OnRush

OnRush
0.0 0

[insert GB stuff here]

We’re bringing back the magic of arcade racing
It’s been too long since there was an awesome, all-out arcade racing game! It’s great that there’s so much choice for those of you who love choosing tyres and tweaking set-ups, but what happened to the love for physics-defying, fast-paced, all-action racing? Onrush is a brand new game that celebrates everything you loved about the iconic arcade titles of yesteryear, but in a visually stunning, phenomenally fun and fresh take on what it means to race.

Onrush is a contact sport
You don’t get any penalties for hitting competitors in Onrush – you get rewarded! Onrush isn’t just about fighting for the win; it’s about racing with style and flair, earning boost from pulling daring stunts and powering up your RUSH bar by taking huge risks (more on that later). Whether you’re performing ridiculously audacious barrel rolls or slamming down from above to takedown a rival, the focus is always on doing something spectacular.

The ultimate rush
Onrush is all about thrill-seeking, adrenaline-pumping, grin-inducing fun. To those of you familiar with the arcade racing genre, the concept of ‘Boost’ won’t be a new one – but we’re bringing something new to the party: RUSH.

What’s RUSH, we hear you cry? Well, it’s an injection of explosive speed and unstoppable force that always packs the possibility of being your best moment in the game. RUSH is the ultimate manifestation of power and speed, and when used at the right moment can wreak absolute havoc on the competition.

There’s so much more to come
Since the incredibly talented team formerly known as Evolution Studios joined Codemasters, they’ve been quietly getting their heads down and working on Onrush. Now that it’s time to talk, we want to say a huge thank you for everyone’s support. You’ve been asking us so many questions that we haven’t been able to answer – but now the time has arrived, we’re so happy to finally share with you what we’ve been working on.

This is the Burnout successor I’ve been waiting for. I hope.

Looks good.

Meh.

“Myself and Jamie [Brayshaw], the assistant director, we sat in the pub prior to joining Codemasters, and chatting about what sort of racing game we want to make,” says Rustchynsky. “We both said to ourselves, what are our favourites? What would we like to see come back? We both loved SSX, we both loved Burnout and Motorstorm, so we thought about how we could take the best elements of those to make a racing game.”

Onrush heads into a uncontested space, with the arcade racer having lain relatively dormant for the last few years (save a handful of exceptions such as the exquisite and unfairly overlooked Trackmania Turbo). Even then, it’s not content to be a straight take on the genre; instead, it’s something that sounds impressively bold.

SSX and Burnout!?!?! Say no more.

Need an incentive to pre-order? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! If you pre-order on PlayStation you will gain access to an exclusive early access beta in May!*

As for your questions:

- Gameplay Footage: Over the next 4 months we’ll be showing you plenty of in-game action.
- Photomode: All the new screens that we’ve released over the past 2 days were taken using the in-game photo mode.
- Frame-rate/Resolution: We’ll be making full use of the PS4 Pro & Xbox One X, but we’ll be sharing the technical details at a later date.
- Blog: If you missed the blog there are more details here

As always I’ll try to answer what I can for you guys here, but keep following @ONRUSHgame & @Rushy33 for the latest official news.

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/01/treat-em-mean-keep-em-keen/

EVERYONE on Xbox and PlayStation will be able to join the stampede when we launch our OPEN BETA in May!

YES! I get to try before I buy.

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/02/the-stampede-is-coming/

Okay… this is looking even better.

And better…

Reminds me of Blur.

It reminds me of Ready Player One’s race scene.

And this one explains how it plays:

The OPEN BETA goes LIVE at 2pm (UK Time) on Thursday 17th May and concludes on Sunday 20th May at midnight (UK Time) on Xbox One and PS4!

Hooray! It’s almost time to get your RUSH on! What’s that? You want to play ONRUSH even earlier than the 17th!?

Well, if you pre-order on PS4 HERE you can access the beta 48 HOURS EARLY! (15th May) And most importantly before any of your mates, so you can brag like mad!

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/05/just-beta-it/

It’s going to be a busy —week— MONTH.

I got to Level 12 last night, so here are my impressions/thoughts:

• First of all, the game is fun. I do enjoy the Countdown mode WAAAAAAY more than the other modes though. I felt like I could contribute to winning there, whereas in the other modes, I was having a tough time crashing others. But that may come with practice. Or not, I could eternally suck like in Rocket League. And Battlefront. And Destiny.

• Are there any videos showcasing customization? I feel like this game’s success greatly depends on having a robust customization feature or it’ll lose it’s appeal. I know I wanted nothing more than to get rid of my cut-off jean shorts… or at least bedazzle them.

• I worry that this game will suffer at $60. I’ll most likely be buying it, but I hope the online community will be large enough to sustain the game. Maybe Rushy should have a meeting with Sony and MS to really discuss cross-play here. I think, more than any other game, this one could benefit from XBO vs PS4 lobbies.

• I hit one HUGE bug last night. After a massive crash, my screen began following another player… and never allowed me to respawn as myself. I just kept following this other car as if I was controlling it, but I wasn’t. And nothing I did could back me out of that except for shutting down the game entirely. What’s sad is that I didn’t even realize it right away. I was like, “why isn’t this handling right?” And then after it crashed, twice, I was like, “Wait. That’s not even my car.” Good thing for betas, amiright?

Overall, I can see this being a really fun game IF the servers are always packed AND if the customization options are plentiful.

I played a couple of the ‘crash mode’ races and didn’t enjoy it. I’ll have to check out the Countdown mode. Does that unlock after a certain level?

No. It’s randomly selected in the same Quickplay mode. It’s the one where you have to drive through the Green markers to add time to your team. The first team to run out of time loses.

That sounds more fun than trying to wreck the other team.