Pandemic Pastimes

Pandemic Pastimes

Figured it was about time I finally breach the topic that has been consuming all of us for a number of weeks. I’m sure it’s all impacting us differently, so we could either share how it’s impacting us or on a little more lighthearted note just share what you are doing to stay busy.

We’ve had our 6 month-old and 3 year-old home from daycare since last Wednesday, although the toddler is currently at Grandma’s for a much needed break. Needless to say, they have been keeping us VERY busy, and proving it’s impossible to work from home with them on the loose (I don’t know how you do it with a pre-schooler, @MrBimble).

On the bright side, we are developing some much needed habits and routines with our toddler that probably wouldn’t have happened unless we were all locked in a house together 24/7.

While I was lucky enough to game during breaks while working from home before, it has now been reduced to the rare nights I have enough energy left over to stay up after the rest of the house falls asleep, and with a 6 month-old, those can be some pretty small chunks.

Anyways, how is everyone else (all few of you) coping out there?

It’s a little more hectic than normal having all 3 kids home. School is likely not resuming before the end of the year, so having a licensed teacher for a wife will come in handy. “Class” officially starts back up next week in a distance learning format.

We eat out a lot less. That’s probably a good thing. Saving some money there.

Otherwise, it is what it is and we’ll be fine.

1 Like

I’m doing ok. Our district is doing online classes for all students. But because my kids fall under the sped umbrella and they have home room teachers that means I have no contact with them. So I’m basically getting paid to do nothing right now. It’s not as fun as it sounds. I really miss seeing the kids. My own kids are very self sufficient so they don’t really need much help with the online classes.

I’ve been going on long walks a few times a day in order to keep my sanity and we as a family go for a walk after lunch. I think in total I walked 8-9 miles today. It’s good though as the weather has been good and I load up some podcasts.

Oh, also been playing a lot of Warzone.

1 Like

I work for the Restaurant Association and all of them are freaking out right now, so I’m working overtime from home most days. When I’m not working, we are binge-watching shows and drinking beer to drown out the chaotic day.

I bought a Roku so we’d have access to TV+ and DC Universe programs, since Sony and MS refuse to get their apps on their consoles. I’ve not been disappointed yet. And all the binging has eaten into my gaming time.

Because I’m so busy at work, I have far less time to peruse video game sites for news. I guess there might be some PS+ Instant game collection news coming soon or something. Someone should really look into that.

1 Like

1 Like