Monster Hunter: World

0.0 0

The fifth primary title in the Monster Hunter franchise will feature much larger maps, seamless transitions between zones in the map and four-player online co-op. It will allow players from Japan and western countries to play together for the first time in the series.

First Released

January 26, 2018

Platforms

PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4

Developers

Capcom

Genres

Action, Role-Playing

Find out more at Giant Bomb

Anyone want to take my copy off my hands? I absolutely despise this game.

No.

Can’t believe I’m going to say this, but I’m actually not interested either. The charm of that game is completely lost on me.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Monster Hunter: World. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical cryptozoology most of the action will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also your palico’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into its characterisation- its personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the game, to realise that they’re not just actions- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Monster Hunter: World truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in your palico’s existential catchphrase “Meowba Meubba Mew Mew,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Yuya Tokuda’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools… how I pity them. :joy:

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Monster Hunter: World tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid :sunglasses: