Playstation News!

Playstation News!
0.0 0

What world are we living in? A Playstation commercial that features an Xbox controller and a Switch controller? AND you will need to sign into Xbox Live on your PS4 to play?!?!?!

First Minecraft with Xbox login on PS4 and now MLB The Show on Switch and Xbox. Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria.

Full State of Play video

I have to wonder if there is a new button or 2 on the DS5 and this will make DS4s forward compatible.

2019 summaries:

12%20PM

Looks like my online hours are still bugged like last year, oh well…

PS42019-3

Only 78 hours of Crash Team Racing? I thought you were a fan…

2 Likes

Yeah. I’m shocked too. I need to fix that this year.

This is cool. Or sad. I’m not sure.

I’d really like to know what the difference between an Automobile and a Racing game is though. Can anyone explain that one to me?

Chances are high that it will trail behind the new Xbox in terms of specs, although it will probably be marginal enough that most peoples decisions will come down to the services Microsoft and Sony offer.

Right now, for me, Microsoft is winning my first purchase decision. I’ll be getting both eventually, but I’m still hoping Sony steps it up with PSN and PS Now.

Agreed. Microsoft has some compelling value in their Game Pass and (potentially) XCloud streaming.

It’s too bad I have zero interest in any of their exclusives. So, Sony is winning for me regardless of tech power or Game Pass.

PS5 vs Xbox Series X Technical Specifications Comparison

Here are all the tech specs for PS5 and Xbox Series X in a handy table. The better specifications are highlighted with bold text. Which console is more powerful?

Tech Specs PS5 Xbox Series X
CPU 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency) 8x Cores @ 3.8 GHz (3.6 GHz w/ SMT) Custom Zen 2 CPU
GPU 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency) 12 TFLOPS, 52 CUs @ 1.825 GHz
GPU Architecture Custom RDNA 2 Custom RDNA 2
Die Size 360.45 mm²
Process 7nm Enhanced
Memory 16GB GDDR6/256-bit 16 GB GDDR6 w/ 320b bus
Memory Bandwidth 448GB/s 10GB @ 560 GB/s, 6GB @ 336 GB/s
Internal Storage Custom 825GB SSD 1 TB Custom NVME SSD
I/O Throughput 5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (Compressed) 2.4 GB/s (Raw), 4.8 GB/s (Compressed, with custom hardware decompression block)
Expandable Storage NVMe SSD Slot 1 TB Expansion Card (matches internal storage exactly)
External Storage USB HDD Support USB 3.2 External HDD Support
Optical Drive 4K UHD Blu-ray Drive 4K UHD Blu-Ray Drive
Performance Target 4K @ 60 FPS, Up to 120 FPS
Dimensions 151mm x 151mm x 301mm
Weight 4.45 kg

Is PS5 or Xbox Series X the More Powerful Console?

On paper, it looks like Xbox Series X is technically the more impressive next-gen console. However, looking at all the facts and figures, it seems PS5 and Xbox Series X will be extremely similar on a technical level. Both have high speed SSDs, both have eight-core processors running neck and neck, and both will make use of expandable storage. There’s hardly anything in it, really.

If we’re to pick a winner based on the above, it would appear Microsoft has the edge over Sony, but it looks as though PS5’s SSD is outrageously fast – more so than even the Series X. It’s a close run race, in other words. Whichever next-gen console you buy, it’ll be substantially more powerful than the current-gen machines.

Boils down to services and exclusives.

I’m also hoping cross-platform play continues to expand.

I think cross-platform play will become the standard next gen.

I’m just happy that we’ll finally have home consoles with modern hardware.

[too sad to insert NOOOO GIF here]