No Man's Sky

No Man's Sky
0.0 0

Like LASSIE I’m… trying to be cautious but this looks like exactly the game that I needed, a game I can just fuck around and go explore, and craft, and do things and be on my own while being part of a universe.

If it delivers, oh man, I am so in forever.

This seems like a perfect game to play while I wait in my LFR queue.

I’m not as hyped for this game as I was a year ago, but I’m buying it digitally so, like @SynnDiesel, I can just start it up whenever I feel like exploring or whatever and burn time. This is the perfect game to play when you don’t feel like playing anything else and just relax.

I assume.

Crap, good point about buying digitally, I didn’t think about that. Damn you BBGCU!

Hello Games’ No Man’s Sky features a vast universe, quintillions of planets, and seemingly endless opportunities for exploration. But you should probably plan on doing it alone, even though there is technically multiplayer support.

In fact, the chance of you being able to meet up with a friend in the vastness of space is so slim that Sony and Hello Games consider No Man’s Sky to be a single-player experience (as seen here on the PlayStation Store and Steam storefront).

Game Informer Australia editor David Milner reached out to Sony to inquire about a number of items and heard one interesting tidbit. “PS Plus won’t be a requirement to play online, however you will need to connected to the internet for your discoveries to register with the universal atlas,” a representative told him.

The atlas is a souped up version of a leaderboard, allowing players to leave indelible marks on the one-time procedurally generated universe. We’ll find out just how expansive the game is when it’s released on August 9.

Surprised no one has said anything about the guy who paid $1,250 bucks to play this game just two weeks in advance of everyone else.

He also found out you could get to the center in about 12 hours…

I canceled my preorder for this. I’m excited, but I have been hearing some very cautious things. The last straw was hearing that there may not be any early review copies sent out. Makes me nervous.

I’m going to play it safe and wait for a consensus.

[quote=“ChristopheLeFou, post:110, topic:65, full:true”]
The last straw was hearing that there may not be any early review copies sent out.[/quote]

Not necessarily.

Well… I’m going to have it on Day 1 and by the time you guys decide to jump in, I’ll have discovered and renamed all of the planets to Smurf-something. Have fun with that.

My expectations are already tempered but hearing all the things makes me…not confident about the game.

12 hours by manipulating the economy and ONLY traveling towards the center. The first playthrough took 30+ hours.*

*According to my flawless and always accurate sources at Kinda Funny Games.

Doom also did not have early review copies sent out. Just saying…

Are the only things being heard coming from that one guy on reddit? About glitches/bugs and the fast track to the center?

If that’s it, that doesn’t change my opinion much. I’ve been cautiously excited for this game just based on what it is and how it’s made, and I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of gameplay is involved. Still planning to get it day one, but I am getting it on disc.

Well, the guy did have a good amount of footage to back up his claims. He also made a final video stating that he still loves the game and that it wasn’t his intention to start an “anti-hype” train.

Hopefully that includes some changes to certain loot drops and vendor prices.