NPD and Other Super Fun Stats

NPD and Other Super Fun Stats
0.0 0

Now, I know these things tend to begin wars, but that’s not the intention here. Both the PS4 and the XBO are selling well. And when they sell well, we as gamers benefit. So this is to celebrate milestones in sales for both consoles. In fact, the first post doesn’t even compare the two current-gen consoles, but instead the PS4 against the PS2.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps4-reaches-2m-sales-in-the-uk/0148966

2m PlayStation 4 consoles have been sold in the UK, MCV can reveal.

Sony’s home console sailed past the milestone over the weekend, and reaches this level faster than it managed to with PlayStation 2. The machine is currently the best-selling UK games console for 2015 so far.

All data is courtesy of retail sales tracker GfK Chart-Track, and is based on their estimates for the total UK market.

“Reaching the milestone of two million PlayStation 4 consoles in the UK in less than 18 months is an achievement we are very proud of,” PlayStation’s UK boss Fergal Gara told MCV.

“To be the best selling ‘next generation’ console in Britain - installing faster even than the PlayStation 2 - is testament to an amazing and constantly improving product, the hard work of our trade partners and the team at PlayStation UK, and most importantly, the passion of the players. I would like to thank every one involved in helping us achieve this landmark."

PS4 has hit its 2m UK sales mark after 75 weeks on sale. It hit the 1m milestone after 42 weeks.

Worldwide, PS4 has now sold through 22.3m consoles.

http://www.revelationsartdesign.com/images/GIFs/nick_cage_kick.gif

Deals & Steals
Deals & Steals

Now… this is according to Ubisoft (note how they combined 2 of their games to make the Top 10), but it’s still interesting:

Also, Ubisoft has stated that they will ONLY be releasing games for current gen going forward (aside from Just Dance).

Graph fun:

Ubisoft

Shows that Current Gen is picking up… except Wii U, but I’m not even sure Ubisoft makes Wii U games.

EA

Look at the DLC sales revenue. It almost makes me upset to my sensitive tummy.

Activision

Also a huge uptick in current gen gaming.

##PS4:

1. Mortal Kombat X
  2. Bloodborne
  3. MLB 15: The Show
  4. Grand Theft Auto V
  5. Shovel Knight
  6. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
  7. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  8. Battlefield Hardline
  9. Axiom Verge
  10. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
  11. Bastion
  12. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  13. Titan Souls
  14. Helldivers
  15. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse
  16. Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China
  17. Slender: The Arrival
  18. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
  19. Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition
  20. Dragon Age: Inquisition

##PS3:

1. Grand Theft Auto V
  2. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition
  3. Batman: Arkham Origins
  4. Grand Theft Auto IV
  5. MLB 15: The Show
  6. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  7. Dante’s Inferno
  8. Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition
  9. Batman: Arkham City
  10. Terraria
  11. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse
  12. Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City
  13. Beyond Good & Evil HD
  14. Dead Island Riptide - Complete Edition
  15. Demon’s Souls
  16. Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
  17. Max Payne 3
  18. Battlefield Hardline
  19. Slender: The Arrival
  20. Sonic Adventure 2

##PS Vita:

1. Shovel Knight
  2. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
  3. MLB 15: The Show
  4. Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
  5. One Piece: Unlimited World Red
  6. Titan Souls
  7. Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
  8. Hotline Miami
  9. Touch My Katamari
  10. Uncharted: Golden Abyss

It’s great to see the Xbox One with such a strong showing. It kind of came out of nowhere, especially considering PS4 exclusive Bloodborne, but it’s super healthy competition either way!

Ouch. I think MS should just pull out of Japan and focus on the rest of the world instead.

After a dismal Japan launch and then horrible sales, the latest weekly Xbox One sales for Japan are, simply put, awful. During the week of June 8 to June 14, Microsoft sold a hundred Xbox One consoles in Japan. That’s right, one hundred.

Look at those first two:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/07/playstation-store-july-2015s-top-sellers/

PS4 Games
1 Journey
2 Bastion
3 Batman: Arkham Knight
4 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
5 The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
6 Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
7 God of War III Remastered
8 Grand Theft Auto V
9 EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR
10 EA SPORTS UFC
11 Mortal Kombat X
12 DRIVECLUB
13 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
14 J-STARS Victory VS+
15 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
16 Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
17 Transistor
18 Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
19 FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
20 Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

Ha, that is something.

On a different note, in my opinion the move to thumbnails in the topic list has not benefited a topic any more than this one. Well done, Smurf. But, I may have to exclude gifs as the first image in the future, could get a little out of hand.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

I just have to post this since Rocket League was 3rd the month after it was FREE! That’s so cool for those devs.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/10/playstation-store-august-2015s-top-downloads/

PS4 Games
1 Madden NFL 16
2 Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist
3 Rocket League
4 Until Dawn
5 Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture
6 Goat Simulator
7 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
8 Need for Speed Rivals
9 Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment
10 Gauntlet: Slayer Edition
11 Grand Theft Auto V
12 Journey
13 Batman: Arkham Knight
14 Mega Man Legacy Collection
15 How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition
16 The Walking Dead: Season Two
17 Kung Fury: Street Rage
18 Grim Fandango Remastered
19 OUTLAST
20 Hotline Miami

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/11/24/playstation-4-sales-surpass-30-2-million-units-worldwide/179348/

“PS4 is a uniform system on which gamers everywhere can enjoy the same high-quality digital entertainment experiences. The rapid expansion of the PS4 platform further reinforces the foundation of delivering compelling entertainment experiences. Customers can choose from multiple offerings available on this most favored platform that ranges from games on discs or through digital download to a variety of services available on PlayStation Network, including PlayStation Plus membership service, apps for streaming video, music and TV content. The 30.2 million PS4 owners around the world are spending more time playing games and enjoying entertainment content as the company further enriches content and services."

That number is pre-Black Friday. Insane.

Yup. It’s almost doubled the XB1 sales (according to VGChartz). Dude, the PS2 has sold ~158 million units. 360 & PS3 have sold 80 million each, which is crazy but,158 million.

Black Friday results are in:
http://blog.infoscout.co/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Screen-Shot-2015-11-30-at-5.55.12-PM.png

That is a HUGE difference from last Black Friday:
http://1u88jj3r4db2x4txp44yqfj1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/topconsole_share.jpg

And Battlefront is really low. But not as low as Tomb Raider:
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/12308270_181038368909890_898585616572652712_n.jpg?oh=0cffab2689d86e9f7bb3c94eb8962383&oe=56E58043

http://blog.infoscout.co/games-trump-console-sales-this-black-friday/

Wow, Just Dance is still that popular, huh? Is that worldwide?

Sadly, no.

About the Data

More than 300,000 Americans snap pictures of their everyday shopping receipts via InfoScout’s mobile apps: Shoparoo, Receipt Hog and Receipt Lottery. The first 250,000 receipts reported from shopping trips on Thanksgiving night and Black Friday were analyzed to support the real-time insights above. For further information, please contact press@infoscoutinc.com.

No, just Americans and just for Thxgiving night and Black Friday. A bit more info, such as pricing and % off of retail, would’ve helped to give some perspective with those numbers. But whatever, its supposed to just be a snapshot anyways, I guess.

Okay, so I’ve been scouring GAF and if anyone cares about November sales, I’ll try to post everything I’ve found here. Note, this is for the US only.

Software (excludes digital; console order shows which sold best; does not include bundles)

1.) Call of Duty: Black Ops III - (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC | Actvision Blizzard) - Higher than Advanced Warfare, highest selling game since 2013
2.) Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC | Bethesda Softworks) - Up 70% versus Fallout: New Vegas and 9% versus Fallout 3 when adjusted for days in the month, more comparable to Skyrim
3.) Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4, Xbox One, PC | Electronic Arts) - Up 21% versus The Force Unleashed, the previous best selling Star Wars game (it had a worldwide LTD of over 7 million copies)
4.) Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3 | Electronic Arts)
5.) NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3 | Take-Two)
6.) FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3 | Electronic Arts)
7.) Need For Speed (PS4, Xbox One | Electronic Arts)
8.) Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One | Microsoft)
9.) Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate (PS4, Xbox One, PC | Ubisoft)
10.) Just Dance 2016 (Wii, Wii U, 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3 | Ubisoft)

The top three were expected. The bottom 4… not so much.

Here’s a breakdown of the Top 3 with bundles:

Electronic Arts’s leading title ‘Star Wars: Battlefront,’ the third-best seller of the November 2015 U.S. Games Industry Sales (New Physical Channel) report, sold 2.10 million unit sales including bundles, or 1.725 million units looking at the software side of things.

So if we look at the top three software when doing a like-to-like comparison factoring in all bundle sales, we have:

1.) Call of Duty: Black Ops III - (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC | Actvision Blizzard)
4.89 million unit sales including bundles

2.) Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC | Bethesda Softworks)
2.54 million unit sales including bundles

3.) Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4, Xbox One, PC | Electronic Arts)
2.10 million unit sales including bundles

And further breakdown of console percentages:

BLOPS3
XB1 42% of 4.6m = 1.932.000
PS4 41% of 4.6m = 1.886.000
PS4 bundles: 251k
combined: 2.137.000 PS4

PS4 is the new home of Call of Duty.

Fallout 4
PS4 ~ 53.11%

With XB1 bundles added in, the XB1 version of Fallout 4 sold about 15k better than the PS4 version.

Star Wars Battlefront
PS4 ~ 51.16%

With bundles, the audience for Battlefront on PS4 GREATLY outnumbers the XB1 and PC audiences combined. (I’ll try to find the post that verifies this, just don’t buy this for the PC… trust me.)

If you are wondering where Rise of the Tomb Raider is, CEO Kaz called it:

ROTTR Actual sales: 201k with 87.44% coming from the XB1.

Bombed! I’d say that I feel bad for Tomb Raider, but the way that whole deal/reveal went down I’d say they deserve that one. For reference, that’s worse than The Order 1886, a new IP with bad reviews.

Hardware:

PS4 sales up over 85% year-over-year. And the best November in Playstation history, including the PS2.

375K Battlefront PS4 bundles sold in Nov
283K BLOPS3 PS4 bundles sold in Nov
1539M PS4s sold in Nov

1539-375-283 = [up to] 881K Uncharted Collection bundles sold in Nov, not including Disney Infinity bundles

That’s a LOT of potentially new Uncharted fans for Uncharted 4 next year.

And in case you didn’t know, last gen is officially dead.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Well, I would say this post, more than ever, earns you your title. Very interesting info.