Pandemic Pastimes

Pandemic Pastimes

I have a pellet grill but often wish I also had a gas or charcoal for the easier meals you mentioned (hotdogs, burgers, chicken).

I need to get better at the grill, because I often find that doing anything other than a long smoke of a big thick piece of meat, which I almost never do unless we have guests, is just not worth it on the pellet grill. I can never get a good sear or texture unless I slather it with sauce and then crank up the heat at the end, and I just can’t give that much attention to it with the kids running around.

I put a few Roma Tomatoes in a blender with some basil, mix that in a bowl with a 8oz can tomato paste and add some salt, pepper, sugar, and red pepper flakes. Then heat a pan with olive oil and saute some minced garlic and onions and then add the tomato mix and let it simmer for about 15mins.

I’ve seen a few that have the option to do low and slow with heat or you can to a traditional grill flame.

The Weber Smokefire is one of them. I think Traeger has one as does Pit Boss. I think it’s something the newer models offer

You don’t happen to work for the National Restaurant Association do you? B/c their ads with lovable actors on Hulu is adorable.

Nope. I just work for a state one. I haven’t even seen those ads, we don’t get commercials on our Hulu.

I feel like I’m running out of shows to watch. I guess it’s almost time to subscribe to a new service. DC Universe… you’re up. Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Harley Quinn… I’ve heard good things.

Have you watched What We Do in the Shadows or Dave on Hulu? I’m enjoying both of those.

What we do in the Shadows is so great.

Been watching The Boys S2 and it’s a damn good follow up to S1.

Mindhunters S2 has also been great.

1 Like

Damn, I don’t know how I missed season two of What We Do in the Shadows coming out but I’m already four episodes deep.