NPD and Other Super Fun Stats

NPD and Other Super Fun Stats
0.0 0

People really love them Red Deads.

For those sticklers, the 6,000% percent number turns out to be a little misleading. As some tweeters point out, that is simply saying it is up 6k% for the relative increase in sales ranking position no Amazon, which doesn’t correlate directly to actual unit sales levels. Still impressive though.

Yeah, selling something like 1 copy last month and then 60 copies this month is a 6000% increase.

Now I can only hope for Red Dead 3 at some point.

Well, if you want to get technical, that’s still referring to direct units sold, which this is not. If you are really interested, Ars explains it better:

You can confirm this yourself if you plug in the numbers Amazon provides on the “Movers and Shakers” page. As of this writing, for instance, Amazon says that the RDR GOTY edition moved from rank 1,583 to rank 22. Divide 1,583 by 22 and you get 71.95. Subtract one (for the current ranking), and you get 70.95, or the very “7,095 percent” increase indicated by the big green number. The same basic equation works out for every other percentage increase listed on the page.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/13/playstation-store-augusts-top-downloads/

PS4
1 No Man’s Sky
2 Madden NFL 17
3 Battlefield 4
4 TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW SIX SIEGE
5 Battlefield Hardline
6 Grand Theft Auto V
7 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
8 Rocket League
9 ABZÛ
10 Batman: The Telltale Series – Episode 1: Realm of Shadows
11 7 Days to Die
12 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
13 Overwatch: Origins Edition
14 resident evil 4
15 INSIDE
16 DOOM
17 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
18 The Last Of Us Remastered
19 Overcooked
20 Assassin’s Creed Syndicate

A couple things stood out to me, so I decided to post this month’s stats. First… NMS beat Madden!!! Dang! Also, I’m super glad to see Abzu here, and even though I haven’t played them yet, Inside and Overcooked. Also, how did Deus Ex do so poorly? That’s not a good spot to be for a AAA title like that.

Yeah, NMS was hyped to space and no one but hardcore fans give a shit about Madden anymore, so it’s to be expected.

As for Deus Ex, this is just for downloads. It’s more of a niche game, but I’d be willing to bet that it sold a lot more physical copies than digital. Plus it released in the last week of August, which may have something to do with lower sales.

This guy is on top of his game. Good analysis, Jeff.

Overcooked looks like a fun party game. But, for me, not at its current price.

I’d buy it in a heartbeat if it were online multiplayer. I’m not going to play a party game by myself. :frowning: