PS+: Instant Game Collection

PS+: Instant Game Collection
0.0 0

Am I wrong that I won’t even download Temple of Osiris because I don’t want to support the team who took Tomb Raider away from PS4 users for a full year?

Yeah, it’s petty, but I can’t do it. They handled that “exclusive” reveal so terribly I’d feel dirty playing it.

The other 3 are in my queue though.

Grow Home, Super Time Force Ultra for PS4.
Twisted Metal and Teslagrad (PS4 Crossbuy) for PS3.
La Mulana EX and Xeodrifter (PS4 Crossbuy) for Vita.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/24/ps-plus-free-games-for-september-2015/

Broken Age (PS4/PS Vita)
Super Meat Boy (PS4/PS Vita)
Unmechanical Extended (PS4/PS3)
Kickbeat (PS Vita/PS3)
Kung Fu Rabbit (PS Vita/PS3)
Chariot (PS3)

Only 3 for PS4 this month? But one of them is Super Meat Boy, so there’s that. I just wish I could transport my X360 save over…

I held off on buying both Broken Age and Super Meat Boy (which I actually own on Steam but have never played, tisk tisk, I know), so I am happy with that lineup.

I look forward to yelling at Super Meat Boy.

Time to buy stock in DS4 controllers. Their sales are about to shoot through the roof as people smash them.

Just a PSA in addition to the new games in Oct:

If you haven’t downloaded the PlayStation Plus version of Driveclub, queue that up before October 6.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/02/super-meat-boy-leaps-onto-ps4-ps-vita-on-october-6th-with-new-soundtrack/

Long story short, we couldn’t secure the rights to include the old soundtrack with the release of the game on PS4 and PS Vita. Now don’t be too bummed because we had the opportunity to work with our favorite artists to re-score Super Meat Boy to celebrate its 5th Anniversary. Our dream team of artists consists of:

• Matthias Bossi and Jon Evans, known the world over as Ridiculon (whose most recent work includes The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth), provided the bulk of the soundtrack. They took care of The Forest, Hell, The Rapture, and The End, as well as the intro music and title screen. They also re-scored all of the cutscenes and miscellaneous ditties. Their work is always stellar and Super Meat Boy is no exception. Ready yourselves for some devilishly gruesome guitar work, my friends.
  • David “Scattle” Scatliffe of Hotline Miami fame used his unique moody style to create incredible tracks for The Hospital and the Salt Factory. His mastery will leave you wondering if the shakes you’re having are from the intense levels or the creepy/industrial bliss your ears are soaking in.
  • Laura Shigihara of Plants vs. Zombies renown scored The Cotton Alley in her style to give Bandage Girl’s levels a gentle, feminine touch that provides a fitting counterpoint to the hardest levels in the game.

Also…

P.S. The DualShock 4 glows red while you play Super Meat Boy. If you were on the fence before and this tidbit didn’t sway you, then I don’t know what I can do for you.

No DannyB sountrack, no dice. I’ll stick with my PC copy.

Oy. This is the first month I am truly disappointed by the line-up. There isn’t a single thing here that I’d play.

Here’s what you can get your hands on come 3rd November:

• The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4)
  • Magicka 2 (PS4)
  • Dragon Fin Soup (PS4, PS Vita, PS3)
  • Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
  • Beyond Good and Evil (PS3)
  • inviZimals (PS Vita)

Dragon Fin Soup

Yeah, that’s a little lackluster. Would be some great PS3 ports, however, if they could figure out how to emulate those on the PS4. Just saying…

Spelunker World dropped yesterday for free, so just a headsup.

Published by Square Enix, heh? Have you played it yet? Looks like it could have some charm.

Haven’t played it yet but gonna give it a spin tomorrow night. I do feel a bit put off by it, even though it’s free, because it’s one of those that then sells add-ons of [whatever in game currency] at X amount for $60. Obviously I don’t, and wont, buy those but it just looks weird to me.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/25/ps-plus-free-games-for-december-2015/

Full December Lineup:
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, PS3
Freedom Wars, PS Vita
Gauntlet: Slayer Edition, PS4
King’s Quest — Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember, PS4
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, PS Vita
SSX, PS3

Wow, Xbox kind of kicked PS4 in the ass with free games in December. I hope that’s not a trend, but competition is good, right?

Yeah, they did. Last December we got Injustice. This one… ugh.

So far…

Hardware: Rivals (PS4)
Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4)
Dragon Age: Origins (PS3)
Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PS3)
Nihilumbra (PS Vita)
Legends of War: Patton (PS Vita)

I already have Grim Fandango but still never really get mad when these ‘free’ games are ones I already own. Thought it’d be nice to get something…substantial…every once in a while.

Meeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.