Overwatch

Overwatch
0.0 0

Overwatch

A stylish sci-fi, team-based, first-person shooter from Blizzard in which players can choose from a wide range of Heroes with unique weapons and abilities.

First Released

May 23, 2016

Platforms

PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4

Developers

Blizzard Entertainment

Genres

First-Person Shooter

Find out more at Giant Bomb

Nothing new to report here, but I have just been watching some gameplay from the beta of this game, and HOLY CRAP has this game got me excited. I am not sure why I didn’t see this level of polish and refinement coming from Blizzard, but I can’t believe how they made what appears to be such a balanced shooter with such crazy and varied abilities. If you haven’t seen any straight up gameplay from this yet, I highly suggest seeking some out. I know not everyone is a Giant Bomb fan, but this was one of the videos that really sold me.

I also might be able to contribute some of that excitement to Ryckert’s childish joy while watching Brad play this game, but I’m willing to jump on that hype train.

Rocket League

We are unnecessary intros to a hero based shooter where story has no relevance. Do people get in to the lore of these hero based games, whether it’s a shooter, MOBA or any other campaignless game?

People do and I can understand why. Some lore/vids are really good, like the ones for Team Fortress 2, and some aren’t but it offers a connection to a favorite character and can strengthen a bond with a game. Even if its slight, having some reason to ‘care’ is better than nothing, I think. It can give a ‘reason’ to play, especially. I thought Battleborn was pretty fun and had a flimsy lore (at least for the beta) but I can honestly say I’d care less about it if it was just “here play…the reason is BECASUE” than the current “here play…the reason is BECAUSE super lame reason”.

I get ultimately the motivation to play is to plat against people or whatever but having a little something more to the game is a good thing.

Well put. I can see that. I’m the same way for sandbox games where I would prefer to have some purpose versus just shooting for shooting’s sake. And we all know Blizzard is one of the best at producing those high quality cinematics, so I guess the more the merrier. You have convinced me to completely reverse my position. More Overwatch, please!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/07/overwatch-launches-may-24th-on-ps4-early-access-starts-may-3rd/

As an added bonus, if you pre-purchase Overwatch, you’ll get early access to the Beta for you and a friend from May 3rd to May 4th. After that, everyone will have a chance to play free during our Open Beta from May 5th to May 9th.

I was about to announce my 2016 boycott of shooters…until I remembered Overwatch. Shoot.

Clever pun, heh?

Just a reminder that you can use the Amazon pre-order ‘trick’ to get a beta key, then cancel your order…which is what I did to get a guaranteed spot in this one.

Or you can just not give a rip and play something else or watch paint dry. Either one seems like a better option and far less time consuming.

Nah.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first night I played this. Just played against the AI but, yeah, I can see myself obsessively playing this and it being my new Awesomenauts.

LOVE THIS GAME!

And I just saw this, score!

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20743735540

We couldn’t be more grateful. So, as a small way of saying “thank you” to our community and the millions of players who’ve logged in so far, we will be extending the Open Beta by 1 day on all platforms. This means the beta will now conclude on May 10 at 10:00 a.m. PDT in all regions.

Yeah, been loving this game and gonna buy it at release.

Anybody on Twitter is probably sick of seeing this, but in case you bought it and haven’t seen this:

Time for some server dumpster fires.

I put in the disc. Downloaded the update. Started playing. Thought to myself, holy crap, there is really nothing here. What did I just pay $60 for? Played another game. Thought the same thing. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game. Played another game.