Nintendo Switch

Nintendo Switch
0.0 0

It’s the only thing I see in that gif now.

Also:

I’m so disturbed right now.

Presentation times announced:

Honestly, hell yeah. Quite pumped for this.

Sorry, I’m a sucker for teraflop stories

It’s better to take the rumored Japanese price as a ballpark figure: the Nintendo Switch will probably sell at or less than $250 in the US.

We should know for sure later this week.

I am so very excited.

• $299
  • March 3rd
  • Paid online service, no price yet, will get a free nes/snes game each month . :rolling_eyes:
  • 6.2" screen, 720p on the go, 1080p while docked
  • 32gb on board storage, expanded with microSD cards
  • not region locked
  • Comes with mini-game collection; 1-2 Switch I can’t read good
  • Zelda available at launch
  • Battery life ranges from 2.5 - 6 hours depending on the game

I was hoping for a cheaper price for what will essentially be a Mario/Zelda machine. Can’t you get an XBone/PS4 with a game for $299 these days?

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah, this might be the first Nintendo console I don’t by at launch since…well shit, I think I have bought every console at launch outside of Virtual Boy

This doesn’t excite you? :laughing:

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/C2DLVq6WEAA1MFt.mp4

I’m sure they could make a great WarioWare game for it, but I’ll just watch the GB crew play it and be good

Online Play on Nintendo Switch

You’ll be able to play compatible co-op and competitive games online by signing in with your Nintendo Account. Online play will be free for Nintendo Account holders until our paid online service launches in fall 2017.

After the free-trial period, most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online.

This service is only for Nintendo Switch. It does not affect Wii U or Nintendo 3DS systems or online play.

Planned for fall 2017

• Online lobby and voice chat
  • Our new dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches in compatible games─all from your smart device.

A free, limited version of this app will be available for download in summer 2017.

• Monthly game download
  • Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.

Exclusive deals

Special offers for subscribers may include discounts on select digital games and content.

So, in short:

• Cannot write on game cards (not even for game saves, it seems), all goes on the internal 32GB flash memory.
  • Expanded storage via microSD already taking up to 2 TB, even if nobody will have those cards at home at launch.
  • The system is actually ready to take external USB drives for additional storage, but as it’d be via those ports on the dock, you wouldn’t be able to take games with you, so Nintendo is still looking at it and thus this option won’t be active at launch.

When I first read this I was saddened by how out of touch and behind the times they still seem to be, with the fact that second screen failed miserably years ago. Reading this more carefully though, if this is actually well implemented, which is a HUGE if concerning anything with Nintendo and online play, it could be a good step forward for incorporating smart devices with consoles. It won’t take much for them to do this better than Sony, but even Microsoft’s app is “decent”, but it never comes close to the ease of just simply texting your friend to play a game. Every other solution is just way to clunky to ever make sense, I don’t see Nintendo being the one to break that barrier down.

North American Switch Lineup according to Nintendo:
March 2017
Zelda: BotW (+Special/Master editions) $59.99/$99.99/$129.99
1, 2, Switch $49.99
I Am Setsuna
Has Been Heroes
Just Dance 2017
Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! $19.99
Super Bomberman R

April 28, 2017
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe $59.99

Spring 2017
Arms $59.99
Lego City Undercover
Sonic Mania

Summer 2017
Splatoon 2

Fall 2017
Skyrim
NBA 2k18 (September)

Holiday 2017
Super Mario Odyssey

Project Sonic 2017

TBD
Arcade Archives
FIFA
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
Disgaea 5 Complete
Dragonball Z Xenoverse 2
Farming Simulator
Fast RMX (that F-zero lookalike from the sizzle)
Fire Emblem Warriors
Minecraft Story Mode The complete adventure
Minecraft
Puyopuyo Tetris
Rayman Legends Definitive edition
Rime
Shin Megami Tensei
Skylanders Imaginators
Siberia 3
Steep

GAME DETAILS

The first fighting game of its kind!

Choose a fighting champion from around the world, equip your own combination of extendable arms, and then use a mix of button presses and quick hand motions to really take the fight to your opponent. Throw punches and guide them midflight to hit agile fighters, avoid incoming attacks with dashes, or trampoline high into the air to rain down fists from above. Power-up your punches to deal extra damage or curve your fists around obstacles to hit skittish opponents. Fill up your special gauge to dish out devastating combinations and finish them off. Unleash your inner fighter in this unbelievable sporting event!

Fight via simple motion and button controls – Grab onto your Joy-Con with a unique “thumbs-up” grip and use simple motions and button presses to outthink your opponent. Toss and curve punches when you find an opening, and dodge a flurry of incoming attacks. It’s fast-paced fun for everyone!

Select from a variety of fighters – Select from brand-new fighting superstars like Ribbon Girl, Master Mummy, and more! Each fighter has their own special attributes to learn and master.

Fight in arenas with unique obstacles – Throw punches around (or through) mysterious liquid-filled columns in a spooky laboratory, or in certain arenas, toss fighters onto trampolines for epic aerial skirmishes.

Choose your arms carefully – Each weapon has its own strength. Some are slow and do tons of damage, while others are fast as lighting, but will only serve to set up larger combinations. It’s up to you to mix and match your arms to fit your play style.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2017/01/12/ultra-street-fighter-ii-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch

For the first time in nearly 20 years, since Super Street Fighter II, two new characters join the fight; Evil Ryu and Violent Ken. This version of Ryu has succumbed to the Satsui no Hado and is now obsessed with fighting in order to prove he is the strongest. His former honorable self has been purged, allowing him to enjoy absolute power and embrace an unquenchable bloodthirst for battle.

Violent Ken is the result of M. Bison kidnapping and brainwashing Ken, enhancing his abilities with Psycho Power and twisting his brotherly rivalry with Ryu into hatred. Violent Ken is more ruthless, aggressive, and fearless with moves that feature purple flames instead of his signature fire.

But then you had to go post that Super Mario trailer and get me all in a tussle!

Where did you see this? I have yet to see that it’s a pack-in…