New Comic Book Day

New Comic Book Day
0.0 0

Morning Glories is another series I’m really enjoying.

The series takes place almost exclusively at the fictional Morning Glory Academy, an exclusive boarding school
for teenagers. Beneath its placid facade, the school is actually
involved in the murder and torture of students as well as various
investigations into occult and supernatural
phenomena. The main action focuses on six students from diverse
backgrounds as they enter Morning Glory Academy and try to survive.

I don’t see anyone posting any Tank Girl. Y’all suck.

Jokes on you, I don’t even read comics! NEEEEERDS!

Always meant to check this one out.

I had to look this one up :grin:

Suzie, a librarian, and Jon, an actor, meet at a party and, after sleeping together, they discover that they share the ability to freeze time when they orgasm. As their relationship develops and their sexual histories are explored, they decide to rob the bank where Jon works in order to save Suzie’s endangered library.

That’s funny, I have the opposite super power. I have the ability to speed up time under the sheets. Go figure.

The premise makes it sound kind of terrible but its a really good series.

Just picked up the first couple volumes of Sex Criminals, it is indeed awesome, and hilarious. Most of the stuff in the background of Cumworld was pretty hilarious.

Really want to know what the Three-Second Rule Taco looks like.

I picked up the hardcover collection and it has an amazing alternate cover under the outer sleeve in case you’re embarrassed to be reading Sex Criminals in public:

Left: Alternate Cover
Right: Outer Sleeve

Say I wanted to read some X-Men comics, where is a good place to start? Are there any must read series?

Do you want to start with Bronze Age comics (1970-1985) or do you want to jump into something more modern? The art style and panel layouts of older comics can turn some people off.

I’ll answer for him. He wants modern. I know him well enough to know that.

What he said.

Mkay, then start with Grant Morrison’s New X-Men (#114-154) and if that hooks you, follow that run with Joss Whedon’s Astonishing X-Men (#1 – 24) and Giant-Size Astonishing X-Men #1. After that it’s pretty much just a bunch of mini-series and team-ups, and I’m not up-to-date on that stuff at all.

I love the Mutant Massacre crossover that Marvel did in the mid 80’s. Check it out if can find the issues.

Got drawn into it because of these 2 covers.

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but figured this was the best spot to get a feeler of the impact regarding what is said above.

Interesting. I’ve been buying more and more digital comics lately, so I’ll be curious to see how this affects DC. The last DC books I read were in The Button storyline.

And, coincidentally, the story ties directly into—you guessed it—FLASHPOINT. This time, Batman and Flash both go into Flashpoint and Bruce Wayne Batman actually gets to meet Thomas Wayne Batman. And it is the start of the Watchmen infiltrating the DC universe. Which should be interesting.

I recently read these as well:
House of M
Avengers vs. X-men (the reason I hope Disney buys 21st Century Fox)
Civil War 2 (not as good as 1)
Secret Wars

And next on my list is Convergence.