Pokemon Go

Pokemon Go
0.0 0

Stops refresh every 5 minutes or so. If you have a park or something similar nearby, you could walk around for 20 minutes or so and nab a handful of items.

Or pay with real money…

That latter part of your post is never happening. :slight_smile:

I just missed this thing… so mad.

Not to rub it in or anything, but my work is actually directly on a Pokestop, so I usually have to dump items from my bag just to keep a decent balance of balls, potions, berries, etc…

Maybe once they initiate trading I can trade some to you? Although I am guessing we will need to be near each other to trade?

I spent ~2 hours walking around a local park near my house last night with some friends and am currently sitting on roughly 150 pokeballs, so it’s definitely worth it to go walk for a bit if you have a cluster of PokeStops near you.

You did turn AR off, right? You can always turn it back on for dem pics, but it’s soooo much easier to catch pokemon with it turned off.

Also, if you are on iOS, download this, now!

Lock up that Google!

I have not turned AR off yet. My weakness is the stupid Zubats or whatever they are called. I need to stop throwing Pokeballs at them, they are ridiculously hard to hit.

Downloading now… and hey, look! New Galaxy of Heroes update too!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnLcZZaUAAAD1_c.jpg

My company is encouraging others to embrace it:

Or here if you prefer G+:

Restaurants, coffee shops, bars and convenience stores definitely have a golden marketing opportunity in front of them.

They sure do:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2016/07/12/niantic-ceo-confirms-sponsored-locations-are-coming-to-pokemon-go/#5541c862137e

Alright, you win Jeff, Kotaku is pretty bad with their click bait titles:

U.S. Marines Seth Ortega and Javier Soch were playing Pokémon Go at a park in Fullerton, California when the game locked up. While waiting for it to unfreeze, they looked up and noticed a man with a plastic red rose approach a woman with three children, KABC-TV Los Angeles reports.

The woman and her children ran away and then called the police. Ortega and Soch continued watching the suspicious man as he approached another mother and her kids, who were also in the park playing Pokémon Go.

“We see the gentleman go approach them again, at this point, me and my roommate start walking across the street and the gentleman actually walks up and touches one of the children, one of the boys, his toe, and starts walking his way up to the knee,” Ortega said.

“At this point I’m running across the street and another gentleman who was walking down the street does the same thing,” Ortega added.

The suspect was arrested for alleged child annoyance, KABC-TV Los Angeles reports, and it was later discovered that he had an outstanding warrant out for attempted murder.

“A lot of people are just drawn into their phones, you know, staring in this, not really paying attention to what’s going on,” said Soch. “You really gotta pay attention to what’s going on around you.”

His entire quote references that we shouldn’t have our faces buried in our screens, which is exactly what Pokemon Go does. The only reason they caught this guy was because PoGo (I hate the shorthand, but going with it) froze on them so they finally decided to look up.

Either way, creepy ass story.

http://lifebar.io/1/u.php?i=x30749-7838

I can see where you are coming from, Smurf, but isn’t the whole point of the game to get out and walk around to different locations? I have heard a lot of complaints regarding the lack of Pokestops/Gyms in rural areas, however, so maybe that’s why I don’t quite understand this criticism.

Also, would you consider where you live a rural area, and if so, do you mind if I tweet it to all 64 of our followers?

I walked to the nearest Pokestop today with my dog. I hit it once for 1 (ONE) Pokeball. I kept walking, turned around and hit the same Pokestop 5 minutes later for another 2 (TWO) Pokeballs. I used all 3 to catch Jigglypuff and now I’m done playing for the day because I can’t walk to a Pokestop during work. They aren’t as prevalent in my area as I’d like, so this game is now just taking up valuable hard drive space on my phone. They should give people a daily allowance to combat areas with low amounts of Pokestops and rural areas.

EDIT: I don’t really live in a rural area. There just isn’t a lot of stops around where I live or where I work. And Tweet away. I don’t care.

I ran out of balls and spent $5 for more because there was a Rhyhorn in my house and I hadn’t seen one before. I agree that if some people are finding a plethora of supplies that make it easy to play without spending money, other players should have some kind of allowance so they’re not forced to spend money if they don’t want to, otherwise you’re just alienating some players.

I’m more frustrated with all the gyms near me being fully stocked with Pokemon near or above 1000 CP. So I’m already behind the battle curve, and probably won’t be able to catch up with all these people with apparently a lot more time and a lot bigger data allowance. Oh well, collecting is fun.

You have got to be kidding me.

Most likely, yes.

Gyms are kind of pointless. The odds are stacked heavily against the defenders and the rewards aren’t really worth it.

Pro tip. Weedles and Pidgeys are plentiful and give you three candies per nab. They each take 12 candies to evolve into their next forms. Evolving one give you 500XP. A lucky egg gives you double XP for 30 minutes.

1. Stock up on Weedles and Pidgeys until you have lots of them and lots of candies for them
  2. Crack a lucky egg
  3. Evolve as many as you can for a half hour, gaining 1000XP each time you do

I’m almost a level 20 and have done this a few times already. Works really well. The problem for me now is that even Weedles and Pidgeys are high level bastards that take raspberries and lots of Pokeballs.

Ya’ll discussing pro strats and I’m over hear trying to friggin’ just catch one (very first tutorial pokemon, aside). Like, I forgot how to actually catch it so I’m on the bus pressing buttons and swiping looking like a GODDAMN idiot in front of everyone else playing on the same bus all catching all the pokemons and shit.