News Dump Truck

News Dump Truck
0.0 0

It received a tip in the form of pictures showing a shrink-wrapped version of Modern Warfare Remastered for PlayStation 4 as well as an image of a Target shelf tag listing the price as $39.99.

$40!?! Come on…

available both physically and digitally — on June 27. The game will be available first on PlayStation 4, with Windows PC and Xbox One versions to follow.

The stand-alone release will cost $39.99 and will not include the Modern Warfare Remastered Variety Map Pack.

Activision did not provide release dates for the Windows PC and Xbox One versions of the game.

Please see @LASSIE 's previous post. :arrow_up:

“We had no code and no art assets,” Blizzard 3D Art Director Brian Sousa confirmed to Ars Technica. The 2017 project’s entire art pipeline was “eyeballed,” Sousa said, with recovered concept artwork, sketches, and original boxes and manuals used as reference materials. Not all code was missing, as Blizzard has been issuing patches to the original game’s code base for nearly 20 years. Also, a member of the sound team thankfully had backups of the original sound and voice recordings, which are now reprocessed in higher-fidelity 44,100Hz format.

That seems crazy to me! Why even remake the original if you had to practically start from scratch? Are they even going to recoup the costs at $15

I mean, they make a metric butt-ton of money elsewhere, so why not have a single game put them in the red a tad to make the fans happy.

I take it back, this is the reason they made it and I’m sure they will make money hand over fist. Sometimes I can be a little short sided.

lol nice one tiny leg bro

The article just glosses over the fact that they lost the art and some of the code. I want to know how the hell that happened!?

I think Blizzard will be ok.

It’s a 20 year old game, and at the time of StarCraft’s release I can only imagine Blizzard was still in their infancy period of a video game developer, moving files from place to place via backups on floppy disks, since server backups were still very, very expensive in mid to late 90’s.

I get that. I’ve lost code before. But this is something they were directly making money from. Something they touched numerous times over the years since for patches, updates, DLC. I figured they’d have backups in triplicate. I guess they’re human after all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Note quite sure why I am posting this, as I have no reason to defend Polygon or any of it’s writers, but I guess when I see a good article every now and then, it gives me hope they can be better than the cheap headlines and unfair biases that some of you feel is all they can put out (as well as many of the people in the comments)

It doesn’t have much to do about video games as it does the life around collecting games, but considering I am struggling with what to do with my near worthless collection, it was a good read.

Great, now I’m eyeing the 4 U-Haul boxes full of video games I have yet to unpack and thinking how much I could get for them.

I have the first episode for free, but haven’t touched it. I believe it started strong, but ended a little weak. Who can confirm?

I haven’t finished it, so don’t know how it ends, but oh what a strong start.

Fortnite is out now on PS4. Gonna mess around with it tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUAHbqsxfUo

The Sims 4 is Coming to PS4! Out November 17 (also XBO)
And for those looking for even more fun, pre-order The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition* to get the same great Stuff Pack as well as:

• Unlocking Early Access to the Full Game, up to three days in advance of the worldwide launch on November 17;
  • Life of the Party Digital Content, featuring the Flaming Tiki Bar and sleek, stylized outfits for your Sims;
  • Up All Night Digital Content, featuring the Laser Light Show, fun decorations, and outrageous party costumes;
  • Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content, featuring a collection of fun animal hats for your Sims to wear and show off.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/26/the-sims-4-is-coming-to-ps4-out-november-17/

Turns out Fortnite is just a greedy “early-access” title with a $60 buy-in (it’s going F2P in a few months) filled to the brim with micro-transactions that gate progression behind a paywall topped off with RNG mechanics instead of any substance.