
Shadow of the Colossus is a masterpiece, and developer Bluepoint has done a fantastic job bringing it to a new generation

Opencritic : 93
Metacritic : 93

Look at those scores. Now I really can’t wait to play it.

I can finally hide all the betas and demos I’ve downloaded!!!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/06/new-features-coming-to-ps4-in-system-software-5-50/

I have a 20% off code for PSN that I can’t use on preorders, so if anyone wants it, let me know. First come, first served.

I’ll take it, unless someone really has their eyes on something that they have been waiting to go on sale. I’ll probably use it for Colossus, or Yakuza 0 if that’s not elegible. How is Colossus btw?

Somehow I joined the cool club finally because they sent me a 20% code too.

Message sent.

I only started up SotC to view the trophies, so all I’ve seen so far is the opening cinematic. But it looks beautiful. I can’t wait to actually play the game.

Message received and code used. SotC is downloading now. I guess it does pay to keep a completely under utilized, non-distinguishable gaming forum running!

I finally beat SotC last night. What a game! The controls are bad, but I like that they are bad. It gives you a real sense of struggle. The part I did not like was how bad the camera was—that wasn’t necessary. I just want to aim the beam of light towards the Colossus while riding the horse… why is that SO DIFFICULT!!! But by the 10th or so Colossi, I had the camera controls down. Mostly.

I solved all of them myself with no guides (I really, REALLY try to never use guides for puzzle games), although 2 were spoiled beforehand that were unavoidable (one on Twitter with an animated GIF related to a fire weakness and the flying one in Sony’s press conference). I love that each one—for the most part—were truly unique. I’d LOVE to see a sequel to this game in the style of Hitman. You buy the base game, and new Colossi seasons are unlocked throughout the year. Forever.

Anyhoo… I still prefer The Last Guardian, as that game gave me the feels at the end, but this game was overall more fun. I’d actually play this one again, but I don’t think I’ll ever touch TLG again, just because I know it won’t have the same level of impact with a second play-through while this game begs you to play multiple times.

Oh, and it’s pretty. Like really pretty. I love the map and the openness and the sense of loneliness. So good!

Now bring on ICO.

Sony says they will continue to support & focus on PSN and PS4 games until 2021; players can expect more new IPs and “franchising successful IPs and refreshing existing IPs”.

So… PS5 in 2019? Or 2020? I think I’ll wager 2019—Reveal in Spring, release in Fall.

EDIT: More:

• John Kodera said that "PlayStation 4 was entering “the final phase” of its lifecycle, with unit sales set to decline from here on".

• Kodera also said that “Sony would be investing in more exclusive games for PlayStation platforms, including both new IP and refreshing existing IPs”

• He described the period leading up to March 2021 as a “time for SIE to “crouch down” while preparing for more growth after that point”

• Kodera finally noted that “Sony’s perspective on the games business has shifted, from emphasis on selling millions of units to an emphasis on engaging millions of MAUs”

So yeah, the PS5 will be arriving before 2021. Sony doesn’t just instantly abandon their consoles after the launch of their next one -cough- like MS -cough-.

7 New PlayLink Games Coming in 2018, Including UNO, Chimparty, More

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/06/12/7-new-playlink-games-coming-in-2018-including-uno-chimparty-more/