Playstation News!

Playstation News!
0.0 0

They pretty much guaranteed that I’ll be staying in their ecosystem next gen with this. Also, I’d hate to lose out on VR if Microsoft continues to ignore it.

There’s also this stuff:

• Plan to expand PS Now to reach 5m+ subs

• Support 1080p and beyond

• Bring PS Now off console, to other devices

• Strengthen content + Marketing plan

• Streaming to play a key role next gen

Via https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1130667046247849985

Probably coming to X1 as well, but I haven’t seen any news on that part.

Cool. I guess going from 8 to 16 players in a party will probably be more useful next gen when PS5 and PS4 players can group up. Or something.

For sure, I always hit that 8 player cap with all of my close IRL friends constantly wanting to play online multiplayer competitive video games with me. It’s so hard to decide who to cut out of the deep and intellectual conversations we have. 16 players still isn’t enough for my entire elite clan members to participate, but at least I know they are thinking about the influencers such as myself. [wipes sweat from brow]

Does this come with friends to fill the party?

high5_fail

120Hz support is neat but I don’t see it getting utilized anytime soon, since most developers/publishers seem to always favor making the game look prettier rather than targeting a consistent 60+ FPS.

I have 17 Beta codes for the 7.0 update if anyone here wants one. Let me know and I’ll send it to you. Here’s the details:

As part of the System Software 7.00 Beta, we are rolling out the upcoming upgraded Party App. As a beta user you will be able to use the following new Party App features:

• Increased maximum Party participants from 8 to 16

• Improved audio quality for voice chat

• Improved network connectivity

• Chat transcription (for US testers only)

Limitations during beta: :

If you participate in the Beta Program, you won’t be able to join the same Party or use Share Play with others who aren’t participating in the program. However, the beta code can be redeemed by 20 different qualifying accounts, so share the code with your friends (must be 18+ years old in US or Canada) and try out the new Party updates together! Once you participate in the Beta Program, Parties that you’re able to join will have an asterisk (*) in front of the Party name.

Oh my!

Are we sure this isn’t a mobile game?

Wait. It’s not?

Uh. What?

On a list of games that should have cross-console play, this game falls somewhere behind OnRush. At the top of that list: Battlefront 2, Destiny 2, No Man’s Sky, DC Universe Online, Crash Team Racing, Burnout Paradise, Minecraft (come on, Sony), Wreckfest, literally any racing game, all FPSs, etc…

What I’m saying is, if this game can get it. EVERY. GAME. SHOULD. GET. IT.

These are some cool looking covers:

Not sure if anyone here plays any of these games.

And I’ve never even heard of this game:

Well… that lines up with this:

Think we hear anything about next gen?

Doubtful. Here are my guesses:

• PS+ is adding PSVR each month
  • PS1 and 2 BC
  • The next title update will finally move out of beta after a grueling 18 months
  • Gifting in the PSN store and everyone is gifted PaRappa the Rapper
  • PSN joins Movies Anywhere and for linking your account you get Chappie for free
  • Twisted Metal HD Collection shadow-dropped
  • Destiny 2 cross-play (now with even longer loading screens!!!)
  • They reveal they’ve finally purchased Housemarque, Bluepoint, Team Ico and Remedy.

What we’ll actually get:

• 12 solid minutes of Terminator: Resistance footage
  • Followed by 7 minutes interviewing the devs of Terminator: Resistance
  • Last of Us 2 release date