PlayStation.VR

PlayStation.VR
0.0 0

Looks cool.

I can’t figure out what’s going on here.

@DarthSmurfX

https://kotaku.com/this-star-wars-x-wing-game-was-made-by-a-fan-in-dreams-1835036794

Geez.

I’m still watching this, but so far there’s a few cool trailers here. The one for Dr. Who Edge of Time looks real cool. Also, I’ll post this here, since a lot of the games are PSVR compatible.

Notables:
Dr. Who Edge of Time
Budget Cuts
Disciples of Dawn
Low-fi
Garden of the Sea
ABE
Pistol Whip

I didn’t know I needed this in my life. Catan + VR… uh… yes!

They really need a VR game pass or something. I will never pay $40 for a VR game for the amount I play, but I would love to dabble in all of them.

PS+ needs to add 1 of these each month or at the very least every other month.

This is the part I found the most interesting in the article:

One interesting feature of I’m Hungry is that the game calculates the actual calories burned while playing the game, which can be extra motivating.

Also, this:

In addition, the controller and the sensing technique can truly correct the player’s posture while simulating the fast-food restaurant work. Since the player’s in-game operation is exactly the same as the moving speed in the real world, the player won’t feel uncomfortable while playing I’m Hungry.

VR…

Geez.

I’m not sure how you’d view this via PSVR, but if you want to start having night terrors, now’s your chance:

I’d post the video, but… everything is running like an original Xbox One. Slow. Sorry. I’m punchy today.

EDIT:

New games and a huge sale. If you aren’t “meh” about PSVR, that is.

Out now.

This one took a while to release. Hope it’s good.

Risk #1 – An Open World VR Game

The promise of virtual reality is that you will visit another world — but the current generation of tech is more suited to stationary gameplay and small environments. Streaming is difficult in VR and the technical investment was daunting, but as a result of that work Golem features an enormous city to explore. All without loading or interruption, allowing you to immerse yourself completely. And we’ve hidden weapons, treasures, artifacts and other collectibles everywhere, so exploration will be rewarded.

Risk #2 – The Incline Control Scheme

Good controls should not insert themselves between the game and the player, they should disappear from the process. You shouldn’t be thinking “I will press X to punch” but just “I will punch.” For us, the key to seamless controls in VR is your sense of proprioception; your awareness of your body and its position in the world. Golem’s Incline Controls allow you to move as you would naturally, by slightly leaning your body as if you were about to take a step and start walking…

For Most Players: The Incline Control System is designed for maximum immersion and allows you to lose yourself in the world completely. The system is very sensitive; your movements should be subtle and not cause any strain, especially when played while seated as designed. The result is an intuitive control scheme that is often easier to understand for new players.

For Sensitive Players: For those that are discomforted by movement in VR games, we have included as many comfort options as possible. Instant quick turns, a stationary scene in your peripheral vision, slower movement speeds — these options are all available by selecting “Comfort Mode” at the beginning of the game or can be turned on individually in the Options menu. Everyone’s reactions are different, so we encourage you to experiment and find the settings that work for you.

For Power Players: On the other end of the spectrum are those of you that live in VR and want complete control. Rather than implement dozens of possible control schemes, we have chosen to include direct control over your movement via the left analog stick on your DualShock 4. It’s primarily for those that prioritize efficient and responsive.