News Dump Truck

News Dump Truck
0.0 0

Good! Leave the kids at home while Daddy plays with the big boys. That might have been the most glowing thing I have heard yet about it, as long as there are enough old balls out there to support the numbers.

I will say this though. After playing the demo for a brief while I already like it better than PUBG. One thing I didn’t care for though is that the map is basically an island made up of other Black Ops maps.

Been playing the Blackout beta a ton this weekend. I hate to say it, but it’s pretty awesome.

The device will cost $99.99 ( €99.99 / 9,980 yen / £89.99) and, similar to Nintendo’s NES and SNES Classic consoles, will come pre-loaded with 20 “genre-defining” titles, including Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3, and Ridge Racer Type 4. The device will launch globally on December 3rd.

Or, you know, you could have made the PS4 Backwards Compatible with PS1 games.

Or, at the very least, make it so if you have a PS1 game in the system you can download and play the PSN version for free.

Full List:

Battle Arena Toshinden
Cool Boarders 2
Destruction Derby
Final Fantasy VII
Grand Theft Auto
Intelligent Qube
Jumping Flash
Metal Gear Solid
Mr Driller
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
Rayman
Resident Evil Director’s Cut
Revelations: Persona
Ridge Racer Type 4
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Syphon Filter
Tekken 3
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
Twisted Metal
Wild Arms

I highlighted the reasons I’d buy this, but I’d rather buy them as Digital Downloads on my PS4.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/10/29/announcing-playstation-classics-full-lineup-of-20-games/

Twisted Metal over Twisted Metal 2 is an unusual choice.

Also no Tomb Raider or MediEvil.

MediEvil is getting a full remake, so that’s not surprising. Then again, so is FFVII…

This marks the first time in the 15 years of Blizzcon history that something announced during the opening ceremony was booed.

What’s the beef? Did they want a “real” diablo game?

Yeah, but it’s a bit more that just wanting a “real” Diablo title. Here’s a nice “out-of-the-loop” summary I pulled from Reddit.

BACKGROUND

Prior to this year’s Blizzcon, Blizzard had dropped hints that there was a big announcement regarding the Diablo franchise.

Since this usually means either a new title or remaster of a classic title, this announcement built hype that there would be a new entry in the franchise (Diablo 4), an expansion to the current entry (Diablo 3), or a port/remaster of an existing game.

For some context, Diablo 1 & 2 are considered legendary PC games (This will come up later).

Now, mobile games are fine, but their hardware limitations, in terms of processing power, graphics, even battery life, means that the experience the medium can provide is vastly different that the experience provided by PC gaming.

Also, certain growing trends in how game developers are trying to monetize their games, such as pay-to-win and in-game transactions, are drawing backlash from gamers, who view these practices as predatory cash-grabs. These practices are appearing everywhere, but they’re absolutely dominant in the mobile gaming market.

While pretty much mobile game developers of every stripe include such practices in their products, due to the huge size of their mobile gaming market, Chinese companies are particularly notorious for such practices.

BLIZZCON

Now Blizzcon rolls around, and the extremely hyped up and expectant crowd of reporters and fans who actually paid money for tickets to be on the scene when something new in a franchise they love gets announced… is introduced to Diablo Immortals, a mobile phone game… developed by an outsource Chinese company… who re-skinned one of their existing games to make it. That’s the big announcement.

RECEPTION

The general reception to this announcement was negative. During the subsequent Q&A, someone even asked: “Is this an out-of-season April Fool’s joke?” and got more applause than the actual announcement.

The negativity soured even further when the hosts asked: “Do you guys not have phones?!”. After videos of the panel on Youtube were severely downvoted, they were also apparently removed and re-uploaded to reset the like/dislike ratios as a form of damage control, to no avail, and likely aggravating the situation to where we currently are right now.

That is a good summary.