Playstation News!

Playstation News!
0.0 0

Oh, and it probably bears mentioning: Don’t expect any updates related to our next-gen plans in this episode.

Posting here because it seems like they are teasing a State of Play reveal. This account has been dormant since 2015.

New The Last of Us 2 footage. February 21, 2020. Also, other things.

Other things:
Humanity reveal (I have no idea what this is)
Call of Duty stuff
Death Stranding PS4 Pro
LA Noire VR (available now) plus a slew of other VR games
Arise reveal

I’d post more, but the Playstation Blog page is crashing from the traffic.

Well, we get what we pay for I guess…

$60 per year and they just added God of War? I’m actually tempted now.

Also, this came out of nowhere:

no_sir

Come on, Destiny 2. And Crash Team Racing. And Battlefront 2. And OnRush. And DCUO.

EDIT:
From the article, I found this part interesting.

Which makes growth the magic word—and which is why PlayStation Now improvements aren’t even the only move Sony is making, despite handily winning the sales battle this console generation. While it’s not announcing the news explicitly, the PS4’s cross-play efforts have officially moved out of the beta stage, meaning that the console can support cross-play on any titles that studios provide the functionality for. This month’s Modern Warfare may be the first major title to take advantage of it at launch, and likely won’t be the last. “The track record of the incumbent platform winning the next time around is not a great one,” Jim Ryan says. "So the major thrust of my executive energy is to avoid complacency."

For starters, Sony is changing how the PS5 will handle storage. The new solid-state drive will not only make games boot up faster and reduce loading times, but it will come with a new way of handling games installation. Users will be able to install just a game’s multiplayer or single-player campaign instead of installing the whole game.

Another big change will come with the console’s controller. Instead of “rumble” technology, Sony said in its post, controllers will use haptic feedback for a more refined vibration when playing a game. The left and right triggers will also use adaptive technology, making certain actions feel more realistic, such as pulling the string of a bow or the recoil of a gun. There will also be new speakers in the controllers as well as a USB-C port.

I hope there’s an option to turn it off completely.